Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK 3188

hi,
    I have a Satechi Tv Box its uses RK3188 and I would like to install Linux on it. Can anybody advise me the correct way and what file I use? thanks

Linux will run way too slow and no GPU or VPU acceleration.
    If you want Linux better to get a RK3288 or RK3368 since there are several custom Linux firmwares for them.
    RK3188 also stopped being supported since September 2014, so it will be very difficult to get Linux running.
    Also the Linux firmware that was released 2 years ago for RK3188 devices won't use the same ethernet, wifi and other drivers in your strange RK3188 device.

Comment

thanks for reply. This box is fast and has better hardware than alot of the tv boxes today. 2 gig of ram and multi cores. So OpenElec cant be installed? I have read its the best to use on TV boxes

Comment

Who ever told you that lied to you.... 3188 old crap device.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

just becauseits older dont mean its crap hardware is great and ram and nobody told me it was good. Just like I have a Dell Studio XPS computer and its old but its faster than alot of computers its octa and 6 gig

Comment

I have a dell laptop thats 4 years old its out dated and crap just like 3188 devices. You said it has better hardware then devices today (again someone lied to you&#128513 The new devicez that Moe123 stated have much better hardware and support. But you believe what you wish facts are facts😏
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

you dont like my tv box because its old and,,,, sounds like you think if its old its crap,,,,,, my computer is Intel core i7 266GHz im running times 8 it came out in 2008 6 gig ram and its still a boss computer. I can barely get something better in a local store. Its over 8 years old and there are new computers slower. Just like my Box it has 2 gig. I can look on **** for 2gig ram boxes and when i do find some they higher priced but most are just 512 ram or 1 gig. just because there is no support dont mean its crap, my friend has a apple box and i run circles around his NEW box I put linux on a computer with kodi and it flys, I mean faster than anything and I was reading openelec is the way to go if you use Media. If i could get that installed on my box i'd be in the fastest lane as far as TV Box goes. but i'm looking and asking if I can make this happen.
              thanks for the chatting

Comment

As moe123 stated No because its not supported.

Comment

Working...
                X