Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first the the 2.07 kernel kernel_AP6210_HD_v207.img works as good as the good old 1.x kernel_t_AP6210_HD.img. Flickering is away and screen adjustment is possible with the 2.07.
    Tested with cs968 v2 for the statistics.

JDfense

PS.: Next is neomodes mk809III ROM for the Model T, then I'm back to the JB kernel.

Comment

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Any chance we'll see 2.07 on github come Monday? (That is when I can start working and testing some stuff)

Dee, I have an original CX919 (ap6210) device. Non-T, non tronsmart. Let me know if you need anything tested by then

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

It is only a change in config (-rk1000 audio)).

.... And that's it. I'm working on tablet kernels now

When/ if a fuller source is released I'll come back but too much is missing and newer CPUs are likely to overtake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Hi Dee!

Link in OP for 2.07 RTL8188EU is broken, please fix it regards!

Comment

Originally posted by yerzu View Post
            Hi Dee!

Link in OP for 2.07 RTL8188EU is broken, please fix it regards!
            You can build your own ... and better!

Fixed

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
              You can build your own ... and better!

Fixed
              You sad that You will send me some tweaks for kernel and im still waiting thanks!

Comment

You sad that You will send me some tweaks for kernel and im still waiting thanks!
                I gave my whole repo - what more do you want? Blood!!

If you can sort out the RK1000 I2C channel bug you will definitively be a better man than me. Also no-one seems to want to test the MK7601 fix but when they do perhaps you/Jugster/others can help?

Being serious, I want to concentrate what time I have on on supporting Bob. He puts a lot into this forum, buys lots of kit and supports everyone without complaint despite the fact that very few people donate back. Worse, commercial guys come here, ask for support and then go on to sell the result.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                  I gave my whole repo - what more do you want? Blood!!

If you can sort out the RK1000 I2C channel bug you will definitively be a better man than me. Also no-one seems to want to test the MK7601 fix but when they do perhaps you/Jugster/others can help?

Being serious, I want to concentrate what time I have on on supporting Bob. He puts a lot into this forum, buys lots of kit and supports everyone without complaint despite the fact that very few people donate back. Worse, commercial guys come here, ask for support and then go on to sell the result.
                  Repo? Probably my eyes missing that thanks MAN! I will try with that tomorrow. Yes I know for example in Poland some "Importers" sells "upgrated" sticks/boxes for 2x money macabre!

MK7601 without working RK1000 is completly without sound? and something else? I will look at this and I try to find some ugly bug

Comment

Repo? Probably my eyes missing that thanks MAN! I will try with that tomorrow. Yes I know for example in Poland some "Importers" sells "upgrated" sticks/boxes for 2x money macabre!

MK7601 without working RK1000 is completly without sound? and something else? I will look at this and I try to find some ugly bug
                    No, Most TV Boxes have an RK1000 for TV/audio out and microphone support. This is totally separate to HDMI. So they have audio over HDMI but the TV out part is 'dead'.

A few people asked me to help support MK7601/6622 combo wifi/BT chipset but then went quiet after the first test failed. This one is harder than most as the ROMs don't include the load libraries and build.prop settings to make it work, so it is not just kernel to amend.

Donate to Finless

Comment

A few people asked me to help support MK7601/6622 combo wifi/BT chipset but then went quiet after the first test failed. This one is harder than most as the ROMs don't include the load libraries and build.prop settings to make it work, so it is not just kernel to amend.
                      Hi
                      I found a way to add MT7601 wifi to RK3188 3.0.36 JB kernels but still has to test it.
                      I will also test your MT7601 KitKat kernels today.
                      Had trouble customising my rom for MT7601, as I'm going to upload a custom rom for everyone and still making sure it works correct before flashing a KitKat rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
                        Flash Bob's patch and you are good to go.
                        thanks max one. patch boot allowed to usb to boot to home screen with 720p kernel. however i have one issue i have usb hub connected to the android stick which as flash drive connected to it. when this kernel is installed i keep getting message external disk unmounted and i am unable to access my flash drive after that however i dont see such behaviour when stock kernel is installed.

any suggestion on how to fix external disk unmont issue.

edit: installed kernel v1.1 no issue everything runs smooth. btw i am on rk3188 without T.
                        Last edited by angelboy; 03-22-2014, 21:21.

Comment

Thanks for your awesome kernel D33, I'm using it on my CX919 (T) and it's working great.
                          Patched your T-kernel with overclockomatic_kk and now run at 1.6Ghz with close to 19000 antutu points.
                          Everything works, no stuttering or anything.

Thanks a million!

Comment

My results with v2.07 & v1.1 (long, sorry)

So I've been gone for a week and actually have hardware now (mk908ii T-model) and this forum has exploded with kernels to test! I skipped over several of the earlier builds and jumped right to v2.07.

