This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacklist updated

...I just updated the google docs file with a product sold in germany.

It was sold as "3188 with 1.8 GHz" but is running at 1.42 GHz.

Greatings from Germany,
    Andy

Comment

hey i've bought this one : http://www.****.ca/itm/MK809-III-RK3...:X:RTQ:CA:1123

and it's a [email protected] (it have a sticker on the cpu, to hide the fraud i guess...), hope it prevent someone from being scammed like me

EDIT, it look like someone****ed up the table, many entry have been removed
      Last edited by guy123; 07-03-2014, 21:56.

Comment

I have the FVIEW U2 TV Box it has the RK3188t and will only run at 816mhz, even tho it says up to 1.4ghz I have another thread asking how to root or flash this thing but am getting nowhere.

Also it seems geekbuyingg took it off their site

Any help would be appreciated too, if I could at least get it to 1ghz playback would be so much smoother

Comment

Bought this one (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...vyx_cs918-v2_1)

It's the 3118-T.

I don't have problems with the performance, because you know, I can live with it despite it doesn't play 720p fluidly, but the device turns off randomly, I guess is overheating. Do you think a heatsink for the processor could solve the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by wjofre View Post
            Bought this one (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...vyx_cs918-v2_1)

It's the 3118-T.

I don't have problems with the performance, because you know, I can live with it despite it doesn't play 720p fluidly, but the device turns off randomly, I guess is overheating. Do you think a heatsink for the processor could solve the problem?
            You play SD file in 2014?? then why u din't bought a video recorder with old VHS tapes ? :P
            to play HD fluidly you need to flash custom rom or patch your kernel, i have a 3188T and with custom Rom, 720p is very smooth (with stock rom it was LAGGY AS HELL) even those files with maxed encoder settings.(i din't tried 1080p because i don't have 1080p screen, but they should play fine, i only have a loadaverage 1.20 of 4.00 when reading x264 720p while cpu is running at 350/800mhz, i'm very impressed by the performance of that little cpu!)

i had reboots too but i managed to fix it by underclocking to 1.2ghz.
            Last edited by guy123; 07-24-2014, 05:48.

Comment

Originally posted by guy123 View Post
              You play SD file in 2014?? then why u din't bought a video recorder with old VHS tapes ? :P
              to play HD fluidly you need to flash custom rom or patch your kernel, i have a 3188T and with custom Rom, 720p is very smooth (with stock rom it was LAGGY AS HELL) even those files with maxed encoder settings.(i din't tried 1080p because i don't have 1080p screen, but they should play fine, i only have a loadaverage 1.20 of 4.00 when reading x264 720p while cpu is running at 350/800mhz, i'm very impressed by the performance of that little cpu!)

i had reboots too but i managed to fix it by underclocking to 1.2ghz.
              You misunderstood me, of course I wanted full HD playback, but the seller sent me a shitty device with a crap processor. I'm currently in an AE dispute.

And yeah, ikr about the custom roms, but apparently my PCB is too "new" or "strange" that no one has made a custom rom for. Patching the kernel did nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by wjofre View Post
                You misunderstood me, of course I wanted full HD playback, but the seller sent me a shitty device with a crap processor. I'm currently in an AE dispute.

And yeah, ikr about the custom roms, but apparently my PCB is too "new" or "strange" that no one has made a custom rom for. Patching the kernel did nothing.
                i have the same CPU as your the T version is not "crap", and it run HD without issues, but not with stock rom of course.

Comment

Originally posted by guy123 View Post
                  i have the same CPU as your the T version is not "crap", and it run HD without issues, but not with stock rom of course.
                  What ROM do you use? I'm looking for one for my FView U2 box, it's rooted but it has the 3188T also

Comment

Working Roms for RK3188 & RK3188T

Cheers Everyone,

Since it seems there are variances in the TV sticks, can someone (or everyone) share their experience by mentioning which ROM they're using. I've got an iMito QX1 (probably the RK3188T, will check later) and I wish to know which ROM is the best for 1080p playback with stable XBMC.

I'm on Quickshot Rom right now but still having issues with XBMC. The stick keeps rebooting and such. I guess I'm using a wrong kernel or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindseyed View Post
                      What ROM do you use? I'm looking for one for my FView U2 box, it's rooted but it has the 3188T also
                      i use this one

Originally posted by nghalion View Post
                      Cheers Everyone,

Since it seems there are variances in the TV sticks, can someone (or everyone) share their experience by mentioning which ROM they're using. I've got an iMito QX1 (probably the RK3188T, will check later) and I wish to know which ROM is the best for 1080p playback with stable XBMC.

