Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS918 v2_6. Bootloop after flash stock ROM. Definitively bricked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS918 v2_6. Bootloop after flash stock ROM. Definitively bricked?

Hello,

I am not new into flashing firmwares, installing recoveries or custom ROMs (in other devices), but this time I was as a real newbie and I did a lot of mistakes. This is my history.

I wanted to install a custom ROM in order to get a quicker device, without stock apps, etc. Also because I like to touch everythink!!

I succesed to root it (kingo root) and to install CWM. CWM had problems accessing FS and I succesed installing TWRP.

I backuped up my device with TWRP and I saved it to my PC. I thought that it would be important in case of disaster, but I can't get TWRP again so I can't restore this backup.

I first looked up for ROMs and I take note of lot of them (wassed, etc.) based on RK3188 T-R42/KR42. MISTAKE!! I know it... now!

I tried to flash the downloaded zip with TWRP. MISTAKE!! I know... now! After that, I couldn't boot into TWRP or Android.

I readed more in this forum (LATE!! I know it... now!) and I discovered that rktools are the way to install the ROMS.

I installed the drivers, and I tried to flash every ROM that i found. The results: failed. In the best of cases the ROM installed but didn't boot.

I readed more in this forum (LATE!! I know it... now!) and I discovered that it is a must to erase NAND IDB and to connect HDMI during flashes. I repeated several times with several ROMS without results.

During those processes I think that one time (i think that no more than one) I used "upgrade" instead of "restore".

I readed more in this forum (LATE!! I know it... now!) and I discovered lots of versions of the PCB. I opened my device and I discovered a CS918 v2_6.

I founded the stock ROM (CS918 v2_6 20140929) and I flashed it. the result is 4 linux penguins during some seconds and backscreen again in a loop.
    Sumarizing:
    • CS918 v2_6 20140929
    • It can be flashed without problems
    • It cannot boot regardless of ROM flashed
    Now, I need your help in order to bring it to life again if possible.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the long history.

i feel you on the frustration. i just tried to factory restore my mine xt-q7-v11 and then got stuck with boot loop. tried and tried to find the right one. installed all the wrong ones and they did not allow bluetooth wifi to work. then i couldnt install anything else. kept getting idb download errors.

finally got the right rom -- update_EBK311B_20150425 .
    deleted idb data with flash tool.
    then learned how to put in to mask rom mode. - jumpped pins 8&9 on nand flash
    installed rom and low and behold system working again.

although i am not sure if it is working on 1080p yet but i will find out soon enough.

Comment

Hi jtez06,

many thanks for you answer... I have the device in a box since January but I will try again.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X