Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best XBMC Version ( Beyond XBMC) For Rockchip RK3066/RK3188 Android TV Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best XBMC Version ( Beyond XBMC) For Rockchip RK3066/RK3188 Android TV Boxes

First i want to say thank you for the APK Developer Flumpster, i just get a time to test this apk ,and find it is really good for the hardware decoding in this XBMC version in the hot selling RK3188/RK3066 Android TV BOXES.

so what is is Beyond XBMC?
    It is a special version of XBMC, and first design for rockchip device, but later, people find it also can use on allwinner and other chips. but rockchip works best in my best.

Where i can get this apk?

original download link
    mirror download link

How to install?

Just install it like any other APK now with whatever build.prop you like. It takes a long time on first run (about 2 minutes) while it sets everything up. The screen will go black and then it will go thru a few backgrounds, Just wait it out. It will launch normally after the first time.

If you find that the Interface it too slow on your device then go to Skin Settings and under “General” click on “Enable Minimum Specifications Settings”.

Where we need this?

well, i have tested this apk the whole day yesterday, as we all know, expect the Minix products, all of the other rockchip device can’t support XBMC Hardware Decoding, means when you play 1080p videos on XBMC,it will have lags, and play blu ray videos is almost impossible. however, with this Great Beyond XBMC version, it can play 1080p video smoothly on XBMC built-in player, i have tested the 13.0 gotham beta version,it also can’t have good performance like this beyond xbmc version.

I strongly recommend you guys to use this version and solve the XBMC problem if you have.

Enjoy, and thanks again to Flumpster, you guys really did a great job!!!

Eric
    Geekbuying

Source from:
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Just a note to people to who want to use this.

You will not get GPU decoding if you use KK. You will have to use a Gotham beta build and set the audio to sync manually.

Works great on JB roms, but if you have a T kernel you're better off using Gotham and using d33's kernel for faster GPU performance.
    Currently Using:
    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
    Retired Devices:
    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Nice share.. Thanks OP

Comment

Working...
      X