Tronsmart X5II/Bee-link X5II - HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart X5II/Bee-link X5II - HELP!!!

First I apologize for the bad English. Two months ago I bought this media player http://www.azw-online.com/goods.php?id=50 in tinydeal and was very happy when we arrived at my house, but my happiness did not last long, when testing movies from my external hd, I was disappointed because the stick could barely play the movies in 720p right, I researched about it and know that it's a common poblem these devices with the processor rk3188, and that this can be solved with custom kernels and roms available right here at this great forum. I did not find anything for my stick, then tested kernels and custom roms from other devices and not league player, I'm a paperweight on my shelf because my intention was only to see videos, so wanted to ask for help from you guys, if there somehow modify my kernel, or another way to increase the processing video of the stick, please guys any help is welcome.
    Last edited by Luckito; 03-03-2014, 14:16.

Originally posted by Luckito View Post
    First I apologize for the bad English. Two months ago I bought this media player http://www.azw-online.com/goods.php?id=50 in tinydeal and was very happy when we arrived at my house, but my happiness did not last long, when testing movies from my external hd, I was disappointed because the stick could barely play the movies in 720p right, I researched about it and know that it's a common poblema these devices with the processor rk3188, and that this can be solved with custom kernels and roms available right here at this great forum. I did not find anything for my stick, then tested kernels and custom roms from other devices and not league player, I'm a paperweight on my shelf because my intention was only to see videos, so wanted to ask for help from you guys, if there somehow modify my kernel, or another way to increase the processing video of the stick, please guys any help is welcome.
    Same problem to me, anyone has tested with firmware for similar hardwares?

Comment

Originally posted by lathander View Post
      Same problem to me, anyone has tested with firmware for similar hardwares?
      I tested custom roms and kernels for other devices, T428, A928, minix x7 ... and at the end of the installation the machine does not start

Comment

the X5II is not belong to tronsmart, , but we can offer a little help. the x5ii should use the ap6210 wifi chipset, so you should use the firmware for MK908II OR cx-919.

TRY THAT.
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Hi Luckito, hi lathander,
          Could you open your device case and take a good resolution picture so as to all describtions of chips soldered on board would be visible?
          There are a lot of rk3188 based device whose firmwares are similar and depends on chipset only.
          CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
          CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
          K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
            the X5II is not belong to tronsmart, , but we can offer a little help. the x5ii should use the ap6210 wifi chipset, so you should use the firmware for MK908II OR cx-919.

TRY THAT.

I tried firmware and custom roms these models, MK908II OR cx-919, the unit does not start at the end of the installation.

Originally posted by digger View Post
            Hi Luckito, hi lathander,
            Could you open your device case and take a good resolution picture so as to all describtions of chips soldered on board would be visible?
            There are a lot of rk3188 based device whose firmwares are similar and depends on chipset only.
            hi digger thanks for the help, I opened the device, here are the photos:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140304_210210.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	433171Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140304_210527.jpg
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	433172Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140304_210538.jpg
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	433173Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140304_210851.jpg
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	433174

Comment

I am sorry, I will have no access to the android tv until saturday, but could it be helpful to pass cpu-z test or similar for a list of specifications?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckito View Post
                I tried firmware and custom roms these models, MK908II OR cx-919, the unit does not start at the end of the installation.
                Interesting. Your board has the newer RK618 HDMI/AUDIO support chip. Not many boxes have this, most use the older RK1000 / iT combination.

In the short term I'd suggest you use your original kernel and patch it for better performance with the 'overclockomatic' script.

You can flash a better ROM (i.e Wasser's Minix ROM) in combination with your kernel.
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                  Interesting. Your board has the newer RK618 HDMI/AUDIO support chip. Not many boxes have this, most use the older RK1000 / iT combination.

In the short term I'd suggest you use your original kernel and patch it for better performance with the 'overclockomatic' script.

You can flash a better ROM (i.e Wasser's Minix ROM) in combination with your kernel.
                  I know not modify my kernel with the script could someone provide a tutorial of how to apply, 'patch' my kernel?

Comment

you can download the x5ii stock firmware here

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间
                    Looking for developers
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Any luck Luckito?

I just bought this device to and having difficulties finding a good rom.

Do you have the v2.0 hardware or v3.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Defectus View Post
                        Any luck Luckito?

I just bought this device to and having difficulties finding a good rom.

Do you have the v2.0 hardware or v3.1?

http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=112

Unfortunately not my friend, I will try to apply the firmware update, but do not know which version of hardware I have, the information on this handset are few, and if I knew that there was no support, would have bought another player

I tested the new firmware update (I discovered that my version is '2 .0 'as the '3 .1' not started the machine). There is an improvement in the transition from menus, and xbmc, but the video playback is still the same, until there is lag in the videos in 720p sorry guys

p.s: I tested the xbmc with HW acceleration
                        Last edited by Luckito; 03-12-2014, 21:41. Reason: update

Comment

Also have the v2.0 and also tested the latest firmware without any luck. Think I'm going to shell out the extra cash to buy a NUC instead. Then i don't have to deal with these problems.

Hope you find a rom that works eventually

Comment

Anyone ever found a Rom working on this device? I also recently bought this device (not knowing of the problems concerning HD video and the RK3188 chip) and would like to try if maybe flashing a new rom/kernel would help my playback

Comment

Unfortunately not got any help or solution, it is a pity that no developer or someone who knows a bit more than we have been interested in helping us

Comment

Working...
                              X