• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you...

Mirror:

Comment

Obligatory Stupid Question

I previously setup 1GB app space when flashing finless 1.6. Are there any advantages to be gained by flashing via pc over just copying the img to sdcard as update.img this time? Thanks for the hard work guys.

Comment

First up, fantastic job! 1.7 is much better than the mess that was shipped with my UG802.

I had a few problems though:

On Win 7, I could not get your flash tool to get my UG802 into flash mode- it would say 'Flash mode failed' even though another tool could successfully go into that mode (RKBatch tool).

I had many test failures when flashing the ROM: I fixed this by using a higher quality USB cable and rebooting the PC each time. I never thought their quality affected anything, so that has opened my eyes.

My main problem is wifi is totally dead. I go to switch it on in settings and although it is ticked 'on' it never actually switches on. It detects my router, and the password is correct but no joy. Is there anything else I can try?

But, great job!

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernuke View Post
          First up, fantastic job! 1.7 is much better than the mess that was shipped with my UG802.

On Win 7, I could not get your flash tool to get my UG802 into flash mode- it would say 'Flash mode failed' even though another tool could successfully go into that mode (RKBatch tool).

I had many test failures when flashing the ROM: I fixed this by using a higher quality USB cable and rebooting the PC each time. I never thought their quality affected anything, so that has opened my eyes.

My main problem is wifi is totally dead. I go to switch it on in settings and although it is ticked 'on' it never actually switches on. It detects my router, and the password is correct but no joy. Is there anything else I can try?

But, great job!
          I ran into the same wifi problem on v1.7.
          To fix this you need a better power supply.
          I switched to 2.1A wall power supply and wifi started working perfect.

Comment

Bob and Alex amazing work!
            configuration boot1080 and kernel 1080/1272.
            everything seems working but not my hub 4xusb. i have light on hub but keyboard seems not working when is plugged in. already with ac original adapter from my htc desire.

Comment

Antutu benchmark...
              On 1.6v Rom... Stock kernel
              Score.. 7608

On 1.7v Rom @720p with
              Overclocked Kernel CPU@1272, GPU@466, Ram@1120
              Score... 9035

On 1.7v Rom @720p with
              Overclocked Kernel CPU@1608, GPU@466, Ram@1120
              Score... 9457

Nice improvement... Thanks Bob and 2dark4u
              Last edited by userx; 12-02-2012, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernuke View Post

But, great job!
                I think again the reason of Your problem is lack of Power, so:
                1. Try more powerfull power source (stock PS or <2000mA PS is not enough for any of my kernel's).

also about WIFI issue :

2. "Bad soldered antenna" issue (driver of WIFI will switch off after 10sec if NO antenna detected)
                to fix this issue You need somehow to resolder antenna (oh don't do it if You not sure in result !)

3. "Solder Flux on WIFI chip" issue (sometimes they left some solder flux near WIFI chip after some time WIFI will stop work, it will make bad contact because the solder flux is chemically active and makes oxidation much faster) to fix this issue, You need to carefully remove solder flux left around WIFI chip with organic solvent to stop oxidation and to make better contact even if it's soldered not perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by baybora72 View Post
                  I have got MK808,
                  I use that new firmware for ug802 to my mk808. Y

esterday and today I have got a different problem.
                  Yesterday , I had downloaded deadhp1's 1080p firmware for mk808, I have tried the 2dark4u &finless firmware. I tried all version, for 1080p and 720p.. I plug off the hdmi cable, and plug in again, power off, and power on again, I have changed the hdmi cable. Nothing is changed.

Please check the picture below, and suggest me, what is the solution? or what is the problem?

Best Regards

Try to turn UG802 directly to TV without HDMI cable I think It's HDMI cable bandwith problem.

