This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicholaswc View Post
    I searched the internet, not too many information for identify 3188 and 3188T. I read some posts in Chinese forum talk about the different between 3188 and 3188T, but I don’t think that’s truth. The engineer of the manufacturer didn't reply me yet. I think they are very busy before Chinese New Year.
    As I know, the price for 3188 and 3188T is big different. The manufacturer knows the different but distributors, sellers are not. So, when you buy the TV stick, you have better to ask what chipset is using in the device. Censure the seller cheating sometimes would blame him wrongly.
    Some guys said the TV stick running in unstable condition. Using cheap components and unqualified skill of the bonding factory would cause the product running unstable. We are not expertise of production and can’t distinguish which stuff is made by good material. If you can post more reports and reviews that would help a lot.
    I can confirm imito QX II (with external antenna) is using RK3188 chipset. I have taken a circuit board image but can post it on this thread. If you want, please PM me.
    When seller sells me a device which is advertised as 1.6Ghz but can work only at 1.416Ghz maximum, what is it? At least misrepresentation, if not a ripoff or fraud. I understand that sellers might not know these details, but we the customers are dealing directly with sellers, not manufacturers, so sellers should be responsible for these mistakes too, that is part of their business.

Comment

Originally posted by torbvea View Post
      Hello!
      You said that you were using HDMI passthrough for DD 5.1 / DTS with your MK908II and Finless 1.5a. Can you please tell me what settings you are using? Does it work with XBMC? I can't get the hdmi passthrough to work with either XBMC, MX player or the stock player..
      Did you go into settings/sound choose HDMI passthrough? I don't use XBMC so I wouldn't know if you send me link to XBMC I can try for you.

Comment

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
        because you have to write it suitable kernel and you will act on the 1.6 GHz
        if you wrote the works on 1.6 and not 1.8 that is, the works on 1.6
        So you mean that RK3188-T can run at 1.6Ghz without problems? Hmmm, my impression so far was that it is limited at 1.414Ghz, I'll continue researching then, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by in1 View Post
          So you mean that RK3188-T can run at 1.6Ghz without problems? Hmmm, my impression so far was that it is limited at 1.414Ghz, I'll continue researching then, thanks.
          Yes, I can confirm that my CX-919 works fine ONLY with Kernel at 1.4GhZ, not more, so simply it's not correct what is indicated by some vendors that declare RK3188 1.6GhZ.
          My problems are that I can't change it (because the shipment to China would be more expensive than the device), and I don't know which device to choose, because at now only the Minix X7 seems to be surely equipped with RK3188 chip (but it's not enough portable for my uses).

Comment

Originally posted by cluster_danneggiato View Post
            Yes, I can confirm that my CX-919 works fine ONLY with Kernel at 1.4GhZ, not more, so simply it's not correct what is indicated by some vendors that declare RK3188 1.6GhZ.
            My problems are that I can't change it (because the shipment to China would be more expensive than the device), and I don't know which device to choose, because at now only the Minix X7 seems to be surely equipped with RK3188 chip (but it's not enough portable for my uses).
            If you cannot return it, I would recomment to keep it, this stick is not that bad, I managed to install a pretty good ROM on it (but it's still 1.416Ghz of course), everything works well (I described what I did in another thread). Actually I wouldn't complaint at all if it was advertized correctly by the seller. I just don't like when sellers (or manufacturers) try to take advantage on me, that is it.

Comment

Minix Neo X7

Originally posted by stubuchy View Post
              That is great news for them as if true will surely create them as the premium brand! will be ordering more if this is true!!

Just got mine X7 with mail today, can and will confirm that my model has RK3188!
              Very happy man here!

And my "old" MK802IV has been returned to seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Phycopat View Post
                Just got mine X7 with mail today, can and will confirm that my model has RK3188!
                MINIX have confirmed they'll only use genuine RK3188s. So getting an X7 is a safe bet.
                NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                Buy me a beer?

