Bricked CS918 RK3188T Q7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked CS918 RK3188T Q7

I currently have a CS918 RK3188T Q7 that kept on rebooting after 5+ minutes of running.

Contacted the Vendor of which I purchased it from and said to flash the device with a ROM they provided.

I flashed the device with Rockchip Batch Tool V1.7 and the ROM they provided. It completed successfully then reboots.

After the reboot I receive the following message on the screen :

"Missing bitmap stage_empty
    (code-1)
    Missing bitmap stage_fill
    (Code 1)
    Recovery Sytem v4.4.0

Failed to mount /metadata (Invalid argument)
    Failed to mount /mnt/external_sd (No such device)
    clone_data_if_exists->can't find databk partition
    formatting /data
    formatting /cache"

The device will then reboot. The Android symbol will show on the screen and sit there an do nothing.

Any ideas why this is happening?
    Attached Files

You can try flashing again, if you can get into flash mode. May need to look up Mask ROM mode to get it to flash. Try the firmware again or look for another.

HI Guys: I just got a little time to update some firmware for you. The first one is for the Q7 TV BOX: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Q7-TV-BOX-RK3188-Bluetooth-v4-0-Android-4-2-External-Wifi-Antenna-Ethernet-Port-with-2-4GHZ-wireless-Air-Mouse–Black-324259.html Q7 tv box should be the cheapst rk3188t quad core tv box in market. but there are also a lot of simialr model with same case, like T-R42,CS918,MK918 Etc, I have […]

If it doesn't work, and you get the same results, I'd say memory is corrupted.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
      You can try flashing again, if you can get into flash mode. May need to look up Mask ROM mode to get it to flash. Try the firmware again or look for another.

HI Guys: I just got a little time to update some firmware for you. The first one is for the Q7 TV BOX: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Q7-TV-BOX-RK3188-Bluetooth-v4-0-Android-4-2-External-Wifi-Antenna-Ethernet-Port-with-2-4GHZ-wireless-Air-Mouse–Black-324259.html Q7 tv box should be the cheapst rk3188t quad core tv box in market. but there are also a lot of simialr model with same case, like T-R42,CS918,MK918 Etc, I have […]

If it doesn't work, and you get the same results, I'd say memory is corrupted.
      Downloaded and flashed the box with the link you provided.

Gives me the same error message. I have attached a screen shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150205_135048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	437060

Is there a way to reset the memory?

Comment

I'm familiar with the message you are getting because it happened to my PiPO M9Pro when the memory failed. When you flash a ROM after erasing IDB, the Recovery must format all the partitions. When you get that error, it means your recovery is not able to format the partitions, likely because the memory is unreadable or unwritable.

When I was working on fixing it, my solution was to flash the device and then before booting it, switch over to the freaktab flash tool and flash a misc.img from a running device, one that tells recovery that the partitions have been formatted and will bypass that on the first boot.

You may be able to use the same misc.img from the post here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Here-s-a-fix

In short, you need to flash the ROM again, do not boot it but get it to flash mode again and flash the misc.img and then boot it up and bypass recovery. You will not have an internal memory, but you can probably diagnose your problem from there.
        Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
        I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
        RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Sorry, but for me doesn't work... remains always on boot logo "android"

What i can do? Maybe there is a newer version of misc.img?

My device is
          MK918
          HM E237212 94V0
          cs918 2 GB ram and quad core.
          Firm v 4.4.02 Loader 2.16 Chip info rk31

May you help me?

Thano you

Comment

Any idea for this problem, I have the same problem and I flash too much firmware and nothing solve this problem. thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X