X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

I think you have no T Model.
    The most T Models only Clock with max 1.4 GHz with Stock Rom.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

"T" or not, i love it ...

... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

CPU - GPU speed aside, why is the video playback of the RK3188 so choppy?

I have a HiMedia HD600a (RealTek 1185) - Single core 500Mhz w 512ddr2 Ram. With the exception of some very minor issues with 23.976fps, the video quality is stellar. BD, DVD, h.264, flv, wmv, all good.

In terms of hardware, the Mali400 Quad @ 1.4 Ghz w 2GB of Ram is a beast compared to RTD1185 Single 500 Mhz w 512ddr2 Ram.

XBMC is awesome, but how can you enjoy it with extremely choppy video?

Comment

I don't have stock ROM

Originally posted by neomode View Post
          I think you have no T Model.
          The most T Models only Clock with max 1.4 GHz with Stock Rom.

Neomode

I'm using Finless 1.6b ROM. I'm not sure what effect that has. It seems to me after reading this thread that the CPU is internaly locked to not go above 1.4. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by BP-isMe View Post
            I'm using Finless 1.6b ROM. I'm not sure what effect that has. It seems to me after reading this thread that the CPU is internaly locked to not go above 1.4. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.

Brad
            The only exact way to determine model (T or not) is visually examination.
            Anyway, why we not write a petition for sellers have to change the advertisements? And why is everyone so quiet?

Comment

Originally posted by rebel View Post
              The only exact way to determine model (T or not) is visually examination.
              Anyway, why we not write a petition for sellers have to change the advertisements? And why is everyone so quiet?
              What you can petition
              my producer clearly written on what frequency works prcesor 1.4Ghz (s400,cs968,CS918,mk908,Z1,Q7,Q9,MK809III,MK 908II,UG007B) buy from a pseudo vendors is the problem
              Devices which shall continue to processors Rk3188:
              Minix NEO X7
              Minix mini x7
              MK822 here I'm not sure,tomorrow confirmation
              CX919
              Last edited by darekmarta1975; 01-20-2014, 06:37.
              MY MINI PC: C4,CS918,M8,M8C

Comment

AW: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

Think the Problem is the most seller didn't know that. Only the real Manufactures. And I think they want to make one or two Dollars extra by using this CPU. First we must know wich are the real Manufactures.

Neomode

Comment

Manufacturer of whose I bought the device, said that the processor RK3188T is more stable.
                  That's why I wrote what are the devices on rk3188T and what to rk3188

Comment

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
                    Manufacturer of whose I bought the device, said that the processor RK3188T is more stable.
                    That's why I wrote what are the devices on rk3188T and what to rk3188
                    So why they use the rk3188 in tablets then, if its unstable?

In many ads the units which have -t's have advertising for 1.8ghz, my belief is that the sellers where led to believe, that these were 1.8 by the producers, probably not actually told that they were 1.8's but also not told they weren't, they would have seen the advertising and realise that their partners were putting themselves at risk but they did nothing,

Now maybe these sellers will be left with many 'T units when people realise they have been lied to, the sellers will have to either sell at a loss of try and send them back to the cheats in china!

I don't think a petition will help, they will be laughing at rockchip, the thing that will hurt them is as soon as there is another choice for a good android CPU then people will remember being cheated and even if the other variant costs a little more I think people will leave the rockchip fold.

I spend a few more quid last night and ordered myself an intel nuc £130, will be run on Openelec on a usb stick and I have some laptop ram so all sorted for £130... and no doubt performance will be off the scale, and I feel confident I am buying quality..... this is a direct result of feeling cheated with the units I have that are -T's.

Comment

Do not you have read the previous posts is written by starting on tablet rk3188 to mini pc rk3188T.
                      I wrote then manufacture a translation, I did not invent

Comment

Originally posted by stubuchy View Post
                        So why they use the rk3188 in tablets then, if its unstable?

In many ads the units which have -t's have advertising for 1.8ghz, my belief is that the sellers where led to believe, that these were 1.8 by the producers, probably not actually told that they were 1.8's but also not told they weren't, they would have seen the advertising and realise that their partners were putting themselves at risk but they did nothing,

Now maybe these sellers will be left with many 'T units when people realise they have been lied to, the sellers will have to either sell at a loss of try and send them back to the cheats in china!

I don't think a petition will help, they will be laughing at rockchip, the thing that will hurt them is as soon as there is another choice for a good android CPU then people will remember being cheated and even if the other variant costs a little more I think people will leave the rockchip fold.

I spend a few more quid last night and ordered myself an intel nuc £130, will be run on Openelec on a usb stick and I have some laptop ram so all sorted for £130... and no doubt performance will be off the scale, and I feel confident I am buying quality..... this is a direct result of feeling cheated with the units I have that are -T's.
                        I agree. We will not buy more Rockchip products, we will wait for new technologies. But if we don't do anything now, then other customers not be recognized something went wrong. And if there are no consequences for the manu****turers they will not be interested in what they can do in the future.

Comment

Rockchip not invented the assembly of mini pc RK3188T only mini PC manufacturers themselves.'s claim only and exclusively to the producer.
                          Little confused manufacturer of processors with the manufacturer mini pc

Comment

I agree. We will not buy more Rockchip products, we will wait for new technologies. But if we don't do anything now, then other customers not be recognized something went wrong. And if there are no consequences for the manu****turers they will not be interested in what they can do in the future.

heheeh "manu****turers", love it, will use that myself..

I get you, and agree with your sentiments, but think how much impact it will have to them, they will laugh at it, they probably don't know what a petition is, in essence its just a note to say we don't like the way they make money and we will just send you notes telling you this, they don't get anything but loss of business.... IMO that is

Rockchip not invented the assembly of mini pc RK3188T only mini PC manufacturers themselves.'s claim only and exclusively to the producer.
                            Little confused manufacturer of processors with the manufacturer mini pc
                            Yes you are right... the main culprits are the manu****turers of the box and not rockchip, BUT, dont you think they have a watch on what is used where and guide sellers...

Best way IMO is to send back the units to the suppliers, IF they have the advert advertising the rk118 and not rk118-T, who in turn will send back to the manu****turers, leaving all out of pocket, I would however only do this if I have used Amazon, **** or another reputable supplier as they will have to reimburse you or they will amazon sales or get kicked out!

Comment

when is geekbuying to correct the ads on their website if the processors arent what theyre advertising? I just bought another cx-919 and had no idea about this...

Note: canceled my order.
                              Last edited by Jimandroidpc; 01-20-2014, 01:26.

Comment

I think this argument is going wrong direction.
                                FIRST OF ALL, NEOMODE AND OTHERS WHO THINK THERE IS A SCAM ARE RIGHT.

We all know , half good PENTIUM PROCESSORS ARE NOT THROWING AWAY THEY BECOME CELERONS. ALSO WE KNOW PRICE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE TWO. AND ALL HAVE RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE BUYING.

WE NEED ANSWERS.

1. CAN WE OVERCLOCK 3188T, and if we can
                                2. HOW (What do we need, some special kernel or patch or what . kernels for standard 3188 are working bu only 1412ghz max
                                3. How is cpu limited on that speed with any kernel

4. Can something goes wrong with3188t CPU and for example neomodes kernel
                                5. Maybe some of 3188t cpus can goes up to 1.6 ghz with increasing cpu voltage or better cooling?
                                6. Some guys say that they have this CPU working on 1.6 again
                                7. How is that posible?

AT THE END WE NEED SOME REAL TRUTH ANSWERS FROM ROCKSHIP.
                                Last edited by ivanrandjelovic; 01-20-2014, 10:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X