X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New UG802 NEOMODE CUSTOM ROM ANDROID 4.2.2 VERSION 1.0

Hello Guys,

Here is my Custom Rom for the UG802.
    This Custom Rom is based on Android 4.2.2.
    I have use the Kernel from the RK 802III, the System.img is modded by my self
    to Work on the UG802.

What is Work ?

Allmost Everything, what not Work you tell me Please.

What is included ?

- This CRom is Rooted
    - Ultra Explorer (File Manager with Backup Function and Ram Manager)
    - eMedia Home
    - Init.d Support
    - Xposed Framework from XDA Dev. for Netflix Patch
    - RKGame Controller Settings
    - Wifi Display
    - Added External SDCard Speed Up

Removed all Bloathware and unused Software.

Regard

Neomode

Originally posted by neomode View Post
    Hello Guys,

to Work on the UG802.

What is Work ?

What is included ?

- This CRom is Rooted
    - eMedia Home
    - Init.d Support
    - Wifi Display

Regard

Neomode
    Cool, going to test this one I am not familiar with the RK 802 III can you tell us is the kernel is 720p or 1080p ? overclocked? or is it a stock kernel ?

Comment

Hello Guys,

to Work on the UG802.

What is Work ?

What is included ?

- This CRom is Rooted
      - eMedia Home
      - Init.d Support
      - Wifi Display

Regard

Neomode
      Thank You!

Comment

I flashed this this morning and have been running it for a few hours now. It seems stable but my UG802 was running red hot. I have reverted back to Finless 1.8 for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_uk View Post
          I flashed this this morning and have been running it for a few hours now. It seems stable but my UG802 was running red hot. I have reverted back to Finless 1.8 for the time being.
          Rikomagic's new 4.2.2 kernel is running on 1416mhz instead of 1200mhz. So basically you're overclocking your UG802 without extra cooling. I've only tried it for about 15 mins on my MK802iii, it gets quite warm but not terribly hot. I assume it should be okay for my MK802iii since the 1416mhz overclock is also in the latest official rikomagic 4.2.2 firmware. This doesn't give any guarantees for the UG802 of course.

Maybe you can just install one of those CPU frequency tools and limit the top speed back to 1200mhz?
          Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

Comment

O.k guys, i will make a Update and Limit the CPU Clock to 1,2 Ghz.
            For me it runĀ“s fine without a Cooler.
            But every Device is a little different depend on Manufacturing of CPU.

Neomode

Comment

O.k guys, i will make a Update and Limit the CPU Clock to 1,2 Ghz.
              Will it still be possible to overclock it to 1416 using a cpu tool or will it be hard-limited to 1200 like the old stock firmware?
              Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
                Rikomagic's new 4.2.2 kernel is running on 1416mhz instead of 1200mhz. So basically you're overclocking your UG802 without extra cooling. I've only tried it for about 15 mins on my MK802iii, it gets quite warm but not terribly hot. I assume it should be okay for my MK802iii since the 1416mhz overclock is also in the latest official rikomagic 4.2.2 firmware. This doesn't give any guarantees for the UG802 of course.

Maybe you can just install one of those CPU frequency tools and limit the top speed back to 1200mhz?
                I've always used 2dark4u's 1600 kernel, underclocked to 1400 using Antutu, and never had any heat issues at all. My UG802 has got a heat-sink too.

Comment

For me it runĀ“s fine without a Cooler.
                  I tried the kernel a bit more and it doesn't seem to make my MK802III hot at all.

Video performance looks fine. I didn't notice any major hickups. I noticed some minor glitches but those might well be in the original video stream.

Overall the rom looks very nice, great work, thanks!!!

Comment

Rom seems to run fine, wifi is still so so. I guess it really is hardware related after all. I also tried my usb to ethernet but it didn't work but it didn't work with Finless 1.7 and 1.8 either.