I'm on Quickshot Rom right now but still having issues with XBMC. The stick keeps rebooting and such. I guess I'm using a wrong kernel or something.
                      i had a reboot problem with kitkat rom, i had to underclock to 1.2ghz (stock is 1.4) to fix reboots. look like a software (kernel?) issue i guess, not sure. anyway the cpu perform well a 1.2ghz

Comment

Originally posted by Yusi View Post
                        for me the rk3188-t runs absolut stable and fast. i wont start crying now, if the cpu could run some percent faster now. Stop panic the people outside.
                        Hi Yusi - can you tell me what ROM and kernel and settings you use on your rk3188T as I have a Tronsmart version of this stick and have never been able to find the right combination of ROM and kernel to make it run stable? If you could supply links that would help immensly? Thanks.

Comment

need help to know what Rom can i install

i bought this crap from tiny deal

the Box was crashing and freezing from day 1, i send it back and those mother****ers send it back to me
                          and they said they fixed it but it was the same like before,
                          anw this suppose to be RK3188 but inside on the Chip says SanDisk loooool
                          i flash the rom with a rom for RK3188 that i download from Freaktab and the Android box now its working.
                          not freezing at all but i have 2 issues, is not Play store installed and i install it by myself but wont open and i have the same problem with XBMC 13.2 :P
                          the second problem is no Sound, in the settings its says No Sound Devices

Comment

Originally posted by tobr View Post
                            Summary of my problems with new mk902 (blinking, flickering, no 1080p)

I would see 3 different problems with this new device of mine:

1) Blinking (screen totally on/off, lost of signal, monitor menu reapears, 1-10s period) - all linux distros and some custom roms suffer from blinking. The only working rom are android stock and neomode 1.9a 720p (but not 1080p)

2) Flickering or artefacts (horizontal or rectangles) like interferrence on tv signal. But the signal to monitor is not lost. Often this is the start of later reboot or freeze.

3) Not a single custom android rom succesfully boots in 1080p, only 720p variants. Always cycling, restarting during boot animation. I have never seen main screen (launcher) in 1080p. Even stock rom of mk802iv (i thought it's similar to mk902) which has 1080p in its title doesn't boot. Picuntu and ubuntu were both working 1080p (blinking heavily but no flickering). VNC to linux mk902 working 1080p ok. I tried nearly all the roms from this forum with different kernels (until I bricked mk902)

Cpu frequency is up to 1.6GHz both on neomode 1.9a and in picuntu or ubuntu, stock 1.4GHz. Locking freq on the lowest or highest possible value doesn't help from blinking. Ubuntu blinks both on 720p and 1080p kernels.

p.s. I bricked my mk902, i have found nand chip with title S PF450 (spectek says it's micron type) with 48 pins. Shorting pins caused mask loader state, so unbrick was succesful.

p.s. My colleague has another mk902 with totally the same behaviour.
                            Hi. First of all I'm sorry to come back to an old thread, but I really need to know (I've just hard-bricked/hard-doomed my RK3188 tablet by flashing a wrong loader on it and now the computer says it's an unrecognized USB device, aside from me having also flashing the wrong firmware... - I'm stupid). Do you still remember which pins you shorted? I have the same NAND chip, and I don't find the data sheet for it, so I'm blind looking at it. Also, I don't know if it was the case with you, but I have 2 NAND chips on my tablet. By chance, would you know on which one I must short the pins? (And which pins, anyway.) Thank you, even if you don't remember anymore.

Comment

Hi ,

do you have good nearby pictures of the nand ??? , maybe it helps , and you can test which pins are right , think this shall not

damage something if you always test two Pins , most the Chips are signed , triangle in Corner ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                                Hi ,

do you have good nearby pictures of the nand ??? , maybe it helps , and you can test which pins are right , think this shall not

damage something if you always test two Pins , most the Chips are signed , triangle in Corner ,

good luck / gefattern
                                Hi! Yes, here is a picture. I got an answer from tobr in private message and I thought I'd do exactly what you suggested. I shorted 2 pins (showed in red on the image). One is GND (according to me and my multimeter), and the other one doesn't seem to be VCC, so hopefully I didn't short the 3.3 V power supply. Seemed a good choice because they're next to each other and they're connected to different places, other than VCC and GND (which would be a bad idea to short, I guess). And I did this only on one of the chips (the one with the red marking on the image). I chose to leave the other one quiet, and see if it would work.

That managed to get me into MaskROM mode, and I don't get the unrecognized USB error anymore. I can actually flash the partitions back.

Though, now there's another error ("Prepare IDB fail" on AndroidTool or DevTool from RockChip), which doesn't allow the tablet to start, possibly because I'm flashing the wrong bootloader, and I have no idea where to go get the correct one (unless that's not the problem, but I don't know any other causes). Aside from that option, what I've thought so far is that maybe I shorted the wrong 2 pins and broke the chip(?). If it helps, the MaskROM mode starts automatically now and I don't need to short the 2 pins for it to start. I just start the tablet and the MaskROM mode starts too.

NOTE: WRONG PINS BEING SHORTED HERE. Check 2 posts ahead of this if you need to know which pins to short on this NAND.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                                Last edited by DADi590; 05-01-2022, 17:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X