Comment

Originally posted by userx View Post
                    Antutu benchmark...
                    On 1.6v Rom... Stock kernel
                    Score.. 7608

On 1.7v Rom @720p with
                    Overclocked Kernel CPU@1272, GPU@466, Ram@1120
                    Score... 9035

On 1.7v Rom @720p with
                    Overclocked Kernel CPU@1608, GPU@466, Ram@1120
                    Score... 9194

Nice improvement... Thanks Bob and 2dark4u
                    Now I'm testing reworked video driver for 720P, there You will get +30% performance on all kernel's, just need some time to test it. (antutu will show @1272 10000+ @1608 12000+) but now in all 720P kernel's, old driver from manufacturer, all 1080P kernel's in 1.7 already with tweaked Video driver and they are faster in 1080P ! antutu shows on 1272 kernel @1080P same result 9000+ so no performance drop if You will compare with 720P kernel @1272.

also if You wish to get max performance choose governer "performance" and min/max freq to your kernel limit it will lock CPU on max freq and antutu will show best result or after each test CPU switch to lower performance with interactive governor and result will be lower.

Comment

Bob and 2dark4u: grat work

Many thanks

Cheers!

Comment

hello all, this is the first post I write.i have a androidtv ug802 with finless 1.6 and i want to update to the new rom 1.7 to test true 1080 and report bugs,but i have a trouble the microusb port in the androidtv is broken.is there any way to update from usb port?thanks for your reply.

Comment

Image quality

Once again, great job!
                          Yesterday night I found the new posted firmware and could't resist to test it right away.
                          configuration boot1080 and kernel 1080/1272
                          the good:
                          • finally real 1080
                          • flashing in minutes
                          • mouse and keyboard works well
                          • seem faster
                          • very responsive
                          • WiFi works fine - few weeks ago I sold a smt quick connector and attache an external antenna
                          the not so good:
                          • some time it reboot after closing video player, but must test some more
                          • even with the new kernel video image quality is considerably poor compare to my Samsung tv streamer and from my Xtreamer player.
                          the image is too dark, too saturated and way too much artifacts.
                          is there any chance somebody can improve that? or it is a matter of hardware.
                          The Xtramer uses a much older hardware and still produce a very nice image quality.
                          can someone test and compare with any of other media device?
                          I don't know what about you guys, but for me the UG802 was supposed to be my updated / better media streamer where playback quality is in first place.
                          hope there is a way.

thank again, I am definitely going to donate
                          Last edited by totolegrand; 12-03-2012, 07:11.

Comment

guys, awesome work! u made this tiny plastic piece the device its meant to be... i'm repeating myself here! ;-) only seems to need a bit more power supplied (the usb of my samsung home cinema doesnt do it anymore now), but performance wise its even possible to stream servus.tv in full hd via wlan! :-O all files, even the ones that didnt have perfect sync yet, are now perfectly synced. sometime flash has little problem when switching between fullscreen and embedded, but resizing again does the trick here - so no complains at all. once again a big THX! donation should income very soon! ugoos should support you on this one with a big cheque! ;-)

Comment

Got it working, some experiences to share

Hi All,

Just thought to share my experiences with you.

1) I couldn't get in Flash mode at first. The instructions Bob included to get it in Flash mode appear to be for the custom launcher included in the original ROM.
                              2) Clicking the Reboot app didn't work either. It couldn't get root access;
                              3) Finally, I downloaded and fired up the RKBatch tool v 1.5., pressed switch and got it in flash mode!
                              4) As I already used my laptop to flash it to 1.6, my laptop already had the latest drivers. There was no need to install or update the drivers.
                              5) I flashed the ROM with boot1080 and 1080 kernel. After firing it up it asked for the original launcher or the new launcher. By mistake I went for the new launcher. Probably a matter of choice, but I prefer the original, stock android launcher.

Experiences:
                              Brilliant! A Fast, Problemless 1080p home theatre experience. Superb. My thanks and congratulations to Bob and Alex.

Comment

Thanks for the great work again!

Unfortunately I've found one issue with the video/audio playback for the files played from any usb stick (FAT32/NTFS) attached to UG802:

1) using MXPlayer Pro latest version gives me a choppy video playback and audio delay of cca. -300ms (720p mkv)
                                Using youtube or other flash videos is acceptable.

2) using other video players (the built-in ones) and BSplayer gives a smooth video (720p mkv), but the out of sync issue persists. Only when I change the audio settings delay to -300ms, it's as it should be.

Once I fix the sync issues, it's fine and I can live with it.

I chose the 720p kernel and 720p boot images for the ROM flashing process which went without any issues. TV I use is HD Ready LG brand one.

Any thoughts?
                                Last edited by gismo; 12-02-2012, 14:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X