Please help with Tronsmart NX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with Tronsmart NX

Hello. recently i bought tronsmart nx with RK3188 and 5mp camera. When i tried to open camera it says - cannot connect to camera. Then i tried to flash firmware. I used official firmware from Tronsmart.com but it didn't decide problem with camera and added new problem - wi-fi doesn't work. Could you please help me? maybe I need another firmware? I tried a lot but can't find needed one.

Originally posted by Amonnn View Post
    Hello. recently i bought tronsmart nx with RK3188 and 5mp camera. When i tried to open camera it says - cannot connect to camera. Then i tried to flash firmware. I used official firmware from Tronsmart.com but it didn't decide problem with camera and added new problem - wi-fi doesn't work. Could you please help me? maybe I need another firmware? I tried a lot but can't find needed one.
    Maybe try - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-1-4
    Not a well supported box in my opinion, does it even have a KitKat ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      Maybe try - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-1-4
      Not a well supported box in my opinion, does it even have a KitKat ROM?
      I tried this firmware but wi-fi and camera still don't work. my device has RTL8188 wi-fi module

Comment

have you found a fix yet?this has been driving me crazy since march.

Comment

Originally posted by rottenrolla View Post
          have you found a fix yet?this has been driving me crazy since march.
          No, I didn't decide my problem. Camera still doesn't work

Comment

No, I didn't decide my problem. Camera still doesn't work
            my wifi,bluetooth and ethernet buttons wont switch on either.its pretty annoying.everything else works fine.

Comment

my wifi,bluetooth and ethernet buttons wont switch on either.its pretty annoying.everything else works fine.
              The problem is following - this is not Tronsmart NX at all. It has CPU RK3188-T not RK3188, wifi module RTL8188 and dont know about camera. So you need firmware for RTL8188 wifi/bluetooth module.
              Since admins of this forum couldn't help me with it, I found somewhere else my firmware (don't remember where). You should look for firmware for CPU RK3188-T and wifi module RTL8188. My new firmware didn't decide problem with camera and add new problem - remote controller buttons are not working correct, but you can use wireless mouse. It is more suitable.

Where didn't you get your tv box?

Comment

The problem is following - this is not Tronsmart NX at all. It has CPU RK3188-T not RK3188, wifi module RTL8188 and dont know about camera. So you need firmware for RTL8188 wifi/bluetooth module.
                Since admins of this forum couldn't help me with it, I found somewhere else my firmware (don't remember where). You should look for firmware for CPU RK3188-T and wifi module RTL8188. My new firmware didn't decide problem with camera and add new problem - remote controller buttons are not working correct, but you can use wireless mouse. It is more suitable.

Where didn't you get your tv box?
                awesome thanks i hope i can make it work.
                i bought it from geekbuying via amazon.
                was it a problem installing the correct firmware?when you found it did it have a flash/install tool with it?

Comment

was it a problem installing the correct firmware?when you found it did it have a flash/install tool with it?
                  I'm sorry but I don't remember. I had flash tool from previous tries. You can find this tool on this forum. Somewhere in "RK3188 devices". But in almost all cases firmware has flashing tool. And I installed Android 4.4 KK on it, so you can install it as well.

Comment

And one more thing - Try to contact the seller and to ask what firmware did he use for your device. If he will send you a link, please send it to me as well. Thanks!

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't remember. I had flash tool from previous tries. You can find this tool on this forum. Somewhere in "RK3188 devices". But in almost all cases firmware has flashing tool. And I installed Android 4.4 KK on it, so you can install it as well.

okay so kitkat does work.i have a flash tool,so i just have to find that RTL8188 firmware?
                      ill be sure to contact geekbuying today and post their response.

Comment

Maybe this site will be usefull for you. http://nixtalk.net/kernel-rk3188

Comment

Maybe this site will be usefull for you. http://nixtalk.net/kernel-rk3188

silly question,do i have to be running ubuntu to use any of this?

Comment

silly question,do i have to be running ubuntu to use any of this?
                            No, I installed my firmware from Windows. But i got it not from this site. You can try to ask admins of this forum to help you with firmware and flash tool

Comment

Working...
                            X