X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Work!

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    I've taken the stock source, which has code to switch between T and non-T CPUs and converted it to make two dedicated kernels.

Version 3.1 (TV Boxes)
    • RK1000 Audio support fixed
    • RK100 TV out support added

AP6210
    AP6210-J22
    AP6330
    RTL8188

MT7601 (wifi only) test

Version 3.0 (TV Sticks)
    • GPU overide now possible
    • DDR override fixed

AP6210

AP6210-J22
    AP6330
    RTL8188EU

Hello D33,

Thank you for the update. I have tested Version 3.0 for my GB Tronsmart MK908ii 'T' model. I was very happy with version 2.07 as it finally got my chip to 1.6Ghz with overclockomatic patch. I'm happy to say that version 3.0 is also running using overclockomatic at 1.6Ghz and I have now also improved the GPU and DDR for an improved Antutu score of 18866 from 17715. It's not running overly hot, and performance is great. Sound works perfectly and I have WiFi.

Is there any need for me to test version 3.1? It seems like it doesn't do anything for my system.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
    Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

Awsome D33 This will save everyone alot of time and work. Thank you adding the fixes.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Wow, great job D33!

Running cpu@1800, GPU@600 and RAM@720 using SD-t-kernel and scoring 20729 Antutu points.
        However CIFS still isn't working, CIFS manager shows the share as mounted but the mount point is empty but that's not a huge problem for me.

I'm wondering why this chip got labeled as a T, clearly it's a winner thanks to your kernel!

Thanks a million!

Greets.

Comment

Hi

Can someone build JB 4.2 Kernels?

Not all RK3188 devices boot correctly with Bob's KitKat roms and there is also no wifi support for lots of devices on KitKat roms, since there are system files needed to also make wifi work, not just kernels.
          With JB kernels people will be able to use their stock roms with working wifi.
          Only changes needed are a stable config file for a base and the 1.8v fix for flickering screens at the moment
          Here is a stable RK3188 kernel source - https://github.com/phjanderson/Kernel-3188

If anyone is willing to also support JB, that will help a lot of users.

I tried 'a928_4.4.2_kk_finless20' with MT7601_v310 test kernel but it gives boot loops and flickering boot issues and no signal problems.

With 'CX-919 4.4.2 Finless 2.0 BETA' and MT7601_v310 kernel I can actually boot to Android but in 'settings' wifi is set to off and diasbled, can't even turn it to on(greyed out). If I replace libhardware_lagacy.so in KitKat with the one from Android 4.2 stock rom, I can set wifi to on but after 2 seconds it jumps back to off.

If someone can compile libhardware_legacy.so,netd & wpa_supplicant from Android 4.4 KitKat source code with the patches from Rockchip on github/roondar and replace those 3 files in one of bob's KitKat roms and use one of the compiled KitKat kernels in this OP then wifi will work.
          Other wifi patches for JB
          Contribute to roondar/wiki-rockchip development by creating an account on GitHub.

Unfortunately I can't get the Android 4.4 sources to compile correctly.
          If anyone else got the Android sources compiled even if it didn't boot please help.

I already got the kernel compiled successfully, but need the above 3 system files also to make MT7601 KitKat wifi to work.

d33 Anyway to make your KitKat config more compatible for JB, https://github.com/phjanderson/Kernel-3188 then people can use your config and apply the wifi patches themselves and use the kernel with their stock JB rom?

Comment

Hi d33,
            I'm going on to test your nice kernels with my K-R42(whose specification is second in my signature below).
            After my test of V3.0 kernel_AP6210_HD_CIFS for STICK yesterday, I've tried to flash today your kernel_RTL8188_HD_v3.10 for BOX. Wifi works but there isn't support of Ethernet(internal chip) and sound via HDMI doesn't work too. External Ethernet to USB adapter works for both stick(V3.0) and box(V3.1) kernels.
            Would you be so kind to do something with it?
            Let me know, please if you need any dmesg or/and logcat outputs.
            Kind regards
            CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
            CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
            K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Can a few people try this and see if you get similar errors?

AP6210 V3.10
              Strange thing happen. The version above made the boot trouble, but the one in the first post works fine. Could they be different or I had an issue in my setup.
              3.1 Kernel is stable like 2.07 before for the cs968 with the old limitations ethernet, sdcard manual mounting, needed power supply trick.
              Okay, the kernel is fine for testing overclocking with the new choices.

I report back, how fare my 'Model-T-3000' will come.

Good work.

JDfense

Comment

I will release another full suite of rkpatchomatic_kk kernels tonight when I get off from work @ about midnight MST

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

d33, Thanks for your hard work and the updated, unlocked kernels for 3188T owners! I am running ap6210-HD-T-v300 kernel overclocked to cpu1.7/ ddr 720 /gpu798 and am getting 19550 in Antutu using bob's KK a928 rom on my Tronsmart CX-919 version 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                    I will release another full suite of rkpatchomatic_kk kernels tonight when I get off from work @ about midnight MST

Thank you, it is good to have the support. A team is better than an individual
                    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Thank you, it is good to have the support. A team is better than an individual
                      Absolutely. I have to patch them anyway since as of my last shipment I have 9 different rk3188/t devices I'm playing with all with different stability points.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                        Hi d33,
                        I'm going on to test your nice kernels with my K-R42(whose specification is second in my signature below)... Wifi works but there isn't support of Ethernet(internal chip) and sound via HDMI doesn't work too. External Ethernet to USB adapter works for both stick(V3.0) and box(V3.1) kernels.
                        Stock DMESG and DMESG from my kernel required.
                        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Overclockomatic Goodness for v3.x

Here's the full suite compressed up and ready for everybody. Interestingly enough they are actually smaller than d33's original zip (thank goodness for 7zip). Big thanks to d33 for his amazing work!

Last edited by noderat; 04-20-2014, 11:54.

Comment

Oh wow, GPU overclock is working now?

Outstanding work

Edit: Seems ram issues have also been sorted? as mention previously I found no difference in patching frequencies via rkpatchomatic so will be good to test out finally.
                            Currently Using:
                            2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                            Retired Devices:
                            MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post
                              Oh wow, GPU overclock is working now?

Outstanding work

Edit: Seems ram issues have also been sorted? as mention previously I found no difference in patching frequencies via rkpatchomatic so will be good to test out finally.
                              Actually DDR overclock causes my a928 to not boot (edit: and act possessed for about 15 minutes even after flashing back to ddrstock) but that may just be my particular 3188-T and RAM combo.
                              Last edited by noderat; 03-30-2014, 12:44.

Comment

how can i overclock the gpu ?

Comment

Working...
                                X