Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked CS918 .. Help me please

Hi everybody,

I am new to mini pc tv boxes. I got my CS918 few days ago to play Xbmc on it. I realized that I need to root it to get the best of it, and I managed to do last night. Today in the morning I turned it on, it was working perfectly then, out of the sudden it just blacked out and restarted only to stuck at the "android" boot screen. No matter what I tried to do the result was NOTHING.

Now, I screw opened the box it's a RK3188_box_szy_x6 v1_0 131024. Tried to press the underneath recovery button with the OTG port pluged to my laptop method but, I got nothing as my laptop can't recognize the device and keep giving me an "USB device not recognized" with the red LED on.

I don't know what else I can do with it as I'm unable to flash anything to it or to start it normally.

Any input will be much appreciated
    Last edited by lazordy; 05-11-2014, 05:09. Reason: mistake

Hi
    On blog.geekbuying there is a tool for installing drivers in windows.. and flashtools

On freaktab.. i think there is a stock firmware for your unit

Update.. here is a stock
    Hi Guys: The reason i write this post is we are seeing so much questions, and problems which customer are faced for the following device: Well, this photo is coming from T-R42 model, but now, you can see in market a lot of other model use the same casing. you can’t tell the difference just […]

Question
    What tool did you use to root / brick your unit ?
    -i ask.. so others can learn from your miss-hape

Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
      Hi
      On blog.geekbuying there is a tool for installing drivers in windows.. and flashtools

On freaktab.. i think there is a stock firmware for your unit

Update.. here is a stock
      Hi Guys: The reason i write this post is we are seeing so much questions, and problems which customer are faced for the following device: Well, this photo is coming from T-R42 model, but now, you can see in market a lot of other model use the same casing. you can’t tell the difference just […]

Question
      What tool did you use to root / brick your unit ?
      -i ask.. so others can learn from your miss-hape

Goodluck
      Thank you mitchell for your reply.
      To answer your question .. I used Kingo to root my box but, had no problem doing so.

Now, I was able to unbrick my box by using an old laptop with win xp and was able to flash the stock rom from your link. The problem now, everything is working except the remote control. Is there any way to fix it with out the need to flash a new rom? BTW, I did try some of the available roms but most of them either have the lan or wifi not working or both .. that's bringing up the following question .. Is it the kernel or the rom itself ? And what is the stock kernel for this device..

Please guys everybody has a problem with this CS918 box come in and lets solve the problem now and forevef

Comment

Hi
        You need root.. access
        And probably need to edit rkxx-remotektl.kl file (there are a few posted at freaktab)
        What for remote do you have?

Comment

I think it's rooted now.

I don't know how to tell what is my remote control .. any way it's the IR remote that came with the device.

BTW, do you know how to fix the problem of being unable to turn on the box? As, when pressing the start button the red LED will turn on for 5 seconds then will turn off and the box won't boot at all.

Comment

Same problem

I have not looked at the internals of my CS918, but from the outside it looks very similar, and my device has the exact same symptoms. The box was never modified (as far as firware/ROM). It too suddenly stopped booting. It powers on, but then shuts off after a few seconds.

I did back up the firmware quite a while ago using rkflashkit. Now I am looking to see if I can get it back to a state where I can restore what I backed up.

Comment

Here is my remote file, (rkxx-remotectl.kl)
              i have the same remote..

Ps
              Its great to hear/read that someone took the time to make a fw backup

Code:
              #$_FOR_ROCKCHIP_RBOX_$
              #$_rbox_$_modify_$_chenzhi_20120220: add for IR remote

key 28    ENTER
              key 116   POWER             WAKE
              key 158   BACK              
              key 139   MENU         
              key 217   SEARCH             
              key 232   DPAD_CENTER       
              key 108   DPAD_DOWN         
              key 103   DPAD_UP           
              key 102   HOME              
              key 105   DPAD_LEFT         
              key 106   DPAD_RIGHT        
              key 115   VOLUME_UP
              key 114   VOLUME_DOWN
              key 143   NOTIFICATION      WAKE
              key 113   VOLUME_MUTE
              key 402   MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
              key 64    MEDIA_PLAY
              key 65    MEDIA_PAUSE
              key 66    MEDIA_STOP
              key 67    MEDIA_REWIND
              key 68    MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD
              #key 87    MEDIA_PREVIOUS
              #key 88    MEDIA_NEXT
              key 242   MEDIA_PREVIOUS
              key 241   MEDIA_NEXT
              key 2     1
              key 3     2
              key 4     3
              key 5     4
              key 6     5
              key 7     6
              key 8     7
              key 9     8
              key 10    9
              key 11    0
              #key 14    DEL
              key 111	  DEL
              key 57    BUTTON_9
              key 196   EXPLORER
              key 195   BUTTON_8
              key 194   BUTTON_7
              key 193   BUTTON_6
              key 388   TV_KEYMOUSE_MODE_SWITCH
              key 400   TV_MEDIA_MULT_BACKWARD
              key 401   TV_MEDIA_MULT_FORWARD

Comment

Originally posted by gemneye View Post
                Same problem

I have not looked at the internals of my CS918, but from the outside it looks very similar, and my device has the exact same symptoms. The box was never modified (as far as firware/ROM). It too suddenly stopped booting. It powers on, but then shuts off after a few seconds.

I did back up the firmware quite a while ago using rkflashkit. Now I am looking to see if I can get it back to a state where I can restore what I backed up.
                Can you give me a link for your firmware? Need it badly

Comment

I have bricked my android device ... I have opened the box and it says RK3188_BOX_SZY_X6 V1_0 131024. It has a Wi-Fi of ESP8089 and BT Mediatek MT6622N. I have tried different different fw's to flash but the Wi-Fi or Ethernet or BT does not work. Please provide me a stock FW to flash this box. I have checked all the links and all of them are broken. Please provide me a link for the FW for this device.

Comment

Working...
                  X