X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethernet and HDMI Sound issues

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    Stock DMESG and DMESG from my kernel required.
    Hi d33,
    It relates to not working Ethernet and HDMI sound.
    I've made two dmesg files you asked me about
    dmesgStock20140114.txt
    NoSound_dmesg_kernel_RTL8188_HD_v3.10.txt
    I have noticed one strange thing. As I informed you, there wasn't sound with kernel_RTL8188_HD_v3.10, but when I change default English language to another one(Russian) and reboot device, HDMI sound appears. For sure I tried to reboot device before w/o changing language.
    Thanks
    CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
    CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
    K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

It seems all kernels above 2.07 will not boot on mk802iv. Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue. 2.07 works well and even the patched O/C versions work. Something from 2.08 and on is causing no boot on MK802IV (Well at least mine, grrr.).

Any ideas out there. Tried the patched versions as well including stock settings.

Comment

I've taken the stock source, which has code to switch between T and non-T CPUs and converted it to make two dedicated kernels.

Version 3.1 (TV Boxes)
        • RK1000 Audio support fixed
        • RK100 TV out support added

AP6210
        AP6210-J22
        AP6330
        RTL8188

MT7601 (wifi only) test

Version 3.0 (TV Sticks)
        • GPU overide now possible
        • DDR override fixed

AP6210

AP6210-J22
        AP6330
        RTL8188EU

Version 2.0
        • Increased hub support
        • Camera support fixed (kernel part)
        • VPU errors solved
        • Fixed AX88179 USB3 Gigabit support (thanks to Yerzu)
        • Mirroring support
        All kernels
        • T kernels are 1.4 GHz & 528 DDR
        • Standard kernels are 1.8 GHZ & 720 DDR
        • All use 1.8V for LCDC support
        • HD = 1920x1080 / SD = 1280x720
        I would love to have your 3.1 Kernels for JB too. Would be cool to compare things between JB and KK. keep on your great work!
        Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
          I would love to have your 3.1 Kernels for JB too. Would be cool to compare things between JB and KK. keep on your great work!
          There is no need for JB kernels, the lock was never in the leaked JB sources. Loads of custom kernels are available for JB.
          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Hi D33,

I'm wondering if you know what GPU frequencies between 600Mhz and 798Mhz are valid ones?
            My CX919 doesn't boot with GPU @ 798Mhz so I modified the GPU profile in the OC-script to include 699Mhz, I've choosen this frequency because it's a multiple of 33.33, like you told me it needs to be.
            However it doesn't work for some reason.

DMESG GPU table set to 699 Mhz:

Code:
            root@m0:/mnt/internal_sd # dmesg | grep mali
            <4>[    4.221775] Mali: mali freq table num : 3
            <4>[    4.221797] Mali: mali freq table :Mali: 384,Mali: 594,Mali: 594,Mali:
            <4>[    4.221844] Mali: init mali clock success
            GPU table in kernel:

Code:
            == Table 7 at offset 9953040 ==
            MHz    mV
            400    1100
            600    1250
            699    1375

Any ideas on why it isn't using 699Mhz as it's maximum frequency?

Thank you!

Regards

Comment

AW: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

There is no need for JB kernels, the lock was never in the leaked JB sources. Loads of custom kernels are available for JB.
              Are you sure? As fare as I remember I tried patching JB stock kernel without success?

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Originally posted by Pihkal View Post
                Hi D33,

I'm wondering if you know what GPU frequencies between 600Mhz and 798Mhz are valid ones?

Any ideas on why it isn't using 699Mhz as it's maximum frequency?
                The difference between 600 and above is pretty much zero. I wouldn't waste time if I were you. However, if you want to push then just try 698-699-700 until one works!

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
                  Are you sure? As fare as I remember I tried patching JB stock kernel without success?

JDfense --->I8160
                  Stock JB kernels produced AFTER T was introduced to market have the lock but we have sources from BEFORE. So stock JB kernels are locked but any custom kernel will not be.

Donate to Finless

Comment

The difference between 600 and above is pretty much zero. I wouldn't waste time if I were you. However, if you want to push then just try 698-699-700 until one works!
                    OK, thanks for the advice.
                    I figured since it was a huge boost when the GPU was set to 600Mhz instead of 450Mhz, it would be the same improvement if I could run it at 700Mhz.

Thanks again.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by jacobsson View Post
                      Hi everybody!
                      I just want to confirm that the AP6210_HD_v207 -Kernel works good for my CX-919 (non-T):
                      + 1.8GHz
                      + 1080P
                      + 22096 Atuntu score

- Bluetooth is significantly weaker than stock rom
                      Hi Jacobson, can you open up your CX 919 and show us images of where you soldered the fan and also did you have any support for mounting the fan?

That Antutu score is amazing !!
                      Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                      CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                      GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by ynot123 View Post
                        It seems all kernels above 2.07 will not boot on mk802iv. Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue. 2.07 works well and even the patched O/C versions work. Something from 2.08 and on is causing no boot on MK802IV (Well at least mine, grrr.).

Any ideas out there. Tried the patched versions as well including stock settings.
                        It could be the bootloader. For my CX 919 II, 2.08 bootloader included in the Finless KK ROM was not working. I used the latest bootloader 2.13 and then it booted up.
                        Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                        CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                        GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Latest kernel running good on my mk908ii t model, overclocked to 1608/600/800 - antutu scores around 19500 (SD), rom feels snappy with no lags, cifs manager still not working - empty folder in esfileexplorer - device busy when going back to cifs manager. Thanks D33

Comment

Originally posted by marko33 View Post
                            Latest kernel running good on my mk908ii t model, overclocked to 1608/600/800 - antutu scores around 19500 (SD), rom feels snappy with no lags, cifs manager still not working - empty folder in esfileexplorer - device busy when going back to cifs manager. Thanks D33
                            For those reporting CIFs errors I cannot do anything unless you post DMESG and report what you see. Command line obviously would be the best but I accept not everyone can do that.

Best would be to boot up and mount CIFs straight away so that I don't see any random stuff.

Donate to Finless

Comment

AW: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Stock JB kernels produced AFTER T was introduced to market have the lock but we have sources from BEFORE. So stock JB kernels are locked but any custom kernel will not be.
                              That's clear, but kernels from old stock do not boot on the model T. Then why should old custom kernels work for model T. I found so far none.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Well I just tested 1.6/600/800 and it works amazingly well, even running from USB power from a TV.

Epic Citadel is hitting 38fps at 1080p, XBMC is running well over 60fps, often hitting the high 70's.

Beyond XBMC sadly doesn't decode via GPU, so have to use a Gotham (which seems to limit fps to just over 30fps which is absolutely fine, as it seems to render it differently so it is much more smoother).

Overall however, you can't match this performance on any JB rom for users with T kernels, gets nowhere near it, regardless of what rom or custom kernel. So thanks for all involved, the performance after this kernel has to be very close to a non T version now.

Truthfully, I would rather use a JB rom, as it has rkremote and supports Beyond XBMC, but at least we have some options now.
                                Currently Using:
                                2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                                Retired Devices:
                                MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Working...
                                X