Frame Skipping FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame Skipping FIXED!

OK guys... I have think I have FOUND the frame skipping issue!

I am telling you now that the video performance you have been looking for is HERE!

This FIX is a Android 4.1.1 for now....

NO FREAKIN FRAME SKIPPING!

I have now figured out the reason (well I think I have)!

Please stay tuned.... I will probably update ALL my 3188 ROMs.

UN-FREAKIN BELIEVABLE how easy this was.....

Please stay tuned, I have a ton of work to do, but I think I found the frame skipping issues....

Then again, until I can port this, and make sure it works with other kernels, I am not 100% sure yet... But I already ported this SIMPLE change to the T428.....

Again.... I feel like WHOOOOOO YAAAAAA

Freaking your not going to believe this! I will tell you all WHY when I prove it 100%.... I feel like a MAD SCIENTEST for finding this fix!

FYI, strauzo... YOU ARE WRONG... This has nothing to do with the RK remote stuff you have been so much DWELLING ON! Let that go... it is NOT a problem nor a resource issue... I am sorry but you are wrong! You have been chasing a dead horse!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Great job, Bob!!!!!!

Between that...and the Netflix thing, you have had a pretty good week of discoveries.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      OK guys... I have think I have FOUND the frame skipping issue!

I am telling you now that the video performance you have been looking for is HERE!

This FIX is a Android 4.1.1 for now....

NO FREAKIN FRAME SKIPPING!

I have now figured out the reason (well I think I have)!

Please stay tuned.... I will probably update ALL my 3188 ROMs.

UN-FREAKIN BELIEVABLE how easy this was.....

Please stay tuned, I have a ton of work to do, but I think I found the frame skipping issues....

Then again, until I can port this, and make sure it works with other kernels, I am not 100% sure yet... But I already ported this SIMPLE change to the T428.....

Again.... I feel like WHOOOOOO YAAAAAA

Freaking your not going to believe this! I will tell you all WHY when I prove it 100%.... I feel like a MAD SCIENTEST for finding this fix!

FYI, strauzo... YOU ARE WRONG... This has nothing to do with the RK remote stuff you have been so much DWELLING ON! Let that go... it is NOT a problem nor a resource issue... I am sorry but you are wrong! You have been chasing a dead horse!

Bob

Comment

Re: Frame Skipping FIXED!

Great news Bob. Will this fix also work for the rk3066 sticks?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Some sort of fix was in 4.2.2(mk802iv), but that was just stutter of 3D render... I have like 75% of actual framerate with HD videos (on fullscreen to be correct), so i guess that is what you are on. Correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Finless, you should take a look at this rom posted by strauzo its def the best 4.2.2 ive used on the t428 so far:

"This is a very fast and stable base 4.2.2 rom for T428 derived from Cube U30Gt2 26.05

Surely you can make many improvements, but at least there aren't many strange Chinese things inside the source code of Android.

At first start disable the cursor lock screen in Settings->Security->Screen Lock -> none

Inside there is only the rotation locker app if you have portrait mode.

This rom is just a demonstration, but it can become excellent with the intervention of BOB"

Comment

This is OT but I'm interested in ROMs and Android Development. What exactly is it that these Chinese manufacturers do to make their ROMs so unusable? Is it just that they dont put the effort into ddevelop them for their device?

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                This is OT but I'm interested in ROMs and Android Development. What exactly is it that these Chinese manufacturers do to make their ROMs so unusable? Is it just that they dont put the effort into ddevelop them for their device?
                Well technology they are using is non-chinese origins (ARM, Android...) They are just assembling various parts together and put drivers and modules in carelessly... In general HW is not bad, software is not bad either, but the final assembly is terrifying... These devices aren't type of HW that would work "out of box" - unfortunately it is more of "IKEA without manual style"

edit: naah, i can do it better, that wasn't even touché... It is more like a "semi-product" or "ready to cook" - right now it is raw :P
                Last edited by Gasp; 06-02-2013, 18:10.

Comment

What strauzo is talking about "Chinese things inside" is the RK remote control.
                  I would find it hard to believe if the Cube did not have it as well? It's in all Rockchip ROM I has seen so far.

But I can tell you it is not the cause of the frame skipping and has nothing to do with it.
                  The CX919 ROM plays video perfectly and it has the RK Remote in it.

So conclusions have been made but they are not the answer.

I have flashed the Cube ROM before so I know what it does. But there would be a lot of work to get it right. I am going to push out a ALPHA TEST release using the CX919 4.1.1 ROM and let you video nuts decide.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    What strauzo is talking about "Chinese things inside" is the RK remote control.
                    I would find it hard to believe if the Cube did not have it as well? It's in all Rockchip ROM I has seen so far.

But I can tell you it is not the cause of the frame skipping and has nothing to do with it.
                    The CX919 ROM plays video perfectly and it has the RK Remote in it.

So conclusions have been made but they are not the answer.

I have flashed the Cube ROM before so I know what it does. But there would be a lot of work to get it right. I am going to push out a ALPHA TEST release using the CX919 4.1.1 ROM and let you video nuts decide.

Bob
                    Great news, will be waiting for the link!

Comment

Ahh, i get it. So they are just throwing the software and drivers together without really fine tuning it. The RK3188 is a great piece of tech I believe. I guess we are getting these sticks very cheaply so can't really complain.

Comment

Alpha test ROM is posted. See the sticky posts.

Let me know what you guys think.

Bob

Comment

Re: Frame Skipping FIXED!

So what was the holy Grail? This is indeed interesting to know. Applicable to all 3188 sticks?

Also, Bob which of the 3188 sticks you have, have the best stock cooling? Perhaps they all use the same stuff though I don't know.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

The QX1 has a heat transfer pad from the processor to the metal case top. The MK908 has a small heat sink just like the MK808. The CX-919 has a THIN little sticky metal plate on the processor which looks just like what Tronsmart has on the new T428's. It's not much cooling really.

I think the T428 and this CX-919 are very similar in hardware which is probably why the CX-919 kernel works on the T428 (just no wifi).

I am going to pull them all apart and do a little video of them for you all.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by jwz View Post
                              Great news Bob. Will this fix also work for the rk3066 sticks?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
                              I'm not sure if this was already mentioned here, but I managed to fix the frameskip issue on my 1080p kernel rk3066 minix g4 device by just installing a piece of software replacing the MX Player. I was in awe upon knowing this and really can't believe as I bought a rk3188 device hoping that I will get a better video performance. The software I am talking about is called BS Player. Not the "BS" that you have in mind. Seriously, it's called "BS Player". It has a disable frameskip feature that is why playback looks so smooth just like from a bluray player. I have no problem so far between local and streaming 1080p videos. Try it and be amazed!

Comment

Working...
                              X