Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the latest developments here is it now possible to overclock my MK908 CPU to 1.6 with stock Ram and stock GPU? Overclocking using Finless 1.8 doesn't work so I'm assuming I got the dodgy CPU

Thanks

Comment

@d33

I found the final KitKat software for my key here, Do you think it can work with your T kernel (KK_AP6210_RK3188T_1080_v01.02) modded with overclockomatic ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
        @d33

I found the final KitKat software for my key here, Do you think it can work with your T kernel (KK_AP6210_RK3188T_1080_v01.02) modded with overclockomatic ?

Thanks
        This thread
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
          This thread
          ok thanks

Comment

On A new note,,,, Noticed that all the T chipset boxes have dropped by half on most sites and think trend will be that T chipset boxes will be half price of normal ones as suppliers worried they going to be eatting the supply they have now with faster boxes coming into the market.

expect to see good deals on them soon lol.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I'm seeing good deals, problem is picking one that is stable/reliable as I buy orders of 10 at a time. I can't afford to get one and hate it (mk908ii was a joke with terrible visual distortions on 6/10 units tested)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

So the easiest way to find out wether you have a T-chip is: flash a d33 kernel and install a DMESG app, and search the log for d33info. There it will tell you wether you have a RK3188 or RK3188T. This was adviced by d33, and I can confirm it works.

For me it worked. First I installed a T-kernel. I had many screen-glitches, and my device became really hot. Then I looked in the DMESG log, and found out I had a non-T chip. After that I flashed a non-T kernel, my device works smoother and becomes less hot.

Before this I tried to remove the heatsink while heating with a hairdryer, but this is really hard, and risky. Even when I heated it, and used much force, I did not succeed. I stopped because I was afraid to break the board. The easier and safer way is the one mentioned above.

I bought my device 10/26/13 on geekbuying. They also confirmed it is a non-T. I will add it to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
                  I've tested your kernel with MBox(another cs968 clone) 720p stock rom, but no choice. It boots for a second, then it bootloops and boots again.

JDfense
                  I finally got round to doing this again - I've flashed a CS11 JB firmware (htc_t018_pubilic_ap6210_20140226) which uses a 2.08 BL and then flashed some test kernels.

I got a wierd result with the non-overclocked one at first because it's 1080 and the stock is 720 but it does boot fine. I then flashed the OC one and no boot! I've debugged and it is specifically the GPU overide (PLL -> GPL) that 'breaks'

Can you give these (download removed) a test? At the very least it is a way for people to test for a T kernel without opening! (My usual ID code is included)

OC = CPU/DDR/GPU unlocked
                  OC2 = CPU/DDR only

[EDIT]
                  Ah!! VMAC support was turned on which is PLL dependant

OC3 = CPU/DDR/GPU unlocked and boots!
                  Last edited by d33; 04-21-2014, 15:51.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Sounds good, but I'm on vacation for a week. After that I'm on it.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

For a full set of unlocked Jelly Bean kernels look here

Donate to Finless

Comment

Re: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

For a full set of unlocked Jelly Bean kernels look here
                        I don't have a rk3188 device on hand regularly anymore so I can't test but I'll overclockomatic these for everybody in a few hours.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                          I don't have a rk3188 device on hand regularly anymore so I can't test but I'll overclockomatic these for everybody in a few hours.

Use original version for JB

Donate to Finless

Comment

I finally got round to doing this again - I've flashed a CS11 JB firmware (htc_t018_pubilic_ap6210_20140226) which uses a 2.08 BL and then flashed some test kernels.

I got a wierd result with the non-overclocked one at first because it's 1080 and the stock is 720 but it does boot fine. I then flashed the OC one and no boot! I've debugged and it is specifically the GPU overide (PLL -> GPL) that 'breaks'

Can you give these a test? At the very least it is a way for people to test for a T kernel without opening! (My usual ID code is included)

OC = CPU/DDR/GPU unlocked
                            OC2 = CPU/DDR only

[EDIT]
                            Ah!! VMAC support was turned on which is PLL dependant

OC3 = CPU/DDR/GPU unlocked and boots!
                            My test results on TV01 (CS968) V3 with AP6210

kernel-jb-AP6210_OC - No signal on TV monitor
                            kernel-jb-AP6210_OC3 - No signal on TV monitor

kernel-jb-AP6210_OC2 - boots up ok, NO need to use the OTG tricks. That's good.
                            WiFi/BT - Does not work (strange! WiFi/BT works under KK4.4 and your V4 kernel)
                            Eth0 - MAC address assigned, but no IP address assigned when connected to Internet.
                            Sound over HDMI and SPDIF - both work well
                            Mic - sound recording works
                            IR remote - Works
                            External SD card - works

The power indicator on top of the TV box was "dim RED" [In constrast, stock rom = solid blue, KK4.4 with your V3/V4 kernel builds were "dim blue/Red"]. I understood the power indicator is not important but it could be a hint to timing sequence/conditions of application of power/USB power. DMESG attached.
                            Attached Files

Comment

CS968 questions

hi all.
                              i have a CS698 and i see on the CPU is written RK3188-T.
                              what ROM with a modified kernel can i install on it?
                              i also installed a CPU test and it says that i have 3188 cpu not T.

run ANTUTU on stock rom and i got 16088 score.

i have WIFI chip AP6210.

thanks

Comment

I think, you mean the cs968 and there is so far no custom kernel which works without trouble on your device.
                                There is something special with the cs968.

JDfense ----> Nexus 7 ~ 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X