This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I do not understand completely...
    Can I use one of these kernels for my MK908II (possibly T)?

Comment

Originally posted by Geitje View Post
      Well, I do not understand completely...
      Can I use one of these kernels for my MK908II (possibly T)?
      These are the best kernels to use with any currently available kitkat rom , i suggest to use Bobs a928 rom with D33 v3 ap6210 kernel, may need Bobs modified boot.img

Comment

D33 and fellow forumers,

I've been flashing different combination of kernel_AP6330_v310 on my Tronsmart A928 which has the T chip.

I found one which i like as i doesn't oc the cpu and gpu much. It is CPU 1704, GPU 798 and DDR stock. The antutu score on this is 18978 and can run apps fine. However, there's an issue where if i leave the box running for hours while the tv is off, when i go back and turn on my tv, there's no signal. I can turn off the box and boot it up however the video signal will not got back.

second one i want to be able to run is cpu1800, gpu 798 and DDR stock. This one boots up but antutu closes and other apps force closes. not sure what to check. can you let me know how to troubleshoot this?

i have a 3a adapter that i can use to replace the stock 2a. i also have a 80mm fan blowing to the box right now. i can mod the box and attach a heatsink too, if necessary.

Please let me know what i should do to make either of the two kernels stable.

Thanks!
        Last edited by peekeesh; 03-31-2014, 05:24.

Comment

Originally posted by peekeesh View Post
          D33 and fellow forumers,

I've been flashing different combination of kernel_AP6330_v310 on my Tronsmart A928 which has the T chip.
          Please let me know what i should do to make either of the two kernels stable.

Thanks!
          1. DDR overclock makes more impact than CPU/GPU
          2. It seems you cannot hold 1.8 stable so don't use.
          3. I'd suggest 1.7 CPU 720 DDR 600 GPU
          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Thanks for your reply d33.. so to generate that kernel, i'd have to modify the overclockomatic script, correct?

like:

"gpu798h" =>
            [
            [1100000, 400000],
            [1250000, 600000],
            [1375000, 798000],
            ],
            );

to

"gpu600h" =>
            [
            [1100000, 400000],
            [1250000, 600000],
            ],
            );

Comment

Originally posted by marko33 View Post
              These are the best kernels to use with any currently available kitkat rom , i suggest to use Bobs a928 rom with D33 v3 ap6210 kernel, may need Bobs modified boot.img
              Hi,

if you flash Bob's A928 KK ROM the modified boot.img isn't needed, it boots fine from the boot.img that's included with the ROM.

I must say it's the best ROM/Kernel combo I've tried so far is Bob's A928 ROM + D33's v300 kernel (T in my case).

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by peekeesh View Post
                Thanks for your reply d33.. so to generate that kernel, i'd have to modify the overclockomatic script, correct?

like:

"gpu798h" =>
                [
                [1100000, 400000],
                [1250000, 600000],
                [1375000, 798000],
                ],
                );

to

"gpu600h" =>
                [
                [1100000, 400000],
                [1250000, 600000],
                ],
                );
                That looks OK, I've more or less done the same thing except that I've also added a low power GPU setting to the GPU profile (200 Mhz) and added 816 Mhz and 1000 Mhz to the CPU profile, no need for it to run at 12OO Mhz all the time.
                I've also tweaked the interactive governor, it ramps up to 1400 Mhz when over 50% CPU load, if still above 50% at 1400 Mhz it ramps up to 1800 Mhz and stays there for at least 5 seconds.

It's pretty snappy and the heatsink is actually a lot cooler during normal operation.

Regards

Comment

Now that the GPU is patching correctly, you don't need to modify the script, as patching to 'stock' would mean 600mhz.

It seems most, if not all T chipsets should be able to run at 1.6ghz/600GPU/720DDR.

Some people can run the CPU at 1.8ghz, some people can run their DDR at 800mhz. My device seems to run fine at 800mhz but is too unstable at 1.8ghz, if I had the choice I would take the faster DDR.

I haven't seen however, anyone who has got the GPU higher, might play around at some point to see the max I can run on it.

Thanks to whoever mentioned the Finless 4.4 firmware, seems much better than the one I'm running so will try that out.
                  Currently Using:
                  2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                  Retired Devices:
                  MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by marko33 View Post
                    Latest kernel running good on my mk908ii t model, overclocked to 1608/600/800 - antutu scores around 19500 (SD), rom feels snappy with no lags, cifs manager still not working - empty folder in esfileexplorer - device busy when going back to cifs manager. Thanks D33
                    on my nexus 7 with Kitkat I have above problem with SuperSU, I installed superuser from Cyanogenmod and cifs working again (dont forget to uninstall SuperSU)
                    CS918(old wifi)+Air Mouse ea-01
                    Out: TV LG HDMI (1 day a week AV out Samsung Tv)
                    CX919(wifi ap6210)+Mele F10
                    Out: TV LG HDMI

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                      Hi Jacobson, can you open up your CX 919 and show us images of where you soldered the fan and also did you have any support for mounting the fan?

That Antutu score is amazing !!
                      Hi buddy!
                      Of course, here you go:

As you can see the red wire is 5V=pin1_left and white is GND=pin4_right (white is connected to blue wire on fan and red to red), I also added some resistors in parallel to get rid of some fan noise. Will probably change that for a trimpot, so that I can run at full blast if I get some OC going for the CPU, MEM and GPU.

EDIT: sorry for disgusting thumb =)
                      Last edited by jacobsson; 03-31-2014, 11:04.

Comment

Can I use version 3.1 also for TV sticks? As it says TV boxes.

And would it help the temperature/heating of the device if I left the boxing/case off?

I really appreciate your work d33. My device J22/CX919-II is getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by roooii View Post
                          Can I use version 3.1 also for TV sticks? As it says TV boxes.

And would it help the temperature/heating of the device if I left the boxing/case off?

I really appreciate your work d33. My device J22/CX919-II is getting better and better.
                          If you have a TV stick, flash the TV Stick version
                          If you have a TV Box, flash the TV Box version

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                            If you have a TV stick, flash the TV Stick version
                            If you have a TV Box, flash the TV Box version
                            Thanks for your fast response.

Edit: I do have one more question regarding T-version and non-T-versions. What is the difference between these two versions, since T-versions are overclockable above 1.4ghz nowadays? In the Blacklist post on the forum it seemed that T-versions were not overclockable.
                            Last edited by roooii; 03-31-2014, 12:40.

Comment

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post
                              Now that the GPU is patching correctly, you don't need to modify the script, as patching to 'stock' would mean 600mhz.

It seems most, if not all T chipsets should be able to run at 1.6ghz/600GPU/720DDR.

Some people can run the CPU at 1.8ghz, some people can run their DDR at 800mhz. My device seems to run fine at 800mhz but is too unstable at 1.8ghz, if I had the choice I would take the faster DDR.

I haven't seen however, anyone who has got the GPU higher, might play around at some point to see the max I can run on it.

Thanks to whoever mentioned the Finless 4.4 firmware, seems much better than the one I'm running so will try that out.
                              Flashing anything other then stock DDR results in no boot on my device. Perhaps mine is finicky.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                                Flashing anything other then stock DDR results in no boot on my device. Perhaps mine is finicky.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
                                Increase voltage?

Check PLL and leakage figures in DMESG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                                X