Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UG802: How to Install 1.7 ROM on 4.1 device without flash tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UG802: How to Install 1.7 ROM on 4.1 device without flash tool?

Hi,

I've just bought a New UG802 that has Android 4.1.1 pre-installed. As I don't have a Windows PC nearby, is it possible to install the finless Bob /2dark4u 1.7 ROM from the SD card on it ? If not, is it at least possible to root this device?

Thanks in advance

No. The changes required to the ROM to repartion NAND require the flash to to erase NAND so it can repartion.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

What about the rooting?

I was unable to root stock 4.1.1 on UG802. The supeuser.apk is there, but I have no root access. Do you have any idea?

Comment

instructions for 4.1.1

Hi Finless/Everyone

I aldo just got a new dongle, new ones come with 4.1.1 from factory.

I tried rooting using moborobo, that did not work. SuperoneClick said it was rooted successfully and superuser was installed. I tried to run "su" on the terminal emulator but permission was denied. And rootchecker confirmed it wasnt rooted.

Right now im downloading the files for ROM 1.7 and will try to follow same instructions as for 4.0.

Does anyone know if this will work or would it brick my device?
        Can anyone confirm same instructions for 4.0 will work in 4.1.1 devices?

Finless do you have any info frmo other users?

I will very much appreciate any info anyone can provide.

Thanks!

Comment

Sv: UG802: How to Install 1.7 ROM on 4.1 device without flash tool?

Originally posted by joelmx View Post
          Hi Finless/Everyone

I aldo just got a new dongle, new ones come with 4.1.1 from factory.

I tried rooting using moborobo, that did not work. SuperoneClick said it was rooted successfully and superuser was installed. I tried to run "su" on the terminal emulator but permission was denied. And rootchecker confirmed it wasnt rooted.

Right now im downloading the files for ROM 1.7 and will try to follow same instructions as for 4.0.

Does anyone know if this will work or would it brick my device?
          Can anyone confirm same instructions for 4.0 will work in 4.1.1 devices?

Finless do you have any info frmo other users?

I will very much appreciate any info anyone can provide.

Thanks!
          Seems like there an issue with wifi on newly delivered UG802:

But it might be possible to solve with some help:
          Last edited by jlunse; 01-10-2013, 22:07.

Comment

Hi jlunse,

I understand and have read the thread you mentioned regarding the wifi issue.

But I cant understand from your answer if the device can or cannot be rooted at this point.

I saw somewhere that using a pre-rooted rom shoould work (like finless).

So naother way to phrase my question right now: Are there working instructions on how to root this device independently if the wireless will work or not?

Comment

Originally posted by joelmx View Post
              Are there working instructions on how to root this device independently if the wireless will work or not?
              The two ways I know of to get root access:
              1. Moborobo tool where UG802 is installed with stock ROM (Seems to be a problem on newer versions of UG802, as described by you.)
              2. Flash an already rooted ROM like Fineless/2Dark4 ROM 1.7 (Seems to be a problem with wifi on newer versions of UG802...but it's being discussed in another thread and hopefully solved.)
              Both ways worked fine on my older versions of UG802 (Rooted with Moborobo in October, last year and later on flashed with above ROM, a few weeks ago.).

Sorry, I don't know of any other way to root it.

//Johan

Comment

Working...
              X