Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biiiiig problem

Hi Bob and Alex,
    First off, props for the super job that you did.
    however, I can't yet enjoy your brand new ROM because I don't seem to have the original settings app. To be on 1.6 (actual rom) I had to switch from mass storage to media player in order for the stick to be recognized by windows.... Now I don't have that app any more and I don't think I deleted it...it just wasn't included in the rom (is this possible?)
    anyways, what can I do? Can anyone post a link to that app so I can install it as an apk?
    thanks in advance everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by gixie View Post
      Hi Bob and Alex,
      First off, props for the super job that you did.
      however, I can't yet enjoy your brand new ROM because I don't seem to have the original settings app. To be on 1.6 (actual rom) I had to switch from mass storage to media player in order for the stick to be recognized by windows.... Now I don't have that app any more and I don't think I deleted it...it just wasn't included in the rom (is this possible?)
      anyways, what can I do? Can anyone post a link to that app so I can install it as an apk?
      thanks in advance everyone...
      just reboot to bootloader with the boot apk. You'll be in flash mode

Comment

How to unhide system bar?

Simple question: When I click the two small arrows pointing down (beside the "volume up" icon), I can hide the system bar. But how do i get it back on screen?? Tried everything, and only way was to reboot device..

Else, everything is working great!! Fantastic work by you guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by bach0405 View Post
          just reboot to bootloader with the boot apk. You'll be in flash mode
          Hi bach,
          Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it does not work. On tv I have the pic of the android on its back with the door opened on its belly... The pc does not seem to recognize the stick... Any other ideas?

Comment

USB Sound

For those looking to connect this to a computer monitor with no HDMI, I used an HDMI to DVI adapter and also purchased a cheap USB Sound adapter - http://www.amazon.com/Virtual-5-1-su...s=usb+3d+sound

It tested fine. It shows up as USB Sound in the Settings/Sound menu. I think its only stereo sound, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gixie View Post
              Hi bach,
              Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it does not work. On tv I have the pic of the android on its back with the door opened on its belly... The pc does not seem to recognize the stick... Any other ideas?
              if You see this image, You are in recovery mode.
              1. Press Reboot to Flash mode.
              2. press erase NAND (IDB) before flashing ROM
              3. press Flash ROM

Comment

Originally posted by 2dark4u View Post
                Someone can confirm same effect on 1080P kernel ? There absolutely rewriten driver and If You wish to see best quality, set scaling = 100% to disable internal scaler it uses same algorithm of scaling video as for desktop UI, but there we need sharp fonts and good contrast, after rescaling it causes artifacts and darker video. I repeat, try 1080 kernel and set scaling to 100% in settings menu. Video must be much better in quality after this.
                Yeap, I still have the artifacts when darker images are displayed.

Comment

To those with wifi not turning on issues...
                  I just replaced the "2A" power supply that came with the device with my iphone 1A psu and wifi doesn't turn off.
                  I'll be getting a real 2A psu now.
                  I also tried Antutu with and without wifi, and I get about 700 points less when wifi is connected so it does require a bit of power.

Can anyone recommend a brand and model? Can't trust what **** sellers say.

Alex and/or Bob. Which one are you using?
                  So many fakes out there.

EDIT:
                  Anyone know this ARIIC brand?

http://www.****.com/itm/New-Ariic-5V...item5aea91aeca

or

http://www.****.com/itm/New-Ariic-5V...-/290793136420

In the meanwhile, I scavanged an old computer 140w PSU and hooked it up to the 5V cables with 14A output.
                  Works great, but having that box laying around is not ideal.
                  Last edited by gabb; 12-03-2012, 05:03.

Comment

Thanks for the hard work guys!

Comment

Problem solved

Originally posted by 2dark4u View Post
                      if You see this image, You are in recovery mode.
                      1. Press Reboot to Flash mode.
                      2. press erase NAND (IDB) before flashing ROM
                      3. press Flash ROM
                      Yes, it worked, thank you Alex...spasibo. I was sure I pressed bootloader... Anyway, just thought I should try on my laptop, with which I did my first successful flash, and it worked.
                      Pretty impressed overall...but gave a few errors in bs player while playing regular sd movies. A restart and everything was ok again. Btw, I know it's not the right place to ask, but do you have another solution for playing movies stored on a NAS? Right now I do it with bs player and while it works ok, it does have its bugs...
                      Anyways, Bob, Alex, great piece of work guys. You're the best.

Comment

The auto hide bar worked better in version 1.6 rom.
                        This version does not let you pull it up or unhide it with the mouse.
                        Is it possible to use the other 1.6v of auto hide bar with 1.7v Rom?
                        Thanks

Comment

Problem solved

More extensive testing: playing a 1080 mkv caused a reboot and looks like it's stuck on the boot screen. I unplugged it and hopefully it restarts.
                          One thing though: when it starts up I see the boot screen that takes up all the TV screen but then after a few seconds I can see it smaller in the middle of the screen with black bars all around. Is this normal?
                          ok, it booted completely after I cut the power. It did the same with 1.6. Must be the PSU, right? I got a 4A for my raspberry Pi but I think I will get a second for the stick as well...
                          Last edited by gixie; 12-03-2012, 12:36.

Comment

Can i use with MK808 ?

Hi Guys, have just read the entire thread and it doesnt seem to be answered.

Can we run this firmware with Mk808?

Do we just need to use a different kernel? Ie from Deadhp1 etc or kizs?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Deanox View Post
                              Hi Guys, have just read the entire thread and it doesnt seem to be answered.

Can we run this firmware with Mk808?

Do we just need to use a different kernel? Ie from Deadhp1 etc or kizs?

Thanks!
                              This Rom will work on mk808 but you will not have working wifi.
                              Flashing the kernel only might work. But I don't have an mk808 to confirm this.

Worst case scenario is you would end up in boot loop and would have to
                              manually short the pins. Forcing you to manually reset the device.
                              If you do know how to recover from boot loop, go for it.
                              If you don't, do not try it.

Comment

Guess I will just wait for an MK808 Version.. Looking forward to it.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X