OLD - UG802 2dark4u/Finless custom ROM version 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx the great job!

Works fine everything kernel1080p , no overclk.

Antutu: 8159

update: the screen is flickering when i change hdmi1(ug802) and hdmi2(PC).
    Last edited by muchacoado; 12-02-2012, 16:58.

Comment

Some feedback:

On my 1080p TV, video/sound, there are no problems at all.
      On the family's 1080p, every now and then the screen goes blank as it would if it had no signal, then it comes back. I've tried directly plugging into the HDMI socket, and with the short cable provided - same either way.

This is using a HP Touchpad USB charger, which I haven't had problems with so far.

By the way - would anyone be able to recommend a cheap USB-ethernet dongle that works OK please?

Comment

mirror

(Hungarian link, my own server)

Comment

The new mouse pointer looks great
          I was going to change it myself but thanks for doing it on this ROM.

Comment

boot1080, 1080/1272kernel

Everything flashed fine. But similar to when I tried in 1.6 to set to 1080 video the TV no longer displays a signal. Now on this ROM it was not a settign that revert automatically. So I have now no display on the TV. I think maybe the problem is the vizion (crap) tv. Will try another tv soon I hope to confirm.

Any other suggestions on flash mode without being able to see the PC on a tv? I'm assuming this where the pads inside need to be shorted?

Sometimes the TV says "invalid format"

Comment

2dark & userx: thanks for the quick response! I think this too, the stock PS is a bit 'flaky' to say the least! Have ordered a 2.1 A supply, so hopefully that should sort that out.

I have another question, actually regarding joypad support (and apologies if this in the wrong area/ is vague):

I like that there is improved joypad support in this release, but is it possible to stop the joypad working in the Android UI itself (i.e. get the joypad to work in games only?). For example, I have a 2 button NES pad, but both B and A are used by Android to close /quit. In this situation, I would want to have the keyboard do the desktop navigation/ input and the joypad do the gaming input only.

Is this possible to set up?

Comment

Originally posted by totolegrand View Post
                Once again, great job!
                the image is too dark, too saturated and way too much atifacts.

I agree, the video is too dark, HW decoder has issues and on some programs artefacts just covers top or bottom part of the screen... Everything else is just perfect

720_CPU1608_GPU466_RAM1120

Comment

Originally posted by craftaz View Post
                  I agree, the video is too dark, HW decoder has issues and on some programs artefacts just covers top or bottom part of the screen... Everything else is just perfect

720_CPU1608_GPU466_RAM1120
                  [/INDENT]
                  Someone can confirm same effect on 1080P kernel ? There absolutely rewriten driver and If You wish to see best quality, set scaling = 100% to disable internal scaler it uses same algorithm of scaling video as for desktop UI, but there we need sharp fonts and good contrast, after rescaling it causes artifacts and darker video. I repeat, try 1080 kernel and set scaling to 100% in settings menu. Video must be much better in quality after this.

Comment

Sound problem

Thanks 2dark4u and finless bob for this nice rom.
                    Antutu benchmark = 7700 with stock 1.7 rom
                    = 10265 with 720/1272 overclocked 1.7 rom
                    Indeed more than 30% faster.
                    Only issue no sound with overclocked kernel,
                    with stock rom everything works fine.
                    Also mouse pointer is much better.

Great job, guys

I hope you can fix this sound problem ( if you have some time to spare )

Comment

Image quality - the quest

hi,
                      I am with the 1080 kernel and probably at 100%, the slider is in the middle. or there is another place to set it?
                      the UI is OK, apart the weird noise I get whenever I on 1080. was the same with ver. 1.6.
                      I will post few photos from various devices with same video images.

Originally posted by 2dark4u View Post
                      Someone can confirm same effect on 1080P kernel ? There absolutely rewritten driver and If You wish to see best quality, set scaling = 100% to disable internal scaler it uses same algorithm of scaling video as for desktop UI, but there we need sharp fonts and good contrast, after rescaling it causes artifacts and darker video. I repeat, try 1080 kernel and set scaling to 100% in settings menu. Video must be much better in quality after this.

Comment

Artifacts or random pixels on the screen. I have had this on my monitor since day one even with the stock ROM! The stock cable is susceptible to noise. It is the crappy cable that came with the unit. Get a good quality cable. I found this out earlier this week when I got a new 1080 monitor/TV for my PC. It came with a very nice cable and now I do not have those random pixels showing up on dark backgrounds.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I own an MK808 and found that using a good power-supply and a chunky/shorter USB cable to power the device results in an 80-100% reduction in pixel artifacts. Personally, I don't think the MK808 has enough capacitors on-board to deal with intermittent current demands of the WiFi chip and/or USB peripherals. So the best thing to do is to provide a high current power-supply with the least resistance between the MK808 and the power-supply.

I actually probed around on the voltage rails in the MK808 and found the 5 Volt rail is not very clean. This will impact how well the HDMI signal can be generated. Also, long HDMI cables seem to cause the HDMI driver on the MK808 to draw more current or become more sensitive to dirty power resulting in loss of video or intermittent video.

Just my observations.
                          Last edited by mosfet; 12-02-2012, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Artifacts or random pixels on the screen. I have had this on my monitor since day one even with the stock ROM! The stock cable is susceptible to noise. It is the crappy cable that came with the unit. Get a good quality cable. I found this out earlier this week when I got a new 1080 monitor/TV for my PC. It came with a very nice cable and now I do not have those random pixels showing up on dark backgrounds.

Bob
                            Wow you are so right! I had the artifacts, bad sound and poor wifi with the 1080p 1272 rom, and now without the hdmi stock cable everything works perfect with this same rom!! That cable must be bad

For now I am happy

Comment

1080p

1080kernel with stock clocks

Fixed HW issues (soldered PS hard way, replaced wifi with spiral antena - more stable + better speeds)
                              Everything works fine now, just because of this rom this pc mini stick is the best option. If MK802 III doesn't differ anyhow and is compatible with this rom i consider getting it, just because i think that rikomagic has better quality of products.
                              Reasons: poor soldering, bad wi-fi antena, fragile micro usb port)

Comment

Bad solderings

Hi guys Zafire here .
                                I just foud out the hard way when i opened up my UG802 that the powercontact has really bad solderings on it so be really careful when opening up the UG802 and when connecting the power.
                                im going to try to solder my back on tomorrow after i have gotten a thin soldering iron from the hardware store.
                                I am also going to try to solder on a contact on the antenna so that i can use a external antenna .
                                its worth a shot

or else i will have to wiat for the MX1 newer Finless/2dark4u rom is out.
                                I did try to overclock the UG802 before it broke and i did get 10800 on antunu benchmark and that is really great.

Finless a question for u and its about the heatsink do u think we need heatsing on both sides of the Motherboard? isnt it memorys on both sides?

Comment

Working...
                                X