No announcement yet.

Bricked MK809III tv player HELP:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i found a reproducable way to unbrick it.

- i use androidtool provided with neomod 1.7 (older version)
    - then i shortcut pin 7 and 8 (or 8 and 9) and hold the shortcut
    - while doing this i shortcut some more pins (i guess like 11 and 12, pretty much in the middle)
    - device reboots itself now in mask rom mode
    - then i have to take off the power while i keep holding 7 and 8
    - device reboots again in maskrom mode
    - now i can erase idb and flash 1.7 again

i know it sound like sorcery (which it is to me). but i did this several times and bricked the device again by flashing neomode 1.9a again. the last time i exchanged loader 2.07 with 1.20 in android tool (rest i kept the same). it worked and flashed sucessfully. no i have to test if the rom works with hdmi and everything.

edit: to be clear. it matters how you get into MASKROM mode. if you just get into MASKROM by shortcutting pin 7 and 8 and taking the power of you will end up in MASKROM but you will not be able to erase IDB or flash. first you have to reset the device into MASKROM by shortcutting 10 and 11 (while 7 and 8 are shortcutted) and the you have to take the power off and on again while still holding 7 and 8.

thanks for your help. i hope someone can use this information some time and save themselves some nerves
    Last edited by finalstep; 03-28-2014, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by finalstep View Post
      ok, i found a reproducable way to unbrick it.

- i use androidtool provided with neomod 1.7 (older version)
      - then i shortcut pin 7 and 8 (or 8 and 9) and hold the shortcut
      - while doing this i shortcut some more pins (i guess like 11 and 12, pretty much in the middle)
      - device reboots itself now in mask rom mode
      - then i have to take off the power while i keep holding 7 and 8
      - device reboots again in maskrom mode
      - now i can erase idb and flash 1.7 again

i know it sound like sorcery (which it is to me). but i did this several times and bricked the device again by flashing neomode 1.9a again. the last time i exchanged loader 2.07 with 1.20 in android tool (rest i kept the same). it worked and flashed sucessfully. no i have to test if the rom works with hdmi and everything.

edit: to be clear. it matters how you get into MASKROM mode. if you just get into MASKROM by shortcutting pin 7 and 8 and taking the power of you will end up in MASKROM but you will not be able to erase IDB or flash. first you have to reset the device into MASKROM by shortcutting 10 and 11 (while 7 and 8 are shortcutted) and the you have to take the power off and on again while still holding 7 and 8.

thanks for your help. i hope someone can use this information some time and save themselves some nerves

Sorry me for my stupid question, where is located the pin to shortcut ?

Shortcut is to be with device powered or not powered ?

sorry again this is the first time i brick

Comment

this is not the exact pcb i have but very similar. see the NAND chip with the sticker saying "[...] Flash: 8Gb [...]"? look at lower pin row (towards the middle of the chip). count the pins from the left (where the little hole/point is).

as i said my eyes are not that good that i'd be sure about the count, so just try.

- start androidtool.exe and set everything up

- power is ON

- shortcut 7 and 8 and hold the shortcut during the next steps

- now shortcut 11 and 12 (i think), the system then will reboot itself automatically ending up in mask rom mode (you will see that at the bottom in androidtool.exe)

- when the device is in mask rom mode take remove power usb and stick it in again while you still hold 7 and 8 shortcut. like a manual reboot

- if the device ends up in mask rom mode again it is ready again. you can now remove the shortcut and just flash it the usual way.

hope this helps. but i still haven't found a working rom yet. also no stock rom

Comment

My PCB is the same of picture, without external antennas ;-) (very nice job)

as i said my eyes are not that good that i'd be sure about the count, so just try.

- start androidtool.exe and set everything up

- power is ON

- shortcut 7 and 8 and hold the shortcut during the next steps

- now shortcut 11 and 12 (i think), the system then will reboot itself automatically ending up in mask rom mode (you will see that at the bottom in androidtool.exe)

- when the device is in mask rom mode take remove power usb and stick it in again while you still hold 7 and 8 shortcut. like a manual reboot

- if the device ends up in mask rom mode again it is ready again. you can now remove the shortcut and just flash it the usual way.

hope this helps. but i still haven't found a working rom yet. also no stock rom
          But i have a strange thing about. First to unbrick i have only to shortcut 7 and 8 pin on my NAND.

I have see that my item is go on MaskROM Mode, seeing what appear on a tool included on neomode rom tool, but unfortunately when i try to install neo ROM, flash don't go good. The flash stop after check.

I try to explain: I do, with the tool included on NEo Mode ROM, command "Erase IDB" ! Whell all right, then i press "Upgrade", flash start but stop after first download operation, (but i this can be off topic now.)

I believe that these seemingly strange behavior, are due to the fact that in spite of the PCB are the same, maybe the NAND are not all equal.

Thank you for your help and guidance, without you I would not be left out.

Now I have the mini pc running again but with the stock rom.

You can not have everything in life :-)

Comment

ok good to hear.

i ordered mine on amazon. most of the ICs are the same but some, including the NAND flash, are not. i find this very strange because i did not find anyone who has exactly the same pcb.

the problem you describe is similar to mine. i found it has to do with the bootloader. bootloader 1.2 (included in neomod 1.6 afair) actually works, flashing is fine. but any higher version will get the board bricked. problem is, 1.6 still doesn't work well. it is booting and everything, showing the GUI and so on. but then again, the display is switching on and off every few seconds.

but you could try neomod 1.6 with bootloader 1.2 maybe it works with you!

would you mind uploading your stock rom for me please? maybe it works with mine and i get the thing working again at least.

Comment

Originally posted by finalstep View Post
              ok good to hear.

i ordered mine on amazon. most of the ICs are the same but some, including the NAND flash, are not. i find this very strange because i did not find anyone who has exactly the same pcb.

the problem you describe is similar to mine. i found it has to do with the bootloader. bootloader 1.2 (included in neomod 1.6 afair) actually works, flashing is fine. but any higher version will get the board bricked. problem is, 1.6 still doesn't work well. it is booting and everything, showing the GUI and so on. but then again, the display is switching on and off every few seconds.

but you could try neomod 1.6 with bootloader 1.2 maybe it works with you!

would you mind uploading your stock rom for me please? maybe it works with mine and i get the thing working again at least.
              I'm sorry for the delay. I saw your reply this morning, but I was around for clients to work. Anyway tell me where I find the verisone 1.2 of the loader you say?

In the meantime, here's the link to the rom stock, taken from an Italian forum of Android.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

(uhm if don't work tell me)

Important this rom should only be used with the PCB green. If the color of the different PCD tell me that I'm leaving you another link.

In the meantime, I got a new pen so I use it to test this ... :-)

[Update]

Finally i have flashed the 4.4.2 neomode rom :-) unfortunately no one of ndomode rom, 1.9 o last kit kat have wifi working. Then i have remount the stock rom write before :-(
              Last edited by vincex256; 04-13-2014, 20:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo2010 View Post
                i have attached and marked the photo of the pins.can u try between 5th and 6th pins from left to right or swipe softly in that area.

Thanks mk809iii Unbrick device 6-7 pin happy

Comment

Working...
                X