This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo, we are with you!
    If you think, we can write a petition. We can boycott the purchases.
    I'm lucky, because I planned to buy a new device, but I can wait.

Comment

I can confirm my Tronsmart CX-919 ver 2.0 dated 4/28/2013 is 3188 T which explains all the problems with overclocking this stick. Out of the box the stock rom did run at 1.6ghz. It was purchased from Geekbuying.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
        For me it is like you buy a Car and later they told you it has only 100 Horse Power instead of 140.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2
        Exactly what I think too, thank you.
        It is advertised everywhere with 1.8 GHz and 1.4 GHz are only in it.
        Sad and ridiculous at the same time...
        ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

shocked at peoples reaction

I am shocked at the reaction of people, so many reads and so little comments?

I understand some are silent through commercial constraints and having to stay "on side" but people that have been sold a "FAKE" and have been told that the issues many have are probably due to being lied to!!

I have found all receipts for my boxes and am looking to get full refunds from the sellers, all sellers are HK based and I purchased through Amazon, so they will be forced to refund and probably leave the box...

The advert clearly states in my purchase 1.8ghz rk3118, but the chip is a rk3118-t, FRAUD!!

If you purchased the best car you could get in the range and then found that they had put the basic engine in after you had spent lots of time trying to tune the engine, what would you do?
          Drive it through the showroom window... as the sales people have been laughing at you!

Just think of all at Rockchip, MINIX and other supplers, realising they have been making an extra few $ per unit by miss selling and keeping it quite, they would read here and realise that over clocked roms, made by people with real chips were causing so much headace, and still have done nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Phycopat View Post
            Anyway, does anyone know if Minix Neo X7 does ship with that Terrible processor ?
            MINIX have confirmed they are using only genuine RK3188 processors.

NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by stubuchy View Post
              I am shocked at the reaction of people, so many reads and so little comments?

I understand some are silent through commercial constraints and having to stay "on side" but people that have been sold a "FAKE" and have been told that the issues many have are probably due to being lied to!!

I have found all receipts for my boxes and am looking to get full refunds from the sellers, all sellers are HK based and I purchased through Amazon, so they will be forced to refund and probably leave the box...

The advert clearly states in my purchase 1.8ghz rk3118, but the chip is a rk3118-t, FRAUD!!

If you purchased the best car you could get in the range and then found that they had put the basic engine in after you had spent lots of time trying to tune the engine, what would you do?
              Drive it through the showroom window... as the sales people have been laughing at you!

Just think of all at Rockchip, MINIX and other supplers, realising they have been making an extra few $ per unit by miss selling and keeping it quite, they would read here and realise that over clocked roms, made by people with real chips were causing so much headace, and still have done nothing!

Have just been talking alittle with with MINIX ( admin on forum and a reseller in EU, adds from this site ( usellisell.com) mail from them says that CPU is RK3188 ) and they seems to be using the "RK3188" non T version, so i did just order 1 from them.. Update will follow on this! device is: MINIX Neo X7
              Fingers crossed! Update will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by Phycopat View Post
                Have just been talking alittle with with MINIX ( admin on forum and a reseller in EU, adds from this site ( usellisell.com) mail from them says that CPU is RK3188 ) and they seems to be using the "RK3188" non T version, so i did just order 1 from them.. Update will follow on this! device is: MINIX Neo X7
                Fingers crossed! Update will follow!

That is great news for them as if true will surely create them as the premium brand! will be ordering more if this is true!!

Comment

I can Confirm that the Minix NEO X7 Mini is using a RK3188 CPU.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                    Nobody make Panic at all.
                    The only thing is you did not know it when you get a RK3188 T.
                    And a Normal RK3188 runs with 1.6 GHz. For me it is like you buy a Car and later they told you it has only 100 Horse Power instead of 140.

Neomode

You now say you bought a car and notice is it a bicycle. The rk3188t is not that bad as you try to make it. And the fact, that no one really noticed it for 3 months proves that. You shoud all calm down a bit here and stop scare people.

Comment

This is what I bought... http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                      I bought it specifically because of the advertised speed of 1.8Ghz. With every kernel I get 1.2-1.42Ghz. Since it won't do 1.8Ghz it is false advertising. I have an issue with the way the rom is advertised too, I thought I was getting 8 GB of user storage, in fact I get 2 GB of usable storage.
                      Pics of the unit opened up, is there a software to read the cpu type? I can't see the numbers on mine because the heat sink is covering it.
                      I soldered in an antenna from and old scrapped laptop to replace the internal antenna. I stick it to the top of the TV. That's what is at the bottom of the pic.
                      Last edited by imaddiced2u; 01-18-2014, 14:48.
                      HK1 Pro Plus
                      FlowFon F1
                      H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                      MXQ Pro+
                      R-TVBOX Mini+
                      MK809III

Comment

AW: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

I don't want to say RK3188 T is a bad CPU. What I mean you go on A Website buy a TV Stick with RK3188 and the saying max. 1.8 GHz. Then you get it and you can run max. 1.4 GHz with Stock Rom. What would you say?

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by Yusi View Post
                          You now say you bought a car and notice is it a bicycle. The rk3188t is not that bad as you try to make it. And the fact, that no one really noticed it for 3 months proves that. You shoud all calm down a bit here and stop scare people.
                          WHAT!!! If I brought a car and realised that it was a bike I would throw it back through the sellers window.... I can only think you are a seller to have a comment like that,
                          No one noticed.... what about all the people with poor benchmark scores, spending hours trying to fix it and wasting their time, no one noticed that they were wrong in their assumptions, which was that they had purchased what was advertised!

Comment

Don't you feel yourself scammed, if you bought something and after that you could't use it than others? Yes, you are right, it works, but not as sellers promised. And if tomorrow anything goes wrong with your device, would't you mind it?

Comment

You shoud all calm down a bit here and stop scare people.
                              No we dont need to come down.
                              And the only Person with Scare is you, you are a Seller ?
                              This Story is not fair and this is a Fakt.
                              ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

How to tell if it is T

I have the EU Plug CX-919 ordered from GeekBuying. Checking it using CPUz, it seems that the measured CPU speed ranges from 1.2 to 1.6. That agrees with the installed Kernel settings. I assumed that CPUz is correct but I'm not sure how it determines the current clock speed. Does someone know of a way to check it for the "T" version in software? The CPU has a heatsink glued on it so it would be difficult to check by reading the face of the chip.

I was considering a 1.8 OC Kernel but I wouldn't bother if it is the "T"

The EU Plug looks very much like the Tronsmart CX-919 from the outside.

I'm getting AnTuTu score of 17912 which seems pretty good.

Thanks...Brad

Comment

Working...
                                X