Any External SD Corruption on 3188?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any External SD Corruption on 3188?

On every ROM I have done for the 3066 devices I have been warning people about the problem that all 3066 devices have with SD card corruption and waking up from sleep. The solution I had was to format the SD card NTFS, but rendered the device incompatible with the usual way of doing a CWM backup, since CWM won't read NTFS.

Now that 3188 devices are out, and I've made a few ROM's for those devices, I'm still telling people to be careful of the possible corruption issues.

Now, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with their external SD card formatted in FAT32. Nobody has really mentioned whether the problem was solved in the 3188 chips, or if it is a problem to still watch out for.

Has anyone tested this to see? If it was fixed, I wasn't in the loop.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

The 3066 TV stick ROMs do not have SDCard corruption. They seem to have fixed that.
    So chances are on the 3188 TV Stick we also wont have this issue. But I will test later using a CWM or titanium backup.

The tablets for some reason all have that issue on 3066 so I have a feeling it maybe a hardware implementation issue with tablets which is why it has yet to ever be fixed on tablets?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...