First, I couldn't get Loader v2.13 to work for me. My stick would boot to the "GoogleTV" logo but freeze there. I think it was continuing to load because my PC would make the 'device connected' sound and my TSM01 appeared to be paired. I backed the Loader down to v2.08 and was able to get a complete boot.

The first combination I tried was kernel_t_AP6210_HD_v207 with Bob's patched boot1080_large. This gave me an Antutu score of 17372. Sound did not work at first, but came on after a bit. Wish I could say there was something specific I did. Wifi was good, SD videos stream nicely from my NAS, and Netflix was very good. I left the stick running for a couple hours while I went out to dinner and when I came back the sound was choppy to the point of being unusable. I don't know if this was perhaps a heat-related issue, but the stick did not feel overly warm.

I then proceeded to load kernel_t_AP6210_SD_v207 with boot1080_large = 16507 (all ok)
                            kernel_t_AP6210_SD_v207 with boot720 = 16472 (minor screen blinking)
                            kernel_t_AP6210_HD_v207 with boot720 = 15779 (all ok)

dmesg_v207.zip

I then tried both of the v1.1 HD T-kernels yielding 15775 & 15560 for 1.3v & 1.8v respectively. Netflix picture was stuttering on the 1.8v kernel and though it may have been my imagination, I think the stick was getting much warmer. So I went back to the best combination of the above, HD_207 & boot1080.

Re-running Antutu only yielded a score of 15738 though. I quit for the night there, wondering if there was some sort of cumulative effect of running Antutu one after another. Each kernel/boot combination was only loaded for a few minutes before I moved on to the next. When the stick would boot, I'd unlock the screen, wait for the time/temp widget to update (quick proof of wifi), check a minute or so of Netflix, check a minute or so of NAS streaming, then run Antutu. After all that, I'd grab the dmesg and move on to the next combination. The first was the only one loaded for a couple of hours, so I don't know if the others would experience deteriorating sound or improve a bit. Not terribly scientific testing.

I left the stick plugged in all night and ran Antutu first thing this morning: 16038, still not as good as the initial load. I was about to reflash it when I realized that the very first run had been different. It booted without the rotation-lock active, so the first run of Antutu had been in portrait mode. Disabling and unloading the rotation-lock brings me back to 17351. Clearly the rotation-lock impacted the other scores, but it should be proportional, so I still think I'm running the best of the bunch. It's been running most of the day and sound still seems to be ok. Next step is to figure out how the patchomatic works and see if I can't squeeze a bit more out of it.

Comment

I can confirm the v2.07 T-sd kernel you could cook with.

The 2.07 HD T kernel runs warm at best.

Both minor screen flicker which only seems to happen browsing the UI and never during video playback.
                              Last edited by Magnus33; 03-22-2014, 20:18.
                              Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by tinyhands View Post
                                Next step is to figure out how the patchomatic works and see if I can't squeeze a bit more out of it.
                                I don't get it. I loading kernel_t_AP6210_HD_v207.img into the d33revisedoverclockomatic script and I get the following...
                                Code:
                                =============================
                                Rockchip Patchomatic Suite
                                Overclockomatic RK3188 v1.2
                                by phjanderson
                                =============================

Reading kernel image
                                Done!

Searching GPU frequency limit cap
                                Found: 133000000, 600000000
                                Patching...

Searching volt/frequency tables
                                Done!

Volt/frequency tables found in the image:
                                == Table 1 at offset 9947136 ==
                                MHz     mV

== Table 2 at offset 9950800 ==
                                MHz     mV

== Table 3 at offset 9950824 ==
                                MHz     mV

== Table 4 at offset 9950864 ==
                                MHz     mV

== Table 5 at offset 9950912 ==
                                MHz     mV

== Table 6 at offset 9952952 ==
                                MHz     mV

== Table 7 at offset 9953008 ==
                                MHz     mV

== Table 8 at offset 9953064 ==
                                MHz     mV

== End of tables ==

Please identify the CPU, GPU and DDR table. Press ctrl-c to cancel.

Which table is the CPU table?
                                (The CPU table is mostly the largest table ranging from 312 to 1608 MHz)

Which table is the GPU table?
                                (The GPU table is mostly the second largest table ranging from 133 to 600 MHz)

Which table is the DDR table?
                                (The DDR table is mostly quite short, mostly 2 entries, and can be recognized by
                                 the labels DDR_FREQ_... at the end of each line)

Patching kernels... please wait...

ERROR: CPU profile table cpu1608h is larger than the CPU table in the kernel
                                In this example I've selected 1, 2, & 3 but I have no idea which table is which. It seems like I've tried almost all of the 56 combinations and get some sort of error (sometimes its the CPU, GPU, or DDR profile table error) so I clearly don't know what I'm doing. It looks to me like the script isn't actually reading the tables, they look blank. Am I supposed to do something with the offset values? Load the kernel into something else that can read & edit the tables? A little help here please.

Comment

Working...
                                X