Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Flickering Issues

Hello,

As I am new to this Mini Android PC - well, I'll call it "generation" - I'm not understanding why I am having very bad luck with these custom ROM flashing(s) on both models that I own - the Tronsmart CX-919 and Tronsmart MK908ii. I have flashed several variations of custom ROMs on both devices and, for some reason, I continuously get screen flickering. I know I have installed the appropriate ROM for the appropriate models. So, we can narrow out that as being a fault.

I have tried both Finless 1.5a for the MK908ii and Finless 1.7 and I believe it was either 1.3 or 1.4 for the CX-919, the HFW for the MK908ii and several others for both models that I own.

The only custom ROM that is working is the rescue ROM. Though, I cannot figure, for the life of me, why this is.

If anyone could help me in this matter, that would be much appreciated it. I, at least believe I am flashing these correctly - via, either the BatchTool or the appropriate FlashTool.

Is there something I could do to resolve this, such as installing a specific kernel, or such.

Someone, please leave me some feedback that will explain things better & help me achieve my goal.

Thank you in advance.

Update: I have noticed when I change the 'HDMI Mode' to 720p-60 I no longer have screen flickering. Is there a way I can make 1080p still work?

Update 2: I feel that something about the 1080p kernels are not working properly for me. Whether it's my TV, or something else. Not 100% sure. But doing some experimentation, at the moment.
    Last edited by KolyaIsAwesome; 01-17-2014, 04:07. Reason: Update

Originally posted by KolyaIsAwesome View Post
    Hello,

As I am new to this Mini Android PC - well, I'll call it "generation" - I'm not understanding why I am having very bad luck with these custom ROM flashing(s) on both models that I own - the Tronsmart CX-919 and Tronsmart MK908ii. I have flashed several variations of custom ROMs on both devices and, for some reason, I continuously get screen flickering. I know I have installed the appropriate ROM for the appropriate models. So, we can narrow out that as being a fault.

I have tried both Finless 1.5a for the MK908ii and Finless 1.7 and I believe it was either 1.3 or 1.4 for the CX-919, the HFW for the MK908ii and several others for both models that I own.

The only custom ROM that is working is the rescue ROM. Though, I cannot figure, for the life of me, why this is.

If anyone could help me in this matter, that would be much appreciated it. I, at least believe I am flashing these correctly - via, either the BatchTool or the appropriate FlashTool.

Is there something I could do to resolve this, such as installing a specific kernel, or such.

Someone, please leave me some feedback that will explain things better & help me achieve my goal.

Thank you in advance.

Update: I have noticed when I change the 'HDMI Mode' to 720p-60 I no longer have screen flickering. Is there a way I can make 1080p still work?

Update 2: I feel that something about the 1080p kernels are not working properly for me. Whether it's my TV, or something else. Not 100% sure. But doing some experimentation, at the moment.

Ive seen that flichering too. I never figrured out what it was from but I thought it was hardware related. It seems like it was certain devices mainly the MK808 for me. The only thing I can say is maybe try a different power connector like maybe a good one from a smartphone. Other than that Im curiouse too.

Good luck,
    Rivers

Comment

Originally posted by riversdirect View Post
      Ive seen that flichering too. I never figrured out what it was from but I thought it was hardware related. It seems like it was certain devices mainly the MK808 for me. The only thing I can say is maybe try a different power connector like maybe a good one from a smartphone. Other than that Im curiouse too.

Good luck,
      Rivers

I tried that... no luck, though.

I've tried nearly everything I could think of with all the Kernel/Boot options. But every one going into 1080p -- either 50hz or 60hz -- still implemented screen flickering. I have a similar issue with my CX-919, but the flickering with that one is 10x worse and more frequent with my MK908ii - I've tried Finless ROMs on that, as well, but to no avail. Screen flickering is a big issue with 1080p, for me at least.

If anyone was able to use 1080p and found a way to stop the flickering, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

Try this rom with this kernel:

(go to page1 for the rom)

That has fixed the flickering for me ... Too bad it is still BETA though, some bugs are present.

Originally posted by KolyaIsAwesome View Post
        I tried that... no luck, though.

I've tried nearly everything I could think of with all the Kernel/Boot options. But every one going into 1080p -- either 50hz or 60hz -- still implemented screen flickering. I have a similar issue with my CX-919, but the flickering with that one is 10x worse and more frequent with my MK908ii - I've tried Finless ROMs on that, as well, but to no avail. Screen flickering is a big issue with 1080p, for me at least.

If anyone was able to use 1080p and found a way to stop the flickering, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

MK908 II - Issue with screen flickering

I just bought my first android stick i.e mk908 ii. But when I connect it to my TV (LG) it boots fine but after a few seconds on home screen the HDMI output (both audio and video) shuts down for a couple of seconds and then it comes back automatically. It happens irregularly and upto 4-5 times a minute. I’ve replaced every cable and yet it keeps on flickering. Bought it from Geekbuing. Any idea, thoughts? I did try the stick with another TV (samsung) and its the same result with it as well. I also tried connecting power USD directly to a USB source (1A , 1.5A, 2A) and also via the power adapter that came with it. Again no change.

Comment

Working...
          X