Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CyanogenMod for RK3188 Devices

hello world,

has anybody on this board found a working version of cyanogenmod for the rk3188 chipset? i just found some beta versions for tablets...
    Last edited by LX+R; 01-16-2014, 20:01.

I think the nearest answer to your question is the lonely oma beta cm10.1 for chuwi v88, that's all.
    Source code non availabe from chinese manufacturers is the real responsible for that situation !

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
      I think the nearest answer to your question is the lonely oma beta cm10.1 for chuwi v88, that's all.
      Source code non availabe from chinese manufacturers is the real responsible for that situation !
      i heard about that problem with the source code. maybe we could start an online petition to persuade rockchip to release their source code. this seems to be the board with the most rk3188 users.
      Last edited by LX+R; 01-16-2014, 20:01.

Comment

Afaik, rockchip has,
        But no tablet manufacturers that has modified them is gpl compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
          hello world,

has anybody on this board found a working version of cyanogenmod for the rk3188 chipset? i just found some beta versions for tablets...

Comment

There has been a new approach regarding Cyanogenmod:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3188-devices/freakbox-project/23350-beta-unofficial-cyanogenmod-11-freakbox

Comment

nice info

Comment

nice info

Comment

I've got OmniRom (built from source) booting on an RK3188 tablet, but I haven't been able to get the wifi working. Everything else is working perfectly... I just can't seem to figure out how to configure the wifi driver. If I ever figure out the wifi, I will publish my work...

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

The Cyanogenmod development for RK3188 is pretty stuck. Currently there are 3 different approaches: 2 of them discontinued and the other one hasn't been updated in a while:

1. CM11 for Radx Rock by Jungle
                    2. CM11 for Freakbox by abdul_pt
                    3. CM11 for Minix X7 by Nitro Team

So I think it would be best if we combine our powers and work together on a functioning version of CM11 or CM12 for RK3188 devices.

Comment

Working...
                    X