X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - 1080P kernels for Finless KitKat 2.0 ROM

Hey all!

Today I figured out how to patch 3.0.36+ KitKat Kernels to 1080P!
    The code for these changed for 3.0.36+ JellyBean kernels.
    I have to tell you, to figure this out requires decompiling the kernels and finding the code.
    Not easy and full of PAIN

Special thanks to FreakTab developers darrellr and Wasser!
    They provided me kernels to decompile and compare thus finding the patch locations!
    I could have done it otherwise but it's a lot more work.
    So THANKS guys!!!!!

So you might ask.... Why patch stock kernels?
    Well... believe it or not, SOME people want stock because they know it came from the Manufacturer
    and was not "public" generated. I know that sounds silly but this is why I spend the time patching.

So in this download are:

1) A stock Tronsmart kernel patched to 1080P. Nothing else.
    Now understand why the stock Tronsmart kernel gets low Antutu scores!
    It is clocked to 1200 CPU only and DDR is also under clocked compared to JellyBean kernels.
    I don't know why they did that but this is why it's a BETA release from them,

2) A full set of Over Clocked kernels patched to 1080P.
    Again these are stock Tronsmart kernels patched to 1080P.
    Then they are OverClocked using Mr. Andersons patch-o-matic scripts.

I find for the CX-919 the kernel:
    kernel_1080oc_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr667.img
    Gives me the best trade off of heat (with no worry of frying your stick) and performance.
    This is true for the 720 kernels I already provided in my ROM.
    This gives me an Antutu score of 17000 for a 1080 kernel.
    A 720 kernel of this same OC gives 19000.

I think it is also safe to use:
    kernel_1080oc_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr720.img
    But depending on your stick you might have stability issues. Still no fear of frying your stick though.

It's when you go above 1608 and GPU over 400 do you start to worry about heat.
    Thus if you use these higher OC kernels please consider cooling and heat sinks.

Instructions:

There is NO NEED to erase NAND and reflash the entire ROM!
    Just use the flash tool from my KitKat ROM kit.
    One the kernel line click the far left empty box and point your file browser to the kernel you want.
    Flash that ONLY e.g. uncheck everything else in the flash tool except the kernel line.

Here is the download link for the kernels:

ROM -> 1080P KitKat Kernel Set for Finless KitKat ROM 2.0 (192 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

After dinner I'm going to burn some bits......
    I help with 4GD663269M466950W
    And you ????
    --
    My devices:
    Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
    Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Hey all!

Today I figured out how to patch 3.0.36+ KitKat Kernels to 1080P!
      The code for these changed for 3.0.36+ JellyBean kernels.
      I have to tell you, to figure this out requires decompiling the kernels and finding the code.
      Not easy and full of PAIN

Special thanks to FreakTab developers darrellr and Wasser!
      They provided me kernels to decompile and compare thus finding the patch locations!
      I could have done it otherwise but it's a lot more work.
      So THANKS guys!!!!!

So you might ask.... Why patch stock kernels?
      Well... believe it or not, SOME people want stock because they know it came from the Manufacturer
      and was not "public" generated. I know that sounds silly but this is why I spend the time patching.

So in this download are:

1) A stock Tronsmart kernel patched to 1080P. Nothing else.
      Now understand why the stock Tronsmart kernel gets low Antutu scores!
      It is clocked to 1200 CPU only and DDR is also under clocked compared to JellyBean kernels.
      I don't know why they did that but this is why it's a BETA release from them,

2) A full set of Over Clocked kernels patched to 1080P.
      Again these are stock Tronsmart kernels patched to 1080P.
      Then they are OverClocked using Mr. Andersons patch-o-matic scripts.

I find for the CX-919 the kernel:
      kernel_1080oc_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr667.img
      Gives me the best trade off of heat (with no worry of frying your stick) and performance.
      This is true for the 720 kernels I already provided in my ROM.
      This gives me an Antutu score of 17000 for a 1080 kernel.
      A 720 kernel of this same OC gives 19000.

I think it is also safe to use:
      kernel_1080oc_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr720.img
      But depending on your stick you might have stability issues. Still no fear of frying your stick though.

It's when you go above 1608 and GPU over 400 do you start to worry about heat.
      Thus if you use these higher OC kernels please consider cooling and heat sinks.

Instructions:

There is NO NEED to erase NAND and reflash the entire ROM!
      Just use the flash tool from my KitKat ROM kit.
      One the kernel line click the far left empty box and point your file browser to the kernel you want.
      Flash that ONLY e.g. uncheck everything else in the flash tool except the kernel line.

Enjoy,
      Bob
      cx919 test

Just flashed 1080 kernal for testing
      kernel 1080oc cpu1704h_gpu600h_ddr667
      antutu score 17147 witch means nothing to me lol but all seems to be working ok, had to edit the build prop to 240 as 160 makes my eyes hurt..
      Last edited by blinkone; 01-15-2014, 22:41.
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Sv: NEW - 1080P kernels for Finless KitKat 2.0 ROM

Is this the best alternativ for mk908II at this day? Finless?

Thanks

Skickat från min GT-I8730 via Tapatalk 2

Comment

original MK908?

Bob, I applied the vsync fix/overclocked the stock 1080 kernel from this tarball (kernel_1080_stock_vsfsam_cpu1800h_gpu600h_ddr667. img) using the rkpatchomatic tools and flashed it with the FinlessROM 2.0 on my original MK908 v1. The stick did not boot (the blue LED light did not come on). I was able to go back to Finless 1.7.

What did I do wrong ? Is this supposed to work on the original MK908 ? Should I try again (maybe the NAND erase did not work) ? Does WIFI work with this kernel ?

