Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart t428 or Imito QX1

Okay,

So I have been drinking... and I am about to impulse buy one of these devices. Please reply with which you would go with and why.

GO!

(thanks in advance)

-Atom

Originally posted by atomwood View Post
    Okay,

So I have been drinking... and I am about to impulse buy one of these devices. Please reply with which you would go with and why.

GO!

(thanks in advance)

-Atom
    Go for the imito, it has an external WiFi port so you can add an antenna , other than that they are much the same internally

Comment

Originally posted by daviepl View Post
      Go for the imito, it has an external WiFi port so you can add an antenna , other than that they are much the same internally
      Thanks for the reply! I am going to be moving to Edinburgh area next year. Going to st. andrews.

Comment

Re: Tronsmart t428 or Imito QX1

I bought a qx1 and I am waiting for it.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          I bought a qx1 and I am waiting for it.
          Are you going to try and make a custom rom for it?

Comment

I received the Qx1 from geekbuying a couple days ago - got to the states pretty fast (7? days) even with free shipping by postal service.
            • I think all the rk3188's are pretty much the same except packaging and maybe which BT and WIFI chip they use.
            • Other key issue is how well they keep the firmware up to date. Tronsmart seems to be a couple days ahead of Imito in releasing updates (which I presume come from RockChip).
            • The packaging for the QX1 looks great, has a port for WIFI antenna. I think the QX1 may do a better job of heat dispersal with its metal case - it gets very warm but I've had it continuously on for 3 days and no crashes, which I think may be a problem for some of the other packages overheating.
            • Like the other 3188's, it's really fast - as fast or faster for browsing as my Core I5 desktop.
            • Keep in mind - the 3188's are bleeding edge right now - Android 4.2 is beta for the QX1 (I will try loading it today).
            • I think all the 3188's have firmware issues with WIFI and BT. The WIFI was dropping out every 20 minutes (I'm 1 meter from the WIFI so not a signal issue). Weirdly that hasnt happened today although I can't think of what I could have changed to impact that.
            • I'm using the Logitech K400r keyboard which works great with it, including some basic gestures.
            • Like the other 3188's I think this is actually running 720P, not 1080P. Switching the settings between the two doesnt have any visible difference.
            • Although this is supposed to support WIFI-N, it only connects to my WIFI-G connection and I havent been able to connect to any secured network.
            • Overall really happy with it, particularly now the the WIFI isnt dropping, but definitely keep in mind the RK3188's are brand new and definitely require some firmware fixes.

Comment

Re: Tronsmart t428 or Imito QX1

Great review, i am waiting my unit, but geekbuying sent it yet, so i hope it will arrive soon.

Originally posted by atomwood View Post
              Are you going to try and make a custom rom for it?
              Bob makes better roms than me, but if he is busy with other quads i will do one for sure.

leolas
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

The QX1 for sure has some stability issues. I cant even watch Netflix without it crashing after about 5 minutes. They just released a new version which I will try later today.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  The QX1 for sure has some stability issues. I cant even watch Netflix without it crashing after about 5 minutes. They just released a new version which I will try later today.

Bob
                  I have bought my Imito qx1 tru aliexpress android 4.2.2 but i have had no crashed at all WIFI works perfect even without antenna i have full `reach` (wifi icon full) also Imito wont get hot (played some films and games still not getting hot, i wonder if it will be possible to use micro sd card with ntfs file system and is there some tutorial to flash roms (and is it possible then to back up my apps and its settings like XMBC )

Comment

Group,

It'd seem to be, of which Claire Kirby, from Rikomagic has become capable of find the resource program code regarding 3188 sequence gadget... all over again!!

I am uploading the source in order to Github... and may submit the link within the forums...

Inside the in the meantime, make sure you preserve check this url regarding improvements for this SK0-003

Comment

Working...
                    X