MORE warnings about UG802 CLONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MORE warnings about UG802 CLONE!

OK guys, a freaktab member sent me the CLONE ug802 as it was bricked and he wanted to see if I could fix it. He thought it was a real one but now that I have it, it is not. It is the clone!

Now I do not know if the unit is bad but I cannot flash it from MASK ROM mode! It will not erase NAND and now that it is in MASK ROM mode will also not flash the ROM.

I do not know if this is by "design" or just a failed unit.

BUT WARNING TO YOU ALL!

This device is CHEAP CRAP! It does not even have USB data line pull up resistors on the board which might explain the recent problems with people NOT being able to flash ROMs or erase NAND.

I am seeing a TON of posts recently about this issue and I bet this is because many are getting this clone. Either they changed the hardware to restrict NAND MASK ROM MODE erasing or the unit is just too damn CHEAP and the USB port is working like crap and has many problems communicating with flash tools.

So be warned all... MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR BUYING!

This is the first device EVER I have not been able to recover from a brick!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Re: MORE warnings about UG802 CLONE!

Any idea whose selling these clones? Sellers to stay away from?

Arnova 10bG3
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Re: MORE warnings about UG802 CLONE!

The reason I ask is because I ordered a UG802 from Amazon...but I have no way of knowing if it is a clone yet.

(I ordered it before you PMd me)

Arnova 10bG3
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

funny thing that chinese copy-cats are getting trouble with even cheaper chinese copies...

sorry for the guys that cant be sure where to order a reliable device.

Comment

My experience and solutions

I couldn't get Finless' included Flash Tool to switch into flashmode once everything was correctly set up on the UG802. I started the RK Batch Tool out of curiosity and it responded to the "switch" command.

At one point I thought I bricked mine (I was playing around and didn't mind the risk- fully my fault). I went to short the solder pads and that is when I noticed this was a different version of the UG802. I tried using the button which I assumed was for putting the device into flashmode. It did nothing and ultimately fell off the PCB. I assumed it was a pulldown switch and just shorted what I thought was the output terminal to ground (external metal on USB power adapter) went right into flash mode.

I actually have some free time. If you guys gave me the kernel source you use (or your config file and patch) I could use the tutorials and see what I can come up with for the wifi.

Comment

Woow, these UG802 clones makes it complicated.

Before ordering and as a minimum, one idea might be to ask if "pull up resistors" or similar exist on the board.

Or, can you think of anything else before ordering a UG802?

Comment

I think the best way to tell right now is.... If it has a reset button it is the clone!

I have not heard of a "real" ug802 with a reset button. Correct me if I am wrong.

Bob

Comment

not all clone are same. i have a clone... but on it work All!... Finless rom is ok, mk802III firmware is ok, recovery is ok and mode for unbriking is ok, no reset button.
                when you buy somethings by china... you know always what you order... but you never know what you will have... :-(

Comment

Originally posted by angelobiz View Post
                  not all clone are same. i have a clone... but on it work All!... Finless rom is ok, mk802III firmware is ok, recovery is ok and mode for unbriking is ok, no reset button.
                  when you buy somethings by china... you know always what you order... but you never know what you will have... :-(
                  Why do you think it is a clone?

Bob

Comment

Damn, ordered a second unit from DX now - for my wife, so she can watch her series in the kitchen
                    Would be a pitty if DealExtreme is sending out the clones ...
                    Would be really useful to have a list of known clone-dealers and maybe the affected SKUs.

Comment

I don't think they are clones.

Guys,

The word clone is misleading. I honestly think this is just the next revision. They considered it minor enough to not rename the device. Companies often tinker with their PCB (printed circuit board) design. and switch components out for cheaper one/easier to acquire. It is most likely that all UG802s produced since November (based on the date printed on the PCB) are like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Why do you think it is a clone?

Bob
                        Because it ha a different box, it has rikomsgic icons, on stick there is write android 4.0 instead inside it has 4.1
                        Attached Files

Comment

But...

Because it ha a different box, it has rikomsgic icons, on stick there is write android 4.0 instead inside it has 4.1
                          Mine, which is a "clone" came with 4.0.4 and had the usual black box.

Comment

I do not think this is a clone. This is exactly how mine came back in October! My box and label is the same as yours. The original units did not come with Android 4.1. They came with 4.0. Later Ugoos released a 4.1 version.

Bob

Comment

Difference

Although it is Japanese, the difference among two kinds of UG802 is introduced with the photograph by my blog.

スティック型アンドロイド端末の「UG802」は私が確認しているものとしては、2種類存在しています。 その2種類の違いはものを見ただけではわかりません。。。 が、私の場合は外箱に「android4.0」と「android4.1」と違っていました。 「android4.0」となっている方が初めに購入したもので、「android4.1」となっている方が後から購入したものです。 また、中の基板も最初に購入したものと後から購入したものとでは違っています。 最初に購入した方は写真をとっていなかったため、手元にないのですが、斜め上の日常さんのブログにある写真と同じものでしたが、後から購入したも..

The substrate of a photograph is clone UG802.
                              The small button sticks.

Comment

Working...
                              X