Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is bad it's 2:2 by now... It would be better for developers if you write which device you have

Comment

Originally posted by fish7yu View Post
      Looking at the responses from GeekBuying, it is most likely that RK3188-T are chips which had failed the retina screen tests and 1.6GHz over-clocking tests during production, therefore it is being sold as a lower cost version of the RK3188 for the cost sensitive generic TV stick market.

RK3188-T is capped at lower frequency by the Kernel, therefore it will run at lower temperatures hence it would appear to be more stable.

It is just like the sub-performing Pentium CPUs being sold as Celeron CPUs by Intel, all silicon vendors does these kind of manuvers, a nice way of saying this is that the product offers a lower cost variant to differentiate the market, but the truth is that it is a marketing method to get rid of the sub-performing chips to reduces the yield losses during manufacturing.

All of which makes perfect sense but with the exception of doing this without notification is virtual suicide even for a company over there.
      If this was a niche market maybe they could get away with it but this market get bigger all the time and doing something like this seems insane.
      Last thing these people would want to do is piss off the buyers and loose so much cash.

Combined with the reported lately in this thread of stable stricks running at 1.8ghz and if feels more like we just got a newer cheaper to produce cpu that hasn't gotten proper rom support yet.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by driveX View Post
        This is bad it's 2:2 by now... It would be better for developers if you write which device you have
        I'm not so sure it is bad or not it is probably too early to tell for certain... even the standard RK3188 chip has had varying reports of success when overclocking.

If these cpu's are as is suspected... ones that failed at higher speeds at the factory so they are selling them at a lower clock speed because of that... then OC'ing them is taking a pretty big risk to start with ( more than for typical RK3188's at least ).

Comment

After a little testing i can say, all is ok with this ROM / Kernel Combi ...

But, i need a Reboot and a Standby Feature. No way to shut down or reboot at this Time.
          EDIT: And Wifi is on my S400 not realy the best with this ROM, slow download speed.

I have pre Rooted this Firmware, you can download >here<.

EDIT: I found this Version - http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...re-for-cx-919/
          When i tested i let you know. Filename says "T" and it runs out of the Box @ 1.81 GHz on the "T" CPU
          Last edited by TVDroid; 01-27-2014, 01:29.
          ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

I can confirm that the rom above also works on the Mk802IV trim cpu and it goes from 312 mhz to 1.81hgz.

Comment

Originally posted by TVDroid View Post
              EDIT: I found this Version - http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...re-for-cx-919/
              When i tested i let you know. Filename says "T" and it runs out of the Box @ 1.81 GHz on the "T" CPU
              I've just tested this rom on my cx-919 and the screen blinks every few seconds and flickers, same as with all other roms running at 1.6Ghz or higher. So, still no luck for me to find a working 1.6Ghz rom

Comment

OK guys...

So far EVERYONE I have worked with in the last 3 days that have screen flashing/flicker is using a ROM made for a 3188 on a 3188T!!!!!

I am pretty damn sure this flicker thing is in fact 100% related to users having a 3188T but with a box that says cx-919, or whatever and they had no clue they got a 3188T....

FYI, take a look at the Minix forum. Just in the last few days we have a few people complaining of flicker!
                I bet you $100 they have 3188T inside! Maybe not Minix fault and possibly a clone but mark my words on this... I have asked them to take it apart and look and I BET it's a 3188T!

People using a 3188 ROM on a 3188T is certainly the cause of the flicker! Well again, that is what I think and I could be wrong but so far... that's the case!
                I am almost willing to bet my $100 on it!

Now, if we could at least be sure on that, maybe there is something we Dev's can do about it!
                But we have to be 100% sure!

I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more about this....

Bob

Commentary:
                I feel sorry for resellers on this thing!
                I bet most of them kept ordering XYZ product with NO IDEA the manufacturer of that product switched to the 3188T!

