Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to picuntu system image

Hello Community!

For those whom this project still helps, I managed to get picuntu + internal wifi working with my UG802 clone (Vcom). Is far as I can see, all the original links to picuntu are dead, including its official webpage and freaktab's links. After many days of searching, I found some asian site that still held a copy of the complete filesystem image for 802 with working wifi module. I saved it and uploaded it to google drive, so here's my link if someone needs this.

The network config file had to be manually edited to this:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    auto wlan1
    iface wlan1 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid (your wifi ssid)
    wpa-psk (your wifi password)

It's kind of strange that it had to be wlan1. In finless android which was also working with internal wifi, has wlan0 in its config file.
    Now I just want to find a way to put picuntu on the nand istead of the microSD. Any ideas on how I can make it boot from there? Do I have to change something in the kernel file to boot from nand instead of microSD ?

Originally posted by innuendo1231 View Post
    Hello Community!

For those whom this project still helps, I managed to get picuntu + internal wifi working with my UG802 clone (Vcom). Is far as I can see, all the original links to picuntu are dead, including its official webpage and freaktab's links. After many days of searching, I found some asian site that still held a copy of the complete filesystem image for 802 with working wifi module. I saved it and uploaded it to google drive, so here's my link if someone needs this.

The network config file had to be manually edited to this:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    auto wlan1
    iface wlan1 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid (your wifi ssid)
    wpa-psk (your wifi password)

It's kind of strange that it had to be wlan1. In finless android which was also working with internal wifi, has wlan0 in its config file.
    Now I just want to find a way to put picuntu on the nand istead of the microSD. Any ideas on how I can make it boot from there? Do I have to change something in the kernel file to boot from nand instead of microSD ?
    Were you ever able to put picuntu on the internal nand?

Comment

Hi ,

i am sure it can be done by Terminal or ADB , but how , in the past i once installed

LE to internal on on old S905 , look here , maybe it helps :

#Armbian #InternalStorage #InstallFull steps can be found at https://i12bretro.github.io/tutorials/0434.htmlNOTE: This will overwrite the Android ROM on the ...

ask YT , several Videos to find ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
        Hi ,

i am sure it can be done by Terminal or ADB , but how , in the past i once installed

LE to internal on on old S905 , look here , maybe it helps :

#Armbian #InternalStorage #InstallFull steps can be found at https://i12bretro.github.io/tutorials/0434.htmlNOTE: This will overwrite the Android ROM on the ...

ask YT , several Videos to find ,

greetings / gefattern
        Thanks for the quick reply.

I am actually not an Android or Linux developer myself. Been stuck with installing Picuntu for several days. If Armbian can be installed it's a much better option. Since the ultimate objective is to configure these devices as headless NAS with OpenMediaVault.
        I am willing to compensate anyone who is willing to help out with this.

Comment

Working...
        X