Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with Tronsmart T1000, VSmart V5, Chromecast to force HDMI-out in 480p only! Working on Imito QX1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with Tronsmart T1000, VSmart V5, Chromecast to force HDMI-out in 480p only! Working on Imito QX1.

First, I would like to thank this Forum for the tremendous amount of excellent information. I used the Forum's guides and the Finless ROM to finally succeed in building a custom kernel for the Imito QX1 that by default always puts out 480p HDMI. It took me a couple of weeks for something that for some of you would have taken only a few minutes However, that's the fun part!

To the point:Where can I find/access to the right files in Tronsmart T1000, or VSmart V5, or Chromecast that I can modify to output only 480p HDMI (31Khz V-sync/60Hz V-sync) regardless what is connected to it? I could not find anything on the web on Tronsmart T1000, except a firmware .bin image that I was not able to disassemble. I think that the Chromecast source code was recently released, but how would I go about doing something like I did to the Imito QX1? Thank you for any advice/input!

Background: I have a native 800x480 mobile-LCD screen (and this is the only resolution it has) that only has an analog VGA input and won't sync with anything other than with 31Khz H-sync/60Hz V-sync. I use an "HDMI to VGA" converter that takes the 480p digital and converts to 640x480 analog. The mobile-LCD has a circuitry that does not supply/support an EDID. By manipulating the Imito QX1's default HDMI configuration and EDID-reading scripts I managed to force it to output 480p no matter if it's connected to an HDMI or VGA receiver. I want to mirror my iOS (iPhone) on the mobile-LCD, but using EZCAST or other Miracast apps only allows the Imito QX1 to pair with other Android devices. Thus, I am trying to gain access to either the Tronsmart T1000, or VSmart V5, or Chromecast's internal files to see if I can modify them to output 480p HDMI by default. I tried to connect them to another LCD monitor that I know can display 480p or 640x480 VGA, I even bought an Extron EDID 101V and tired to "fool" them with a recorded 480p EDID image, but no avail. All three (Tronsmart T1000, or VSmart V5, or Chromecast) default to 720p or 1080p at 44Khz H-sync and the mobile-LCD will not recognize any of them. I noticed that the Chromecast upon start-up (for about a second) boots at 31Khz (480p), but later changes to 44Khz (720p), or 1080p (67Khz).

Thank you for all the views

Thank you for all the views! It seems that everyone figured that replies are only a formality to my rhetorical questions. The answer to the chirping crickets may attributed to being a newbie, or that my post was not clear enough,...or? To compensate for being a newbie, I would love to post my "480p-forced" kernel for the Imito QX1 if anyone interested.

I managed to get more info on Chromecast from their forum, and since I do have a "virgin" Chromecast with the right serial number for rooting, will pursue that avenue.

As far as the Tronsmart T1000 dong, it's possible that it the code was not disassembled yet thus the kernel cannot be modified (?).

Either way, will continue to try and try....

Comment

Working...
    X