Resellers don't know about this China "cost reduction shit" that manufacturers decide to do! Those manufacturer do not "rebrand, relable, or version SHIT!".... It happens all the time in China!!!!! A manufacturer changes design, changes a chip, etc to reduce cost AND DOES NOT FREAKING TELL ANYONE! They do not release a version Rev B or anything. They certainly do not tell resellers who order the SAME THING "week after week" and all of a sudden get something different they did not expect! Trust me.... I live all this China change crap in my real job and other hobbies! It's a CONSTANT problem!
                The manufacturer thinks "this is transparent to the product" and thus they don't say anything.
                In fact it's NOT TRANSPARENT to the value chain that they thought it would be!
                But to be honest 100% I don't think they give a shit! It's about making profit and that's about it! They let the value chain deal with it! AND THAT is what I have been seeing for 5 years now dealing with China manufacturers on many fronts....

China's change control process is a JOKE! In the end they do not want to go through the cost of re-launching a product due to a manufacturing change or a chip change to reduce manufacturing costs! The communication channel on this SUCKS... Again folks... you need to trust me on this. It will NOT be the last time we see this shit happen!

I don't think RockChip is to blame here.... I bet they told the manufacturer of this "new cheaper chip" and that manufacturer WENT FOR IT.... Then as this funneled through the supply chain, ONLY NOW are we seeing the ramifications.

My 2 cents...

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by in1 View Post
                  I've just tested this rom on my cx-919 and the screen blinks every few seconds and flickers, same as with all other roms running at 1.6Ghz or higher. So, still no luck for me to find a working 1.6Ghz rom
                  Strange.

Works perfectly for me on the mk802IV although it doesn't comes rooted which i was forced to do myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                    Strange.

Works perfectly for me on the mk802IV although it doesn't comes rooted which i was forced to do myself.
                    I'm confused too. 1.6Ghz roms just don't want to work on my cx-919, always blinking and flickering. Now I have flashed neomode 1.9a with default kernel and it runs perfectly (at 1.416Ghz).

Comment

Originally posted by in1 View Post
                      I'm confused too. 1.6Ghz roms just don't want to work on my cx-919, always blinking and flickering. Now I have flashed neomode 1.9a with default kernel and it runs perfectly (at 1.416Ghz).
                      And I have been saying ALL ALONG that this is the flicker issue... if you have a T you cannot run a ROM (actually the kernel.img) made for a CPU that can run at 1.6

I am willing to bet on it...

Your one of the first to confirm that. Thank you!

Now what would be interesting is that you flash a 1.6mhz kernel and use Antutu set CPU APP to lower the clock to 1.4 and see if you get no flicker! Set Antutu set CPU to turn on at BOOT, set it to 1.4 and reboot. Open Antutu set CPU after reboot to check.

It would help to test that since you have confirmed this 1.4mhz kernel thing.

It has already been proven you can flash one of my ROMs made for 1.6 but use a 1.4mz kernel.img and the flicker is gone (wifi may not work depending on the ROM)... What I want to know is by lowering clock, can you run a 1.6 kernel?

If this all checks out.... I can make kernels set to a max of 1.4 and solve this freakin flashing issue!

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

This would be where i throw a monkey wrench into that bob unfortunately.

I run the http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...re-for-cx-919/ on my MK802IV that has a t cpu and had no flickering or any other issues.

Comment

@ Finless

I dont know you read my postings ?
                          I got 2x Cozyswan S400 both have the 3188T and all the Chips are the same, one Stick is flickering, the other runs great with any ROM, never i got a flickering on the Stick.
                          I think this is no generall T Problem. Many T´s got the flickering Problem, thats right, but not all.

@ All

Anybody have a CX 919 ROM with working Shutdown & Screenshot Button ?

Thanks !
                          ... TVDroid

Comment

Re: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

It is nog about you nog having issues, it is abput resolving the issues of those that have them.

I have flicker and reboot issues on my cs968 with techs paters ROM. Using setcpu tot force it tot 1.4 helps a lot. It stille nog stable. But a lot more then when i don't limit the cpu

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I run now Finless 1.6b CX 919 with SAM 1080p Kernel - CPU @ 1.8GHz, RAM @ 1.2GHz.
                              Antutu over 19000 and i can shutdown my Stick. Until Neo made his new Baby, i think this is the best ROM for me.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by TVDroid; 01-27-2014, 11:06.
                              ... TVDroid

Comment

My supplier from China tells me that there is NO MORE ANDROID STICKS WITH RK3188 BEING MADE! All 3188-Android Sticks that is manufactured from now on will have the 3188T-chip. The 3188 without T will be used for laptops and tablets only.

So that's what we have to live with.

Comment

Working...
                                X