No announcement yet.

Rockchip RK3188-T/RK3188 Quad Core vs Rockchip RK3066 Dual Core based sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockchip RK3188-T/RK3188 Quad Core vs Rockchip RK3066 Dual Core based sticks

I've been contemplating getting a Android TV stick but am uncertain about which type of chip provides the best experience. It looks to me that the RK3188 was defective so Rockchip secretly made RK3188-T but then firmware hackers ran into problems with the newer chip. And with most vendors you can't be sure what you're getting more so with the popular Tronsmart devices having like 5 versions of the same model with different chips. Though at this point it's probably safe to say it will be a RK3188-T.

And further when people review the highly rated devices such as the Tronsmart CX-919 or the Rickomagic MK802IV are they speaking for the RK3188 model or the RK3188-T. This just gets confusing very quickly sine most review probably happened before anyone found out about the T model.

While the RK3066 seems to be relatively problem free but with slightly less performance, older firmware and ended support from OEMs and Rockchip.

So which one will provide the better experience?

My use cases:
    Netflix
    Watching video files from a flash drive
    Ethernet USB Adapter
    Mele F10 Pro

Buy a x7 from minix or wait for the new s802 or even RK 3288 soc
    I help with 4GD663269M466950W
    And you ????
    --
    My devices:
    Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
    Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

Working...
    X