Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM Download] Official Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware For RK3188T TV BOX and TV Sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM Download] Official Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware For RK3188T TV BOX and TV Sticks

HI guys:

Rockchip release the official android 4.4 firmware for their tv box and tv stickes, today, we just get this firmware, it is special for the tv box which use AP6210 wifi module. If your tv box/sticks don’t use this module, please don’t flash, you will lose your wifi and bluetooth, please note!

We have tried this on MK908II and MK809III with AP6210, both can work well, please help to test more models, and report back.

The official firmware has fixed some bugs in the beta android 4.4 firmware, please flash and check.

One problem i find in this firmware is there is NO Google apps ( play store, gmail, google play service) preinstalled, It’s really sucks, don’t know why rockchip remove those in this official update, but i know we can add this by ourselves. I still tried to figure out how to install that by myself, if you know how to fix that, please leave message here. ok, here we go:

Firmware Download Link
    password is geekbuying.com

ROM is not rooted, and you should root by yourself. Here i recommend you a easy root method, download the root tool here:
    http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot

Run and install this tool in your PC and go to your tv box setting, and open the “USB Debug” setting, and just click Get root button, this tool will help you to get root. easily.

ROM is still base on 720p. and we are working with the developer,and will release the 1080p version soon.

The total performance of Android 4.4 Kitkat has been improved a lot than the Jelly Bean Android 4.2. It has less boot time, and system is much steady and fast.

Enjoy!
    Screenshot:

Some hot selling TV BOX/Sticks with AP6210 recommended:
    1. Tronsmart MK908II

2. CX-919

3. MK809III

4. MK918

Source from: http://bit.ly/1giWLIB
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Great news!
    What kernel version in final Kitkat?

Comment

I have just looked at the files from the image, rkremote is back so that already makes it the best 4.4 rom
      Currently Using:
      2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
      Retired Devices:
      MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuyi:-)ng View Post
        HI guys:

Rockchip release the official android 4.4 firmware for their tv box and tv stickes, today, we just get this firmware, it is special for the tv box which use AP6210 wifi module. If your tv box/sticks don’t use this module, please don’t flash, you will lose your wifi and bluetooth, please note!

We have tried this on MK908II and MK809III with AP6210, both can work well, please help to test more models, and report back.

The official firmware has fixed some bugs in the beta android 4.4 firmware, please flash and check.

One problem i find in this firmware is there is NO Google apps ( play store, gmail, google play service) preinstalled, It’s really sucks, don’t know why rockchip remove those in this official update, but i know we can add this by ourselves. I still tried to figure out how to install that by myself, if you know how to fix that, please leave message here. ok, here we go:

Firmware Download Link
        password is geekbuying.com

ROM is not rooted, and you should root by yourself. Here i recommend you a easy root method, download the root tool here:
        http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot

Run and install this tool in your PC and go to your tv box setting, and open the “USB Debug” setting, and just click Get root button, this tool will help you to get root. easily.

ROM is still base on 720p. and we are working with the developer,and will release the 1080p version soon.

The total performance of Android 4.4 Kitkat has been improved a lot than the Jelly Bean Android 4.2. It has less boot time, and system is much steady and fast.

Enjoy!
        Screenshot:

Some hot selling TV BOX/Sticks with AP6210 recommended:
        1. Tronsmart MK908II

2. CX-919

3. MK809III

4. MK918

Source from: http://bit.ly/1giWLIB
        Edit and The MK902.
        :-)

And the MK902!
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Come somebody check to see if this has audio device selection support?

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Yes, we played with this yesterday. No sound on my TV Box or a number of the devs here. Mainly because the kernel provided has support for an ES8323 codec (usually found in tablets) compiled in which clashes. It plays vdeo okay (but without sound on my device), desktop is 1280x720.

When I substituted one of my kernels sound works but videos play with a black screen. If I amend video.overlay to 0 (set to 1) I get video playback but quality is awful.

So, it needs work

Eric, if you get us the source code from the developers we'll build a proper one

Here is the ROM hosted locally and split into components to selectively flash for those that know what they're doing

Stock DMESG
            My kernel DMESG
            Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
            Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
            Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
            Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
            CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
            Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
            RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Get us the full source and I'll work on a CM11 build which I just can't get to boot currently without more of the kitkat source.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

This causes the lack of sound:

<3>[ 1.553862] i2c i2c-4: No ack, Maybe slave(addr: 0x10) not exist or abnormal power-on, retry 2...
                <3>[ 1.554138] i2c i2c-4: No ack, Maybe slave(addr: 0x10) not exist or abnormal power-on, retry 1...
                <3>[ 1.554406] i2c i2c-4: No ack, Maybe slave(addr: 0x10) not exist or abnormal power-on, retry 0...
                <4>[ 1.554464] es8323 probe error
                <4>[ 1.554496] ES8323: probe of 4-0010 failed with error -11

All the T kernel locks are in place:

<6>[ 1.754219] ddrfreq: normal 456MHz video 0MHz video_low 0MHz dualview 0MHz idle 0MHz suspend 198MHz reboot 222MHz
                <6>[ 1.755077] ddrfreq: change freq to 445 MHz when normal
                <4>[ 10.020484] Mali: mali freq table :Mali: 128,Mali: 179,Mali: 223,Mali: 297,Mali: 297,Mali: 446,Mali:

Actually there are a couple of other extraneous drivers loaded and conflicting. Cameras usually found in tablets:

<3>[ 3.341266] ov5640_front_3(rk_cam_sensor:163): write reg(0x3008, val:0x80) failed, try to write again!
                <3>[ 3.341330] ov5640_front_3(rk_cam_sensor:379): write array failed!
                <3>[ 3.341371] ov5640_front_3(rk_cam_sensor:685): soft reset failed
                <3>[ 3.801284] ov5640_front_3(rk_cam_sensor:329): read reg(0x300a val:0x0) failed, try to read again!
                <3>[ 3.801416] ov5640_front_3(rk_cam_sensor:712): read chip id failed
                <3>[ 3.831905] camera 33-0-ov5640_front_3: Probe ov5640_front_3 failed
                <3>[ 4.341329] gc2035_front_4(rk_cam_sensor:163): write reg(0xfe, val:0x50) failed, try to write again!
                <3>[ 4.781283] gc2035_front_4(rk_cam_sensor:163): write reg(0xfe, val:0x50) failed, try to write again!
                <3>[ 5.221293] gc2035_front_4(rk_cam_sensor:163): write reg(0xfe, val:0x50) failed, try to write again!
                <3>[ 5.221426] gc2035_front_4(rk_cam_sensor:379): write array failed!
                <3>[ 5.221519] gc2035_front_4(rk_cam_sensor:685): soft reset failed
                <3>[ 5.681244] gc2035_front_4(rk_cam_sensor:329): read reg(0xf0 val:0x0) failed, try to read again!
                <3>[ 5.681313] gc2035_front_4(rk_cam_sensor:712): read chip id failed
                <3>[ 5.711545] camera 33-1-gc2035_front_4: Probe gc2035_front_4 failed

Getting suspicious on the source of this?

Donate to Finless

Comment

Wow that looks like they took a tablet ROM and patched it with a new kernel to me.

Comment

[ROM Download] Official Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware For RK3188T TV BOX and TV...

Well I see no tv out or spdif support but it IS a new ROM which is great news.

Thanks to Erik for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

I plugged in a USB audio device and settings picked it up but still now sound.

I am going to use D33 kernels and see if I can fix the video! My bet is bad drivers and codecs. I will see if I can pull those out of the older BETA KK and get this to work decent.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: [ROM Download] Official Android 4.4 KitKat Firmware For RK3188T TV BOX and TV Sticks

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        I plugged in a USB audio device and settings picked it up but still now sound.

I am going to use D33 kernels and see if I can fix the video! My bet is bad drivers and codecs. I will see if I can pull those out of the older BETA KK and get this to work decent.

Bob
                        Wonder if the built in mic with the a928 would be picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                          Yes, we played with this yesterday. No sound on my TV Box or a number of the devs here. Mainly because the kernel provided has support for an ES8323 codec (usually found in tablets) compiled in which clashes. It plays vdeo okay (but without sound on my device), desktop is 1280x720.

When I substituted one of my kernels sound works but videos play with a black screen. If I amend video.overlay to 0 (set to 1) I get video playback but quality is awful.

So, it needs work

Eric, if you get us the source code from the developers we'll build a proper one

Here is the ROM hosted locally and split into components to selectively flash for those that know what they're doing

Stock DMESG
                          My kernel DMESG
                          Hey D33, on my MK908-ii (6210) I cant get this KK to boot with any of your kernels. It hangs on the google TV logo in your kernel? I tried 3.0 and 3.1 versions.

I am going to switch to my A928 and 6330 kernels and see if it will work.

Bob

Comment

Weird man!

Never seen loader.bin do such things! But something is odd.

D33, your kernels work with the loader this ROM came with 2.10. But I was using loader 2.13 and you kernels will not boot with it! The stock kernel boot with loader 2.13 and 2.10 but yours wont boot with 2.13.

Wondering if its the metadata partition since people report 2.13 works with Jelly Bean which doesn't have this partition.

Also, with loader 2.10 and your kernels the system is laggy as hell which is why you saw such choppy video. Heck you can see how laggy mouse movements are with your kernel, this KK ROM, and loader 2.10. I think again the loader issue is the metadata partition thing nothing more.

More investigation needed here for sure.

Bob

Comment

Dis they changed partition layout?..
                              Here is another preview for kitkat build from the KK SDK for radxa rock test platform :radxa_rock_kk_update
                              I did compare the two firmware and they are the same only difference is on kernel. As loader it use 2.10.
                              I own a minix neo x7 and I haven't tested any of them. If I will dare to test this what can go wrong?.. beside wifi and bluetooth?.. I would be able to go back to stock?..

L.E.
                              Here I found the info:http://radxa.com/2014/03/25/android-...#disqus_thread

Comment

Working...
                              X