Comment

Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                  MINIX have confirmed they'll only use genuine RK3188s. So getting an X7 is a safe bet.
                  .... and so far the only vendor to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                  Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                  Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                  Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                  CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                  Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                  RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by darrellr View Post
                    .... and so far the only vendor to do so?
                    To my knowledge, yes. By being the first to promise this, they managed to generate the maximum amount of goodwill and premium status for basically free.
                    NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                    Buy me a beer?

Comment

I asked geekbuying a partially refund as the item is not as advertised (MK 809 III). I said my device is RK3188T CPU and not a RK3188 and explain it can't run @ 1,6Ghz. I put a link to this forum (in particular post #16) in my Email. Here is the answer.
                      "
                      Thanks for your reply ,and sorry for revert delay.
                      I got what your mean and have confirmed with the factory, the CPU is really 1.6 , only the item run some powerful apps like games, the CUP will reach 1.6 under over locking .As usual if the apps are not powerful , it is 1.4,as we know if the item runs under overlocking . it is not good to the item, so the factory has adjusted it , hope you can understand what we say,.Sorry for my poor explain in the last email and can't be got understanding .

Hope it can been understanding .
                      Have a nice day.
                      Sincerely"

WTF?
                      MK809 III - Geekbuying december 2013

Comment

I bought my two MK809III's through a seller on Amazon, it was fulfilled by Amazon. First I wrote them regarding the poor WiFi performance. I told them I could improve performance by adding antenna's to them. The Amazon seller refunded me $23.00 to cover my cost.
                        When I discovered the max clock speed was 1.42 GHz, not the advertised 1.8 GHz, I wrote to Amazon again expressing my concern with regard to this misrepresentation. Their reply was that I could either return the two units for refund with them paying the shipping or if I was willing to keep them they would refund me 20% of the purchase price since they didn't perform as advertised. I chose to keep them and received another refund amounting to $38.62. In total I was refunded $61.62. I'm very pleased with the good service from Amazon.
                        HK1 Pro Plus
                        FlowFon F1
                        H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                        MXQ Pro+
                        R-TVBOX Mini+
                        MK809III

Comment

linux blinking - blinks on 3 monitors but works on plasma tv

I always tried to connect my blinking mk902 to my 3 fullhd lcd monitors and lcd tv.
                          Now I connected my blinking mk902 to my Panasonic 720p older plasma tv (tv is 720p but accepts 1080p signal) and picture was steady not blinking at all. So either can be improved source (stock rom) or target (monitor with more tolerant electronics).

Newer minipcs with non stock work or don't work. It depends on combination of minipc and monitor. Because stock roms in such a minipcs are ok, it means, that there must be some patch or change in inicialization to work correctly.
                          Last edited by tobr; 01-24-2014, 07:13.

Comment

Originally posted by tltester View Post
                            Bob, take a look on the discussion at Minix's forums about their 007FW, they've introduced the screen flickering then, and after a long way of complaining and proving the problem's existence they've finally fixed it by reverting kernel-level HDMI timing changes they've merged from rockchip's crap updates before. The 007e they released with updated kernel didn't suffer from this anymore. May be you could ask them for updated kernel source to see what's gone wrong...
                            OK so that's interesting. That firmware along with many other devices started using RockChips new property called "Video Overlay". So this means a change that has now caused flicker on just about any device that uses this kernel change.

I wonder if this is tied to mali?

You guys with flicker might try changing this to a 1 and LCD rez to 160, etc!

Remember all my custom ROMs I turned overlay off and set for 240. There might be something there.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

The only thing to do when a Vendor starts misselling its goods it to firstly promote that fact anywhere you can to further highlight issues and then to stop buying them.

Purchasing power will always work if enough use it.

It's Amlogic for me the next time I purchase anything.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                                The only thing to do when a Vendor starts misselling its goods it to firstly promote that fact anywhere you can to further highlight issues and then to stop buying them.

Purchasing power will always work if enough use it.

It's Amlogic for me the next time I purchase anything.
                                I agree, but I will purchase ODROID! That isn't Rockchip, and isn't Chinese.
                                Unfortunately they shipping only FedEx.

Comment

Working...
                                X