Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Wifi adapter support

Hi all.

I have a CX-919 with integrated wifi, but it's so unreliable I'm thinking about buying an usb wifi adapter.
    The question is, will the two work under Android, or if not, can I make the external one default?

Does anybody tried something like this?

I'm pretty sure there are some supported usb cards out there, it has not been much of a question around here.

All i can tell you is to somehow disable one of them, they will only interrupt each other and affect air time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
      I'm pretty sure there are some supported usb cards out there, it has not been much of a question around here.

All i can tell you is to somehow disable one of them, they will only interrupt each other and affect air time.
      I'm not really worried about finding a working kernel driver, but more about controlling the wifi from the GUI as before.

Comment

If i am not wrong (and i might be), most of the components are actually USB connections. I know ethernet is for sure, so even the bult-in wireless might be just that

as for supported wifi usb cards, i have not come upon a thread with that question so far. Wifi is not much of a touched area, been looking myself if i can tether at 5ghz and never found anything.

Comment

So you say it may not that simple to find a supported wifi adapter?

I thought it should be pretty straightforward to compile and use the standard linux driver for it...
          Something like this: http://blog.linuxconsulting.ro/2010/...o-android.html

Comment

I'm using external wifi dongle on 908.
            Read my topic about wifi support:

This one was very usefull for me:

Originally posted by tr3w View Post
            So you say it may not that simple to find a supported wifi adapter?

I thought it should be pretty straightforward to compile and use the standard linux driver for it...
            Something like this: http://blog.linuxconsulting.ro/2010/...o-android.html
            It is not so simple, you need to completely rebuild SDK for correct integration. If you only build kernel module you can get some compatibility issues.

Comment

Originally posted by t00 View Post

Thanks, I also found a couples of forums like yours, so it looks doable, even the GUI part.

I think I give it a try.

Comment

It is not so simple, you need to completely rebuild SDK for correct integration. If you only build kernel module you can get some compatibility issues.
                Здравствуйте!
                Прочитал Вашу ссылку на пост, где Вы подцепили скомпилленный 8192cu.ko.
                Имею донгл с 8192 и тоже хотел бы попробовать.

Пробовал сделать это у себя, на боксе с RK3188 на борту, не получается.
                Что делал:
                -переименовал имеющийся в папке modules анологичный модуль
                -скачал Ваш зип, распаковал, положил в папку system/lib/modules
                -дал права rw-r--r--(644)
                -подсунул модуль в ядро imsmod /system/lib/modules/8192cu.ko
                lsmod показывает модуль в перечне, но донгл не заводится.
                Подскажите, пожалуйста порядок действий, как и че тискать и в какой момент вставлять донгл.
                Про правку init.rc не спрашиваю.
                Заранее благодарен,
                Владимир
                Sorry friends, was going to PM, but typed wrong buttons and sent my Russian message here
                t00, please answer me to PM.
                Last edited by digger; 03-05-2014, 13:16.
                CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Manual for using self-compiled module with mk908:

1. Place module in modules directory
                  2. chmod 644, chown root:root (if you need)
                  3. Turn wifi off! check this with iwconfig, there shouldn't be any device such as 'wlan0'
                  4. insmod module
                  5. check iwconfig output, wlan0 sholud appear.
                  6. ifconfig wlan0 up
                  7. svc wifi enable
                  8. at my mk908 I need some times to make iwconfig in console, otherwise wpa_supplicant cannot connect to network, this can be corrected if we able to rebuild sdk.
                  You should not rename 8192cu.ko to rkwifi.ko, because ap6210 driver need to load firmware, and you get error wile loading, android gui set wifi to disabled state.

Answer in russian:
                  Добрый день, что показывает dmesg при подключении свистка? Если модуль загружен, то должен успешно считаться eeprom, появится что то вроде:
                  Code:
                  <4>[  457.024104] EEPROM type is E-FUSE
                  <4>[  457.024158] ====> ReadAdapterInfo8192C
                  там же будет информация о всякой ерунде, в том числе и о мак адресе. Если есть только информация по usb и драйвер риалтека молчит, значит либо не тот драйвер, либо криво подгрузился. Подключите свисток при отключенном встроенном вайфае, посмотрите в iwconfig появился ли интерфейс wlan0. Если появился, полдела сделано - драйвер работает. Кстати, какая версия чипа у донгла? Мой драйвер только под 8192cu, это важно, они все отличаются.

Comment

If anyone interested, I managed to build the driver for rt5370.

You can find also the script to install it on a running system. After running the script the wifi settings should work from the GUI (more or less).

After days it can disconnect (at least on finless 1.6b), usually a couple of "ifconfig wlan0 up", iwconfig, and turning off and on the wifi in the GUI in random order helps...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tr3w; 12-07-2015, 16:02. Reason: Re-uploded the zip.

Comment

You can find also the script to put install it on a running system. After it it will work from the GUI (more or less).

After days it can disconnect (at lesat on finless 1.6b), usually a couple of "ifconfig wlan0 up", iwconfig, and turning off and on the wifi in the GUI in random order will work...
                      I use this script to enable wifi on boot:
                      Code:
                      #!/system/bin/sh
                      ifconfig wlan0 up
                      sleep 1s
                      svc wifi enable
                      iwconfig
                      sleep 5s
                      iwconfig
                      sleep 5s
                      iwconfig
                      sleep 5s
                      iwconfig
                      sleep 5s
                      iwconfig is needed because wpa_supplicant couldn't correctly work with non-stock wlan.

Comment

iwconfig is needed because wpa_supplicant couldn't correctly work with non-stock wlan.
                        Yes, I have similar experience. Although it looks like I need to go to the wifi settings GUI to properly connect, at least after disconnect...

Someone with better understanding could put it into the ROM itself properly...

Comment

You can find also the script to put install it on a running system. After it it will work from the GUI (more or less).

After days it can disconnect (at lesat on finless 1.6b), usually a couple of "ifconfig wlan0 up", iwconfig, and turning off and on the wifi in the GUI in random order will work...
                          Thanks man..

Comment

Can any one reload this file rt2x00-kernel-driver-3.0.36+.zip, pls?

Comment

Originally posted by franklin View Post
                              Can any one reload this file rt2x00-kernel-driver-3.0.36+.zip, pls?
                              Done. (To the original comment)

Comment

Working...
                              X