Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mk809iii: no wifi no bt, please help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mk809iii: no wifi no bt, please help....

Hi folks,
    sorry for being so direct, but yesterday I tried to solve my problem after hours spent in "reading mode" on this forum..desperately I failed .
    So after having my dongle not booting at all (luckly I could restore), I decided to ask your help, so please do not blame me...

Here are some pictures of the pcb of my dongle:

1) what wifi/bt chip does it have?
    2) most importantly, which rom/kernel could I install to have wifi and bt up & running?

Thanks!

Looks like Realtek, you'd have to be the judge of what series, but most Realtek chips RTL8723BS. Up at the top, near the wire coming off it is a logo, looks like a crab. Under that will be some letters and that will tell you what kind of wifi/bt you have.

There are several Realtek ROMs for MK809III around here, just do a search on the RK3188 MK Models subforum for RTL8723BS and you can find links all over.

Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

thx!

you're so kind budgetgeek!
      will give it a go and keep you posted...
      thx again

Comment

noway!

Tried a couple o them but no light yet.
        Any hint?
        Just coming back to a stock firmware would be sufficient (just to avoid my wife's blames! )
        best

Comment

Try this one: http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=255...41501&third=15

Comment

it's in my d/l queue...

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
            Actually I've seen you around already pointing to these far East repositories
            It's in my download queue already but needs 12h more to complete...keep you updated

and thx again

Comment

I might upload them all to my drive or dropbox one day. It's about the most common question on the RK3188 MK Models sub-forum.

The mega-upload one you commented on earlier should be the best available and I hope it works for you because it's an awesome ROM. That ought to download pretty quickly, showed 30 minutes when I tried.

Comment

OK dude,
                finally I got THE one that came originally with my stick: this is the name of the archive: update_tv03 8723 4.4 内置xbmc_2014.7.8.rar (don't know where exactly I found it out, most likely on this forum though).

Thanks a lot for your support till now.

Next steps:
                a) is there a way to know what is my network chip (assuming that this rom only support such chip)?
                b) how to root it?
                c) is there a chance to have a less crappy rom?

Again: thanks for your invaluable help, you made my day!

edited: budgetgeek you are the one as, searching back fom the blessed user that pointed me to my stock, I realized that it was you:

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
                  I might upload them all to my drive or dropbox one day. It's about the most common question on the RK3188 MK Models sub-forum.

The mega-upload one you commented on earlier should be the best available and I hope it works for you because it's an awesome ROM. That ought to download pretty quickly, showed 30 minutes when I tried.
                  Hey man, that would be fantastic!
                  A question: do you have my same board (I mean: with the wireless chip). If so, it means that I can upload directly the best rom you tried (as I suppose you already have tried all of them, haven't you?).
                  Pls, let me know.

Comment

No, I only tried two of them. I backed up my stock kit kat rom and then I flashed the 4.2 ROM and haven't done anything with it since. My coworker bought one with the same set up and I flashed the rooted kit kat rom on hers and set it up like she wanted, and that is my total experience with it. As the other thread has mentioned, there are different set ups for these, so just being an RK3188T and RTL8723BS wifi/bt doesn't mean that it will work for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by catharsis79 View Post
                      Next steps:
                      a) is there a way to know what is my network chip (assuming that this rom only support such chip)?
                      b) how to root it?
                      c) is there a chance to have a less crappy rom?

Again: thanks for your invaluable help, you made my day!
                      a) Open it up and look for it. You posted pictures, I recognized the Realtek logo and made an educated guess.
                      b) I am unsure how to root 4.4 roms, I rooted my phone with towelroot, but the same doesn't work for my tablet. I like the mega upload rom because it's already rooted. that's why I have the 4.2 rom on my stick.
                      c) how is the rom crappy? is it because it is so simple? you can do your own stuff to it. No developer officially makes a rom based on this configuration and probably for good reason, there are different styles, not all realtek based roms will work for all sticks, as you can tell.

I always root and install busybox on mine using the busybox installer app on the play store, install favorite apps and uninstall worthless system apps, etc. install bootanimation, play around with it and you'll make it your own. That is why I have not updated to 4.4 on mine, it's awesome as it is.

Comment

I just updated my mk809iii to the ROM I always recommend for it and it works for me. I don't know if it is just my device, but I had to wait 10 minutes for the video to start. Working, but I thought it was running at 1.6Ghz but mine is running at 1.4Ghz. Even with the RK3188T.

Comment

Working...
                        X