Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

machybris: exposing rockchip video and graphical hw acceleration in linux

Hi guys,

Last year I've made kodi and spmc run on linux on RK3288 devices. This is based on my machybris work.

MACHYBRIS
    machybris is a packaged libhybris solution for rockchip devices (RK3288, RK3188, RK312X) that exposes the following android libs that can be used to develop your linux apps:
    - graphical HW acceleration (EGL, GLES libs)
    - rockchips video HW acceleration (vpu, rkon2 libs)
    - androids media service (media lib)
    - makes, for instance, kodi / spmc run in linux (just install mackodi)

I started my work on a RK3188 device more than two years ago and later migrated to RK3288 devices. And now I am happy to announce that I have also got machybris running on RK3188 devices!

However, I have only tested it on my good old mk809iii (RK3188) with ubuntu 14.04, and it works great. Also mackodi, my kodi package that I will publish later on FT, works great with video hw acceleration.
    So would be great if machybris runs on other RK3188 devices too (only ubuntu 14.04+ and debian jessie is supported), so you are welcome to try and check if it works for your device too.

See my machybris post:

Have fun!

And if you like it: please get me a faster computer by giving a small donation; it will benefit my impatience during compilation, my nails and future releases; any help is welcome!

Donate..

Cheers -- mac-l1

---

HOW TO INSTALL

1) First try my install_machybris.sh script; run this from a terminal/shell started on your rockchip device
    Code:
    curl -O http://mac-l1.com/install_machybris.sh; bash install_machybris.sh
    2) Test if this works out-of-the box by running:
    Code:
    test_hwc
    You should see a turning swirl.

IF NOT) then you probably need to DISABLE FBCON yourself manually. You need to make sure that the framebuffer console (the fbcon kernel module) is not started automatically in kernel. That can be done by:
    a) Either use a kernel that does NOT have the fbcon module builtin, can be done by building kernel with CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=n in kernel configuration file
    b) Or simply put "fbcon=vc:64-63" in the parameter file of your image, just after "CMDLINE:". See the following example:
    "CMDLINE:fbcon=vc:64-63 vmalloc=516M console=ttyFIQ0 console=tty0 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 bla bla"
    This can be done on an already linux-installed device using rkflashtool for linux to read/write parameter file http://radxa.com/Rock/flash_the_imag....28Advanced.29) or AndroidTool for Windows (read: advanced tab->export image,start=0,count=2, change the parameter file, write: flash it again using download image tab); or use a pre-configured image file.
    Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
    And Donate...

reserved
    Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
    And Donate...

Comment

Working...
    X