No announcement yet.

OLD - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashed kernel 720 cpu 1272 , for me its working faster and smoother than 1.6. Still testing.

Comment

Lost original the Setting App

Hi,

I somehow managed to delete the original "simple" Setting app and cannot flash the ROM now as I can't get the U802 into Flash mode - without the simple Setting app I can't switch between Mass Storage and MTP mode (step 7) => "Flash mode failed" error

Is there any place where I can download the original Setting apk or another way to switch from Mass Storage to MTP and back?

TIA
      Chimok

Comment

Originally posted by Chimok View Post
        Hi,

I somehow managed to delete the original "simple" Setting app and cannot flash the ROM now as I can't get the U802 into Flash mode - without the simple Setting app I can't switch between Mass Storage and MTP mode (step 7) => "Flash mode failed" error

Is there any place where I can download the original Setting apk or another way to switch from Mass Storage to MTP and back?

TIA
        Chimok

Use the reboot button and boot to bootloader

Comment

Originally posted by Chimok View Post
          Hi,

TIA
          Chimok
          I had the same problem, mine second new UG802 came with 4.1 and has no root, so I found this solution from Bob and it worked also for me:

Comment

Originally posted by bads View Post
            Flashed with stock kernel and sound works.
            Anyone have same problem? Any clues how to work this around?
            Thanx
            Yes, i have the same problem.
            Kernel 720 CPU 1272 GPU 466 and
            Kernel 1080 CPU 1272 GPU 466 no sound

Flash stock kernel = sound ok

Comment

I flashed Kernel 1080 CPU 1272 GPU 466
              Sound works and no other problems to report so far...

Comment

I flashed Kernel 1080 CPU 1272 GPU 466
                really great job, everything works good
                for now

Comment

Originally posted by bads View Post
                  Flashed with stock kernel and sound works.
                  Anyone have same problem? Any clues how to work this around?
                  Thanx
                  first tests of Russian users, pointed me to EDID, it thinks your TV support 7.1 or not support sound and switch off sound output. I think the EDID part of source not completed by Rockchip and this is the reason they disabled EDID in all stock firmwares, so I'm investigating the problem and soon when we will find a reason I'll make a patch to fix this.
                  On different TV people getting different results on some TV sound won't work but on some no problems with sound.

Comment

Originally posted by gabb View Post
                    Use the reboot button and boot to bootloader
                    Thank you and @Mediacj for your support.

After powering the stick on for a second time it went into Flash mode.

I have flashed the 1080 not overclocked version and everything works fine now.

Finless and 2d4u did a great job!

Comment

Another Mirror Host

Mirror...
                      Finless & 2dark4u Custom ROM for UG802 1.7 ROM:

Comment

Ok I also tested the new rom I started with:
                        kernel_1080_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img = Overclocked CPU@1272, GPU@466, Ram@1120

Wow 1080p vids look sharp and nice! But I had also the following already mentioned problems:
                        - flickering artifacts in 1080p
                        - sound not working stable
                        - WiFi reception less stable and less throughput

I also tried a 2a Ipad usb adapter but no change. So I switched back to stock and then sound/wifi were perfect again and no flickering artifacts anymore. Hopefully it can be fixed because it was a pleasure to look at!

Thx again!

Comment

IMPORTANT! Please read this!

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                          For people using the 'dual boot' capable recovery.img from AndrewDB for the Ubuntu pre-alpha, can we just replace recovery.img with the one from that, rather than flashing it twice?

Thanks for the work on this ROM
                          Actually you shouldn't do that, you really must flash twice the UG802. Let me explain why:

1. When you Flash Bob's ROM for the first time, the Misc partition is setup so that the UG802 reboots into standard recovery and runs a short script that formats the cache, etc. The last step of this script is to clear the Misc partition so that on your next reboot, the UG802 boots into Android normally.

2. If you flash my Linux kernel in the recovery partition at the same time as Bob's ROM, the short script never runs, Misc never gets cleared and you'll be stuck booting into the Linux kernel forever, until you "unbrick" the UG802 - which requires opening the case, etc (it's no big deal, but still a small PITA).

So the correct way to go here is:
                          1. Flash Bob's ROM, let it reboot into recovery, run the script, and reboot into Android.
                          2. Make sure Android runs fine.
                          3. Install the Linux kernel and then you can dual boot Bob's excellent Android ROM and Ubuntu Linux without any problems.

Comment

Flickering

Same here, flashed with kernel_1080_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120.img and noticed constant flickering at 1080p 60 hz.

Changed to 1080p 50 hz and the flickering was less. Then changed to 1080p 24 hz and it was very minimal but still there.

Finally I flashed with 720p Kernel and flickering completely disappeared.

Bob any help to fix this is appreciated.

Comment

heat sink

Hello . I flashed kernel_720_CPU1272_GPU466_RAM1120 and everything works great, sound,wifi only my ethernet usb adapter doesn't work. i made heatsink from old graphic card(heatsink 40x40mm) for pc and glued with termal glue Artic Silver two component adhesive.cooling fan is 12V 0.7W 40x40mm. Please tell me 2dark4u/Finless is my heatsink ok for
                              kernel_720_CPU1608_GPU466_RAM1120? i'm affraid to burn ug802. i make donate 2 weeks ago and next donate coming soon. my paypal card expired 2 days ago.
                              i have usb hub4x1 d link with power supply.
                              1.http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...201215954.jpg/
                              2.http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...201232517.jpg/
                              3.http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...202004714.jpg/

Many regards from Croatia.
                              Last edited by spaky; 12-02-2012, 01:05.

Comment

Yeah, there are flickering artefacts on the screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X