RK3188 XT-Q7-V11 Drivers and Firmware ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3188 XT-Q7-V11 Drivers and Firmware ROM

Hi All. New to this forum and looks like you all are doing awesome here.

I have a few of these boxes and I need to see if anyone has any information about getting this up to at least lollipop. I would love to see about Nougat because I'm doing some app development with android studio. Emulators suck/slow and I don't like to use my phone that much for testing. But the main goal is at least lollipop.

I haven't had any luck with my windows 8.1 finding the device which is the first main problem. I tried a few things and my system is not digging the rockusb.sys driver that I find everywhere for the RK3188. I tried both windows install and the RockChip RK Driver Assistant and no luck recognizing device.

After device recognition, I would be very grateful if anyone had information on the firmware upgrade that is reliable for the RK3188 XT-Q7-V11 board.

Device:
    RK3188
    XT-Q7-V11 board
    Mali-400 MP Graphics
    ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v71)
    Currently running Android 4.4.2 API Level 19 (Kernel: Linux 3.0.36+)

I really appreciate any input. Thanks all.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Originally posted by daddytym View Post
    Hi All. New to this forum and looks like you all are doing awesome here.

I have a few of these boxes and I need to see if anyone has any information about getting this up to at least lollipop. I would love to see about Nougat because I'm doing some app development with android studio. Emulators suck/slow and I don't like to use my phone that much for testing. But the main goal is at least lollipop.

I haven't had any luck with my windows 8.1 finding the device which is the first main problem. I tried a few things and my system is not digging the rockusb.sys driver that I find everywhere for the RK3188. I tried both windows install and the RockChip RK Driver Assistant and no luck recognizing device.

After device recognition, I would be very grateful if anyone had information on the firmware upgrade that is reliable for the RK3188 XT-Q7-V11 board.

Device:
    RK3188
    XT-Q7-V11 board
    Mali-400 MP Graphics
    ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v71)
    Currently running Android 4.4.2 API Level 19 (Kernel: Linux 3.0.36+)

I really appreciate any input. Thanks all.
    Hi daddytym ,

first i dont think you will find a LP Rom , too old . Win8.1 & 10 have sometimes Problems with

installing this Drivers , did u used the latest Drivers Version 4.4 ??? , best OS for RK flashing

is Win7 , but there are Solutions for that .

Here you have a Link to a Thread wiith latest Infos about your PCB :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...14-07-14/page3

if you search you will find some more .

Link with Driver Solution :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-pro-8-1-64bit

hope it helps , good luck

gefattern

Comment

Thank you gefatten for the information. Sorry for the delay. Been super busy.

I have the latest drivers. Unfortunately I'm not running Win 7 on any of my puters anymore. I actually dumped win 10 on my development machine because it was causing problems with some of the things I been working on so reverted back to 8.1.

I'll check out those links and report back

Since i have some boxes that serve as dual purpose tv box and development, I'm thinking about running Linux with android emulator which reportedly runs more stable for both purposes. I'd rather pull drivers and flash with Linux vs SD boot. Thoughts? Haven't seen anything about this type board yet on flashing.

I think it would be win-win to flash with Ubuntu so I can always have most current kodi and android api 22-26 emulation. Just need find a successful build with this setup.

Comment

Working...
      X