Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CYX CS918 V5_0 Newbie, help please! :-)

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a really simple or stupid question, but I've got one of these android boxes, and I'd like to try to find a custom rom for it.

I can't find any reference to this specific model anywhere.

On the PCB is printed : CYX_CS918 V5_0

The stock ROM on here isn't that good - the XBMC that ships with it (Called "Beyond XBMC") just plain doesn't work (using SMB anyway), and if I install the current one (Gotham 13.2) then the audio goes out of sync very quickly, and can't handle HD (even 720p)

Wifi signal is very poor, and throughput is miserable.

Browsing seems to work OK, and Amazon instant video works well, although the bitrate is quiet low.

Can anyone help me to identify a ROM that would work with it, or point me in the direction of a guide on how to root it?

Many Thanks,
    Dash

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2265.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	439663Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2264.jpg
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	439664Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2263.jpg
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	439665Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2262.jpg
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	439666

Stock firmware for CYX_CS918-V5_0

Originally posted by drendar View Post
    Hi All,

Apologies if this is a really simple or stupid question, but I've got one of these android boxes, and I'd like to try to find a custom rom for it.

I can't find any reference to this specific model anywhere.

On the PCB is printed : CYX_CS918 V5_0

The stock ROM on here isn't that good - the XBMC that ships with it (Called "Beyond XBMC") just plain doesn't work (using SMB anyway), and if I install the current one (Gotham 13.2) then the audio goes out of sync very quickly, and can't handle HD (even 720p)

Wifi signal is very poor, and throughput is miserable.

Browsing seems to work OK, and Amazon instant video works well, although the bitrate is quiet low.

Can anyone help me to identify a ROM that would work with it, or point me in the direction of a guide on how to root it?

Many Thanks,
    Dash

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8604[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8605[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8606[/ATTACH]
    This is the stock rom for this box: https://mega.co.nz/#!Rp9GWT5S!7XXTUUDmNPgzWo5TiBlwH5Mdvn7T6B9-v5QmuxUuyXo

Comment

Working...
    X