No announcement yet.

ANOTHER CLONE! UG802_9 or UG80x? Stock ROM now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sorry, I meant 2.5gb free for use. The other 1.5 is used by system.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

In my model I remember it was 504 Mb "Internal memory" and 2,09 Gb "Nand Flash". Theoretically it was also 4 Gb (the 1,5 Gb aprox. of the SO, as said)

EDIT: these were the values displayed by Quick System Info Pro app (in my model, I'm taking for granted it's the same), maybe it helps

SD card storage: 2,09 GB

A2SD storage: Disabled

Internal storage: 504 MB

System storage: 511 MB

System cache: 126 MB

Comment

I will flash that other ROM and see whats up with that too....

Right now I have some permission issues from the ROM DUMP made by CWM. I will fix that.

Just more work to do.

Bob

Comment

FYI since everyone thinks this is some kind of UG802 clone, I am moving this thread into the Ugoos sub forum.

also boot logo says R-BOX so this leads me to believe it is some kind of Ugoos device.

Bob

Comment

Well I have followed http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo....php?f=12&t=13, and now I'm in step 6.

Now, instead of performing step 6 as it is described, I should download and flash Finless 1.7 ("replacing at flash time the original recovery to the recovery located inside this rar: http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/.../MK809_CWM.zip" as e3scudo said). And this is done executing file "ROM Flash Tool.exe" that comes with Finless 1.7, with the stick still connected to the computer, right?

Well, it is not working, it displays "No Found RKAndroid rock usb". To point out that the stick is shown in the Device Manager (Class for rock USB devices -> RK30 device), but not in Windows Explorer (I mean, if it should appear as an external storage unit, it doesn't).

Stuck again. Any help?

EDIT: Or is it that I should perform step 6 as it is? But which is the update.img that I should use?

Comment

Originally posted by aitser View Post
              Well I have followed http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo....php?f=12&t=13, and now I'm in step 6.

Now, instead of performing step 6 as it is described, I should download and flash Finless 1.7 ("replacing at flash time the original recovery to the recovery located inside this rar: http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/.../MK809_CWM.zip" as e3scudo said). And this is done executing file "ROM Flash Tool.exe" that comes with Finless 1.7, with the stick still connected to the computer, right?

Well, it is not working, it displays "No Found RKAndroid rock usb". To point out that the stick is shown in the Device Manager (Class for rock USB devices -> RK30 device), but not in Windows Explorer (I mean, if it should appear as an external storage unit, it doesn't).

Stuck again. Any help?
              do you have a blue box in rkbatch tool?

Comment

Originally posted by aitser View Post

Stuck again. Any help?

EDIT: Or is it that I should perform step 6 as it is? But which is the update.img that I should use?
                Wait please... I am working on a ROM that will not make you have to jump through hoops!

Bob

Comment

DAMN!

OK I cant seem to make a stock ROM from this dump. No matter what I do, I keep getting this on boot:

com.android.core has stopped unexpectedly!

So it appears a CWM dump is not totally usable to make a IMG from. I have not figured out why either but I am gussing this ROM is not totally stock. e.g. the user installed some stuff and /data is expected on a restore.

But I have not given up yet... I will use CWM to resotre the dump fully, then use linux and DD to dump it myself.

Still working on it guys.... But it is not going that easy!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Wait please... I am working on a ROM that will not make you have to jump through hoops!

Bob
                    Of course Don't worry. In the meantime I'll answer to somedood or someone else, please don't pay attention to my posts until you haven't finished

Originally posted by somedood View Post
                    do you have a blue box in rkbatch tool?
                    Er ... what do you mean with "blue box"?

This is how it is shown: http://i48.tinypic.com/141639u.png

Comment

OK I cant seem to make a stock ROM from this dump. No matter what I do, I keep getting this on boot:

So it appears a CWM dump is not totally usable to make a IMG from. I have not figured out why either but I am gussing this ROM is not totally stock. e.g. the user installed some stuff and /data is expected on a restore.

But I have not given up yet... I will use CWM to resotre the dump fully, then use linux and DD to dump it myself.

Bob
                      Yes, I thing that has settings changed and flash installed, for example. If doing a factory reset could help, I could do tomorrow. But I don't know how to dump it exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by e3skudo View Post
                        Yes, I thing that has settings changed and flash installed, for example. If doing a factory reset could help, I could do tomorrow. But I don't know how to dump it exactly.
                        It came with Flash installed for sure, I mean you checked the apps expecting it to be empty and there it was Flash. It surprised me

Comment

OK some more info for you guys.

The stock ROM I downloaded from post #2
                          Downloaded here:

This is very old. It has kernel date of Sept 3rd, 2012. #26 kernel.
                          System is also from Sept 3, 2012.
                          This is also a ICS system not a JellyBean system!

OK the ROM dump posted here in post #28
                          downloaded here:
                          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

This is kernel #412 and is a JellyBean ROM.

Problem is I cannot seem to make a good ROM from this dump... So there is more work to do

Bob

Comment

Well, just to finish for today: Just to say that I've connected the stick to the TV and now it is displayed the Android robot knocked down with the red triangle coming out from the belly. I've never been so glad to get this, at least it's not the screen that I think it would be the last ome I'd watch with this stick

Thank you. I'll come back tomorrow

Comment

Bob
                              If it is easier to use an img file try the zippyshare one. Might save you some trouble if this CWM dump is not cooperating. The wifi and usb did work on the zippyshare one it was just a crap rom, I still have it installed and wifi has not given me one problem.

Comment

Finless, If there is anything I can do to help I have some time tonight, just let me know. I can try a factory reset on that dump if it would help maybe...

Comment

Working...
                                X