X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geitje View Post
    Big thanks for these kernels!
    3 questions:

1: Can I overclock just by trying which kernel does boot, or is heating also an issue? I tried to OC my MK908II to 1.6, it worked, but it became really hot. Is this a problem, or can I brick it by overheating?

2: I tried to remove the heatsink by heating with an hairdryer, but could not get it done. I mailed Geekbuying, hope they can tell if I have a T-version. Can I find out by flashing? I mean: will a T-kernel work on a non-T chip and vice versa?

3: I have visual flickering/glitches in the ROM. I've read this is a known bug, but could not find if any solution has been posted? (it might be ROM-related).
    1. If it gets too hot then I personally wouldn't OC.
    2. If you flash one of my kernels and look in the DMESG for "D33info" you will see what CPU you have.
    3. Someone posted that setting lcdc1 to 1.8v fixes flicker. All my kernels are set to 1.8v but people still report flicker
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
      Thx for ur answer and where i can find the stock voltage of cpu, gpu and ddr? Do u have a link for me?

Thx in advance

Edit: I know in kk beta source as u said but is it somewhere written?
      board-rk3188-sdk.c

But easier is to get a stock kernel and run overclockomatic on it. It dumps all the values for you
      Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
      Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
      Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
      Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
      CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
      Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
      RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

I totally wasted my day trying these new kernels and overclocks . I ended up returning to version 2 of the kernels.

d33 or anyone else, could you tell me why version 3 of the kernel sometimes boots and sometimes shows "No Display" on any of my monitors? First I thought it could be the usb powersupply, but switching to the netadapter didn't change. I would like to get the max out of my sticks, but I can not even get this stock version 3 kernel working.

I own two j22/cx919-ii with t-version cpu's (unfortunately).

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
          3. Someone posted that setting lcdc1 to 1.8v fixes flicker. All my kernels are set to 1.8v but people still report flicker
          I can also confirm that the 1.8v flickers on one of my tv's. The other TV shows no flickering.

Comment

Originally posted by roooii View Post
            I totally wasted my day trying these new kernels and overclocks . I ended up returning to version 2 of the kernels.

d33 or anyone else, could you tell me why version 3 of the kernel sometimes boots and sometimes shows "No Display" on any of my monitors? First I thought it could be the usb powersupply, but switching to the netadapter didn't change. I would like to get the max out of my sticks, but I can not even get this stock version 3 kernel working.

I own two j22/cx919-ii with t-version cpu's (unfortunately).
            I have the same issue on my cx 919 II, im using 3.10 atm. Maybe the kernel acts like that because its for tv boxes? On the other hand i ask myself why is the j22 under tv boxes. Its a bit confusing cause j22 are only tv sticks.
            Or my issue came after overclocking the 3.10 kernel. I have to test and find out.

Even after flashing the stockkernel the stick will not reboot, im using androidtool 2.1. Normally the stick reboots after every flash
            cx-919ii

Comment

One of the reason why I return to JB was the strange behavior of hdmi output. Whatever I set display scale, on startup the image was little bit bigger than it go back to scale preset after airpin start. When I switch my hdmi selector for other device I never been able to go back to stick (black screen).
              T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Ok. After testing the kernel 3.00 and 3.10 j22 both have the same problem. My stick wont boot, when i plugin my usb cable into the usb port. To make my stick boot i have to plug in and plug out the usb cable more times until it boots.

D33 mate, we need a fix. And i said it twice, this picture http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.p...0&d=1367249865 shows the google tv in the middle of the screen 720p SD kernel as it should be.
                But in ur SD kernel the google tv is much smaller and in the left upper corner of the tv. For example like this
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_76401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	433403
                cx-919ii

Comment

D33,
                  I've decided to go on my experiments and flashed wasser's KK rernel from his ROM(firmware-wasser-0.92-4.4.2).
                  Onboard LAN chip(RTL8201F) works with his kernel, but just in case when wifi is switched off manually in setting menu.
                  Here is the DMESG
                  dmesg_kernel-k-r42-new.txt
                  Don't know whether it helps?
                  CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                  CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                  K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                    No, these are d33s kernels with overclocking enabled. Pick your configuration of hardware then in each archive is a plethora of overclock options for each kernel.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
                    Thanks noderat! I will try them out tonight.
                    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                    CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                    GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Ok. After testing the kernel 3.00 and 3.10 j22 both have the same problem. My stick wont boot, when i plugin my usb cable into the usb port. To make my stick boot i have to plug in and plug out the usb cable more times until it boots.

D33 mate, we need a fix. And i said it twice, this picture http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.p...0&d=1367249865 shows the google tv in the middle of the screen 720p SD kernel as it should be.
                      But in ur SD kernel the google tv is much smaller and in the left upper corner of the tv. For example like this
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]5988[/ATTACH]
                      I can confirm I have had this issue on my a928 on occasion when I was trying to use 1.7ghz. I have not had issues with 1.6GHz.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Same happens to my GM282 (Cx9191I) even after setting Max CPU as 1.6 GHz. If I shutdown with the Reboot, same thing happens. Also, last night, I went to dinner and keeping it on. When I returned, the TV was showing "No Signal" and had to plugout/plugin multiple times to get it to boot.

The TV stick was not hot either.
                        Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                        CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                        GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                          Whoops! Okay guys I shouldn't do work at 4am. It's fixed now.
                          Hi dude, check #453 for results!

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Comment

Max One
                            i had the problem with booting with ROM Tronsmart A928 KitKat 4.4.2 Finless 2.0 ROM
                            but now i use T428 KitKat Finless ROM 2.0 and it boots every time and it's fast
                            21.000 antutu....

Comment

Had some random reboots so backed off on the overclock, still rebooting so re installed a928 rom, seems to have fixed the rebooting problem, still got some problems with hdmi, rebooting rom or recovery quite often results in no signal on tv, think its booted just not showing anything on the screen, have to disconnect power a few times before i get a signal again, overclocked again now 1600/600/720 but stable, just watched a 1080p movie followed by an hour on dead trigger. no reboots or crashes - MK908II / Finless a928 / D33 v300 sd-t oc.
                              think it may be due to the lcdc voltage causing the no signal over hdmi

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                                Same happens to my GM282 (Cx9191I) even after setting Max CPU as 1.6 GHz. If I shutdown with the Reboot, same thing happens. Also, last night, I went to dinner and keeping it on. When I returned, the TV was showing "No Signal" and had to plugout/plugin multiple times to get it to boot.

The TV stick was not hot either.
                                Glad to hear that more people with CX919-ii are experiencing boot problems with stock kernel version 3.0 and 3.1.

Comment

Working...
                                X