Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i install finless on this device that looks like UG802?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i install finless on this device that looks like UG802?

Hello there this is my first post on this forums

Yesterday i bought this. It is from slovak company called OPENSAT
    and it looks like ug802. I already rooted it, and i took it apart and take photos
    of the motherboard. What i was surprised, it have 1080p support
    It cost 104€ that is about 120$. It comes with mouse, power supply and
    hdmi expansion. It have 8188 wifi chip and i cut the hole for antena.

Photos:

You should be able to flash any ROM made for a device with the same wifi chip.
    -UG802: Realtek RTL8188EUS
    -Minix Neo G4: Realtek RTL8188EUS
    -Rikomagic MK802 III: Realtek RTL8188EUS

As seen in this post

btw that 1080p might not be real. The OS and all apps are probably running at 720p but the output is upscaled to 1080p.
    - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
    - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
    - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

thank you

Originally posted by Abducted View Post
      You should be able to flash any ROM made for a device with the same wifi chip.
      -UG802: Realtek RTL8188EUS
      -Minix Neo G4: Realtek RTL8188EUS
      -Rikomagic MK802 III: Realtek RTL8188EUS

As seen in this post

btw that 1080p might not be real. The OS and all apps are probably running at 720p but the output is upscaled to 1080p.
      thank you very much do you think cwm recovery will work?

Comment

Originally posted by riko4628 View Post
        thank you very much do you think cwm recovery will work?
        Yes it will, just replace the recovery.img with the CMW recovery.img.

Come to think of it, i think i simply installed CWM recovery just by zipping it and naming it update.zip and putting it on an SD-card. But i suggest you do a quick search about that to be sure.
        - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
        - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.

Comment

Fw

thank you again

Neomode said he will make custom rom for it. That will be nice because lot of people in slovakia have this device Thank you neomode again !

Comment

Originally posted by riko4628 View Post
            thank you again

Neomode said he will make custom rom for it. That will be nice because lot of people in slovakia have this device Thank you neomode again !
            Welcome here pal
            If the rom you flash works for you, we'll be really grateful if you can report it in the Rom thread with as much details as you can about your device, so that the dev can put it on the main page.

I can't believe how much clones are coming out these days. And it is really a good thing that many roms can work on many devices. But, hell, it is really hard to track, and many people brick their device by flashing a rom for a device which looks the same but has different hardware.

Comment

Are we even sure this is a clone? Isn't it just a re-boxed UG802 with some added hardware? By looking at the price he paid for it there's no reason why it couldn't be.

Comment

ROM

Right now im trying to flash Finless rom

Update:
                So, i flashed the finless for ug802 and the wifi is not working
                i will try the Neo-G4 finless version
                Update 2:
                My brother´s computer is dead so i will try it tomorrow
                Last edited by riko4628; 04-16-2013, 15:42. Reason: update

Comment

Sometimes it takes a (couple of) full power offs (not just reboot, but unplug USB(power)) to get WIFI working.

If the UG802 ROM doesn't get your WIFI working i dont think the NEO G4 will since they should be using the same WIFI chip.
                  You didn't open up your stick did you? Maybe if we can be sure what it says on the chip or maybe the other side of the stick...

Comment

You didn't open up your stick did you? Maybe if we can be sure what it says on the chip or maybe the other side of the stick...
                    Here is the photo of WiFi chip. This photo is Zoom-eable so you can view more info about that chip

Edit:
                    As you can see this is the photo of disassembled Neo G4

I think the rom will work

Comment

Hello now i flashed the Neo G4 rom and it wont boot. So i flash back my Stock FW
                      What does the Clear Flash means?

Comment

Oke so it's definatly an UG802. (Or at least a realtek 8188EUS device).

So the UG802 ROMs should work (with WIFI). I assume the NEO G4 and the MK802 III ROMS will works too, however on my UG007 the i haven't been able to get the MK808B Clone v1 and v2 ROMs working while those too use the same WIFI chip. And even weirder its not like i dont have WIFI, but the device doesn't boot at all when i tried such a ROM.

But there are good UG802 ROMS available and even a couple of overclock kernels (REQUIRE A HEATSINK) and a new kernel+ROM comming soon.

Comment

Oke so it's definatly an UG802. (Or at least a realtek 8188EUS device).
                          But when i use UG802 ROM (Finless) i cant turn on wifi! I tried evrything!

Photo of at /system/lib/modules

Comment

The driver for your onboard WIFI chip should be build in the kernel. So you wont see it the modules folder.
                            I dont know why it's not working for you. Maybe somebody with more experience can shine some light on that.

You can always add a driver for the 8188EUS to the modules folder and have it run at boot by using init.d
                            Might be a good idea to at least give it a try to see if that works. But like i said, the 8188EUS should be supported by that kernel.
                            Which ROM did you use? 1.7 or 1.8?

EDIT: OW wait, the 8188EU.ko is in the modules folder. I think that's the driver for it. Weird...

In that case you could do a quick test. Make a text file and inside put
                            #!/system/bin/sh

insmod /system/lib/modules/8188EU.ko
                            (I think there has to be another blank line under the insmod line. No idea why. When i made the file under windows like that it didn't stick, so i edited the file under android to add the extra line)

Rename it to 8188EU.sh. Put it in your init.d folder (/etc/init.d/). Run the script and then enable WIFI and see if it works.
                            To have the script work at startup i had to remove the .sh from the filename.
                            Last edited by Abducted; 04-20-2013, 21:42.

Comment

Working...
                            X