Another thing, I don't seem to be able to stream with Plex, no sure if related to my wifi signal being really weak, anyone else experiencing that problem?

thanks for the great rom

edit: Reinstalled Finless 1.8 and Plex is working just fine from the same spot. I guess some buffering issues with this rom. Also Finless is way faster. I guess Android 4.2 requires a better device than our device. That's unfortunate because I way prefer 4.2 over ICS.... anyway great job Neomode
                    Last edited by Stoned99; 07-10-2013, 03:20.

Comment

D-link DUB-E100

I am curious if it supports d-link DUB-E100 ethernet adapter

Comment

Issue with users

Hi Neomode,
                        great work with the ROM thanks!

i have encountered a bug after flashing the ROM, adding users in the user setting restarts the system.

kudos for the effort you put in, thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
                          Video performance looks fine. I didn't notice any major hickups. I noticed some minor glitches but those might well be in the original video stream.
                          Disabling the HW+ decoder in MX player removed the glitches in video playback, using the HW decoder now.

Comment

Rikomagic vs. Neomode ROM

Hello Guys,

to Work on the UG802.

What is Work ?

What is included ?

- This CRom is Rooted
                            - eMedia Home
                            - Init.d Support
                            - Wifi Display

Regard

Neomode
                            So had a play with both the Rikomagic 4.2.2 ROM and this one. Here is my experience:

My Setup:
                            - Rikomagic MK802iii
                            - 2A power supply
                            - 1 Port USB Network with 3 Port USB HUB (long white device with 3 inline USB ports + Ethernet port on the end)
                            - Android Airmouse
                            - 3.5" USB disk drive
                            - Logitech C910 camera
                            - 720p screen

Rikomagic 4.2.2 ROM:
                            - Installed without a problem; No need to shorten pins as suggested in the download package. I upgraded from a Finless Bob 1.8 ROM and used the Petrus Reboot app to place the device in bootloader mode. Device was detected as I had installed the driver on my laptop in the past.
                            - Several Google Play apps I previously had could not be installed due to incompatibility; ITV player, Speedtest and a few others.
                            - Performance of BBC iPlayer not so good compared to 1.8. Tried on both Ethernet and Wifi. Chunks of video are dropped. Loose controls.
                            - HD performance of XBMC a bit jittery in places. MXplayer is better with occasional jitters. Tried 2 versions of XBMC; hardware accelerated nightly build from 19 Feb and latest 12.2 Frodo release.
                            - Skype was not willing to connect by voice or video. Call connects and then is instantly dropped

This Neomode ROM:
                            - Installed without a problem
                            - Took a while to recognise my Ethernet adapter and dropped my mouse/keyboard, but seems OK now
                            - Same apps can also not be installed on this ROM; must be an incompatibility of these apps with 4.2.2
                            - BBC iPlayer seems more stable, but whilst watching a programme, the MK rebooted and iPlayer stopped several times . Also sound is slightly out of sync with video. Maybe the buffering issues also raised in this thread.
                            - HD performance on MXplayer seems more stable. XBMC using Frodo 12.2 was not good. This Gotham 13.0 Alpha 1 hardware accelerated version (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...light=mali+400) worked very well on this ROM.
                            - Skype is now making a voice connection. Receiving video is OK, but my Logitech is not recognised. Was working fine with 1.8.

Conclusion:
                            - Some 4.2.2 software seems not yet ready for this latest version of Android (other apps need to be updated for 4.2.2, probably not a ROM issue)
                            - There may be a buffering issue? Will test on some other non-iPlayer sites.
                            - Logitech webcan driver missing or not working?
                            - Happy to test any further updates to this. Thanks!

For now, will stick with Neomode, and will post an update to this review as I learn more.

Comment

Device restart on using the users setting and using RKRemote application to control UG802

Hi Neomode,

I am facing device reboot on using the users setting and also when i use the RK remote to connect to the device. can you please help me out with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                              VroomBroom

Hello Guys,

to Work on the UG802.

What is Work ?

What is included ?

- This CRom is Rooted
                              - eMedia Home
                              - Init.d Support
                              - Wifi Display

Regard

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                              X