Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart cx-919

Hi Forum,
    Thanks a lot for keeping up with the great work.
    I received my cx-919 with 4.2.2 installed. today from amazon.

So far it looks ok. I am completely new to the android world.

Couple of queries
    1) Netflix looks choppy or frame skipping- I already did the 1080p setting.
    2) Have no idea how to install xbmc one of the reason I purchased the device.
    3)I found the post

Is this applicable to my my device?

I mean I wanted to understand:Are RK3188 devices are generic ? Any releases like the above is applicable to all the devices having the same chipset or releases are device specific?
    In other words :Tronsmart-T428-Android-4-2-2-Finless-ROM-1 will work for all tronsmart devices
    including cx-919.

Thanks in advance for going thru all my questions.

Gogi

Basically from what I understand (I'm no developer) the only difference between the devices are the WIFI and BT modules.

As the Kernel is supposed to do the communication between hardware and software it is only a question of the right Kernel.

This means you should be able to flash the mentioned rom but you will have to replace the kernel by another one made for CX-919. Btw. kernels for MK908 work as well as they share the same WIFI and BT.

If you do not replace the kernel, then WIFI and BT will most likely not work.

Thats as far as I understood it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

Cheerz

Comment

Originally posted by finrodize View Post
      This means you should be able to flash the mentioned rom but you will have to replace the kernel by another one made for CX-919. Btw. kernels for MK908 work as well as they share the same WIFI and BT.

If you do not replace the kernel, then WIFI and BT will most likely not work.
      tronsmart made a CX-919 clone and guess what they are calling it? Tronsmart CX-919. crazy, i know but i don't know if that means exact clone or it's a T428 in a CX-919's body. happy testing!

Comment

are the Tronsmart guff ? ... they are on special buy just now

Comment

Originally posted by planetmarklar View Post
          tronsmart made a CX-919 clone and guess what they are calling it? Tronsmart CX-919. crazy, i know but i don't know if that means exact clone or it's a T428 in a CX-919's body. happy testing!

Anyone confirm on this ?

I ordered one last week

Comment

Originally posted by AlbaJoe View Post
            Anyone confirm on this ?

I ordered one last week
            Yeah you guys are safe, in fact a little better off. The tronsmart clone is exactly the same where it counts for roms and kernels (wifi/bt hardware) so those will work fine, and you have a little better antennae. In theory the tronsmart has a dipole antennae that should help it more but I haven't seen the test results to show the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by planetmarklar View Post
              Yeah you guys are safe, in fact a little better off. The tronsmart clone is exactly the same where it counts for roms and kernels (wifi/bt hardware) so those will work fine, and you have a little better antennae. In theory the tronsmart has a dipole antennae that should help it more but I haven't seen the test results to show the difference.
              Cool thanks for feeding back.

My main concern was the rom/kernel compatability.

Comment

Working...
              X