--
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kbgbef View Post
            Bob, I applied the vsync fix/overclocked the stock 1080 kernel from this tarball (kernel_1080_stock_vsfsam_cpu1800h_gpu600h_ddr667. img) using the rkpatchomatic tools and flashed it with the FinlessROM 2.0 on my original MK908 v1. The stick did not boot (the blue LED light did not come on). I was able to go back to Finless 1.7.

What did I do wrong ? Is this supposed to work on the original MK908 ? Should I try again (maybe the NAND erase did not work) ? Does WIFI work with this kernel ?

--
            Thanks.
            Did you you you try stock first before trying the overClocked kernel? Also vsf fix is no longer needed. Overclocking is voltage sensitive and limited.

Try to walk before running :-D
            Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
            Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
            Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
            Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
            CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
            Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
            RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

CX919

Hi I just wanted to add :

I've tried the 1080p kernels on my RK3188 android stick (I bought this from geekbuying model cx919).

The 720p kernals works like a charm, but when I tried the 1080p the gui seems to slow to a crawl (720p is perfectly fine).

Within xbmc (gotham nightly) the screen refreshes at 9 fps and I see the cpu at about 22-30 or so.

Is this something with my stick or are other people having this? (I've tried both stock and oc'd kernals).

Comment

Hey, Thanks for this amazing job.

the question everyone wants to know the answer: is it possible, or not, to flash your kernel with the kasty rooted 4.4.2 version found here and already installed in my device http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...from-20131225/ or with an another kitkat 4.4.2 distrib ?
                Regards
                Last edited by mikele; 01-26-2014, 23:22. Reason: the question everyone wants to know the answer

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
                  Hey, Thanks for this amazing job.

the question everyone wants to know the answer: is it possible, or not, to flash your kernel with the kasty rooted 4.4.2 version found here and already installed in my device http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...from-20131225/ or with an another kitkat 4.4.2 distrib ?
                  Regards
                  Dude.... no one cares!
                  If you want Kasty ROM then use it... If you want to try my kernels on his ROM then try it.

I am NOT going to test ROMs not made by me so you can have a "simple answer". There is just not enough time in the day to do so....

If you find the answer maybe share it so others know too... But don't ask me to flash the tons of ROMs out there and expect me to now what works with 1/2 assed work like kasty and my work that I spend a hell of a lot of time on testing!

SO NO... that is NOT the question of the day!

Sorry for being harsh but sheesh man... Get a CLUE!

Sorry.....

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Enjoy,
                    Bob
                    Dear Bob,

Could you please tell us if this kernel works on the MK908 V5 Sticks ?

As explained in :

I would like to upgrade my MK908 V5 stock from your V1.7a ROM to a 4.4 / 2.0 release.

You'll see in the link that I've also asked for some questions .. and that I've given a donation to you ;-)

My Best
                    Chris

Comment

Dude.... no one cares!
                      If you want Kasty ROM then use it... If you want to try my kernels on his ROM then try it.

I am NOT going to test ROMs not made by me so you can have a "simple answer". There is just not enough time in the day to do so....

If you find the answer maybe share it so others know too... But don't ask me to flash the tons of ROMs out there and expect me to now what works with 1/2 assed work like kasty and my work that I spend a hell of a lot of time on testing!

SO NO... that is NOT the question of the day!

Sorry for being harsh but sheesh man... Get a CLUE!

Sorry.....

Bob
                      Sorry to put you in some tantrum... I apologize. Frankly it was not my goal.

For you rom I want to try it but there is problem to go back to 4.2.2 in case of trouble because I do not have any loader from 4.2.2. Do you know if I can flash stock 4.2.2 with RKBatch on your finless ?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by jenrick View Post
                        Hi I just wanted to add :

I've tried the 1080p kernels on my RK3188 android stick (I bought this from geekbuying model cx919).

The 720p kernals works like a charm, but when I tried the 1080p the gui seems to slow to a crawl (720p is perfectly fine).

Within xbmc (gotham nightly) the screen refreshes at 9 fps and I see the cpu at about 22-30 or so.

Is this something with my stick or are other people having this? (I've tried both stock and oc'd kernals).
                        I have the same with mk908II. XBMC is extremely slow.

Comment

Bob, finally I tried your 1080p overclocked kernel only 1080oc_cpu1608h_gpu600h_ddr667 with my kasty rom mod and my CPU is still 1200 Mhz (CPU-Z) I don't know for ram and GPU.

I know that I have the RK3188-T (T = terrible... T mean CHEAP because blocked chip)

Like other people with different key (mine is GK525) my desktop is slowwwwww

Excepted that, all the rest is OK

So, it is possible to flash only your kernel (switched with RKbatchTool and Flashed with your tool)

Regards

PS: interested by any clue about CPU "T" blocked to 1200Mhz... there is a forum about that here : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-of-RK3188-CPU
                          Last edited by mikele; 01-28-2014, 01:02. Reason: forum about "T" model (not Ford lol)

Comment

Thanks for these new kernels, will try them momentarily!

1) Is there a patch tool that you can use on a stock kernel to turn it into one of these?
                            Maybe that would be cheaper (less bandwidth) to supply than all these kernels.

Then again, if bandwidth is no problem, disregard this information =)

2) Did anyone actually compile a kernel for CX919? Darrell (D33?) did for T428 I think, but did anyone actually succeed for any other device, i.e. CX919? If yes, could you please give me some .config love. Thanks!

So far I have been able to produce a perfectly black image.

Cheers,
                            /J

Comment

NEW - 1080P kernels for Finless KitKat 2.0 ROM

I made "J22" kernel which I understand is equal to CX-919 II. Config is extractable. I posted in sub forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                              X