Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3188 MK 809 III Wifi problem

Hello,
    I flashed my android tv stick with a couple of ROMS (mostly Neomode) and all of them have a problem with wifi. It's not a weak signa, but the wifi switch is not working ( I cannot select ON, or I turn it ON but nothing happens) Does anyone else have this problem and how can i solve it?

If your wifi is the rtl8723bs chip, there is no help for that chip yet. There are many of us waiting patiently for a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by sudros View Post
      If your wifi is the rtl8723bs chip
      I didnt know that was the issue, how can i find out what type of chip i have. It doesnt say anything in it's specification.

Comment

You have to open the thing up The wifi chip is usually easy to see. On the side with the wire soldered on and most are AP chips now but lately it seems the ones being sold are RTL8723BS and no one has been able to help with that chip yet. We are waiting though. Someone is going to make one soon we hope.

Comment

I opened the stick and it says it's AP6330 wifi chip, which is even more confusing to me now

Comment

You, I think, are the first one to have that chip. Just have to find someone who can write a kernel for that chip now.

Comment

well dammit, i'll have to wait since i dont know anyone who can do this.

Comment

Hello,
                I have the same problem, I have flashed a lot of ROMS but the wifi doesn´t work with any of them. My chip is AP6210 and the model is MK 809 III. I don´t know what to do, I have probed with differents kernels.
                Any idea please?

Thanks

Comment

I've managed installing two of them with working wifi but the roms were bad and laggy. There is this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8well-most!%29 with kernels for AP6210/AP6330 but none of them worked perfectly with any rom. I've been trying for days after work and gave up. And also I'm a beginner in these things so it's twice as hard. I'll post a question for a working combination, maybe someone will be kind and help

Comment

Originally posted by sudros View Post
                    You have to open the thing up The wifi chip is usually easy to see. On the side with the wire soldered on and most are AP chips now but lately it seems the ones being sold are RTL8723BS and no one has been able to help with that chip yet. We are waiting though. Someone is going to make one soon we hope.
                    Found 4.2.2 at leas wifi works
                    RTL 8723BS
                    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Wow thnx this one does work!

Comment

Works fantastic. Even has the newest XBMC installed. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vbrus View Post
                          Found 4.2.2 at leas wifi works
                          RTL 8723BS
                          https://yadi.sk/d/V_nKeO2iSEFqC
                          Thanks a lot mate. But I've been having another problem and I'm stuck again.

Every time I try to flash this rom i get this message. I tried flashing other rom's with RKandroidtool and it doesn't work also. Is there a way to fix it or should I use a hammer

Comment

Don't use restore, use upgrade. It looks like the restore button is highlighted on the screen. I got it to work with upgrade.

Comment

i flash the mk809iv and no boot.... only show r-box....

Comment

Working...
                              X