Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you please explain no 3 energy tab with picure if possible

Originally posted by andrevergilio View Post
    Hey guys, I've finally managed to get the flash tool to work on windows 8.1!

1) First you need do reboot windows with driver signature disabled: configure->change pc settings-> update & recovery -> recovery-> advanced startup -> troubleshoot -> advanced options -> restart -> 7

2) After reboot, go to folder where is windows 8 rockchip driver: right click on rockusb.inf and click in install.

3) Plug your device on usb, go to the Device Manager, and disable the "usb root hub" where your device is plugged. To find which one is, try to see the energy tab.

4) Do the Bob thing:

OBS: sorry for my bad english.

i followed all your steps still not working i dont understand step 3

Comment

Originally posted by andrevergilio View Post
      Hey guys, I've finally managed to get the flash tool to work on windows 8.1!

1) First you need do reboot windows with driver signature disabled: configure->change pc settings-> update & recovery -> recovery-> advanced startup -> troubleshoot -> advanced options -> restart -> 7

2) After reboot, go to folder where is windows 8 rockchip driver: right click on rockusb.inf and click in install.

3) Plug your device on usb, go to the Device Manager, and disable the "usb root hub" where your device is plugged. To find which one is, try to see the energy tab.

4) Do the Bob thing:

OBS: sorry for my bad english.
      It actually worked! Thank you for this find

Comment

Originally posted by DiZet View Post
        It actually worked! Thank you for this find
        As main3dtv asked, can you explain step 3? First of all, how do you find the appropriate usb root hub? Then, I assume you right click and choose disable. Once it is disabled, what are the next steps? I can guess that we go to the device with the yellow triangle, right click, choose update device driver. Can you explain exactly which choices to pick on the subsequent screens? Like do we pick "search..." or "browse..." on the next screen? (Probably browse). If it's browse, then after browsing to the correct windows 8 folder, do we click "Let me pick...." or just go straight to 'Next'?

Currently, none of those choices work, so we really need to know how you're getting it to work! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sga000 View Post
          As main3dtv asked, can you explain step 3? First of all, how do you find the appropriate usb root hub? Then, I assume you right click and choose disable. Once it is disabled, what are the next steps? I can guess that we go to the device with the yellow triangle, right click, choose update device driver. Can you explain exactly which choices to pick on the subsequent screens? Like do we pick "search..." or "browse..." on the next screen? (Probably browse). If it's browse, then after browsing to the correct windows 8 folder, do we click "Let me pick...." or just go straight to 'Next'?

Currently, none of those choices work, so we really need to know how you're getting it to work! Thanks.
          You have to click trough your USB Root Hub’s and under "Power" tab you can see what devices are connected to each Hub. Find the one that has your device connected to and disable that hub by right clicking and choosing disable.

After that, it should recognize it but Finless Rom Flash Tool still did no see it, so I had to follow the instructions from Finless

Originally Posted by Finless

Try this guys. Newer PC may not have or support old USB 2.0 and have all 3.0 ports.
          I got a couple guys working with this change.

In my ROM flash kit open the settings.ini file.
          Edit this line
          SUPPORTUSB11=0
          Change this to a 1
          Or if yours says 1 already change it to a 0
          Close the flash tool and reopen it.

Bob
          After that I was able to flash with Rom Flash Tool.

P.S. RK Batch Tool has the same issue. It does not see the device in flash mode but I don’t know how to fix that. Maybe Bob or someone knows a workaround similar to the one used on Flash Tool.

Comment

You have to click trough your USB Root Hub’s and under "Power" tab you can see what devices are connected to each Hub. Find the one that has your device connected to and disable that hub by right clicking and choosing disable.

After that, it should recognize it but Finless Rom Flash Tool still did no see it, so I had to follow the instructions from Finless

After that I was able to flash with Rom Flash Tool.

P.S. RK Batch Tool has the same issue. It does not see the device in flash mode but I don’t know how to fix that. Maybe Bob or someone knows a workaround similar to the one used on Flash Tool.
            Thanks, DiZet, but I still can't figure this out! When I look at each "USB Root Hub's" Power tab (I have 2 of those hubs), they do not have any different information. There is nothing to help distinguish the one that goes with my connected device.

In addition to those 2 hubs, I have a "USB Root Hub (xHCI)". But it has no Power tab, and it's a USB 3.0 port, and I definitely am NOT plugged into that one. So there's certainly no reason to disable that one.

So....can you tell me what shows up in the Power tab for the specific Hub that has the device connected to it? Also, for the device with the yellow triangle, does it show "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"? If my error is different from yours, maybe it somehow causes my Power tabs to not look different from each other.

Once you disable the hub, do you have to reboot first? And there are steps somewhere about restarting without checking driver signatures? Do you do that?

Thanks very much.

EDIT: I was able to look at the "Generic USB Hub" (2 of them), associate one of them with a "USB Root Hub". I believe I have now disabled the correct "USB Root Hub". It has a little down arrow on top of it. And the corresponding "Generic USB Hub" disappeared. The device with the yellow triangle and the error also disappeared.

However, I have tried changing the value Bob mentioned to both 0 and 1 (it started at 0), but the Rom Flash Tool still does not see it. When do you eject the device and reinsert? What I did was disable the hub while the device was still connected, I heard a Windows sound, and the devices/hubs changed as described in the last paragraph. I plugged the device back in. No sounds, no nothing. I brought up the Rom Flash Tool....it does not see it.

I hate it that I'm missing something, probably very simple!
            Last edited by sga000; 10-31-2013, 19:43.

Comment

Thanks, DiZet, but I still can't figure this out! When I look at each "USB Root Hub's" Power tab (I have 2 of those hubs), they do not have any different information. There is nothing to help distinguish the one that goes with my connected device.

In addition to those 2 hubs, I have a "USB Root Hub (xHCI)". But it has no Power tab, and it's a USB 3.0 port, and I definitely am NOT plugged into that one. So there's certainly no reason to disable that one.

So....can you tell me what shows up in the Power tab for the specific Hub that has the device connected to it? Also, for the device with the yellow triangle, does it show "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"? If my error is different from yours, maybe it somehow causes my Power tabs to not look different from each other.

Once you disable the hub, do you have to reboot first? And there are steps somewhere about restarting without checking driver signatures? Do you do that?

Thanks very much.

EDIT: I was able to look at the "Generic USB Hub" (2 of them), associate one of them with a "USB Root Hub". I believe I have now disabled the correct "USB Root Hub". It has a little down arrow on top of it. And the corresponding "Generic USB Hub" disappeared. The device with the yellow triangle and the error also disappeared.

However, I have tried changing the value Bob mentioned to both 0 and 1 (it started at 0), but the Rom Flash Tool still does not see it. When do you eject the device and reinsert? What I did was disable the hub while the device was still connected, I heard a Windows sound, and the devices/hubs changed as described in the last paragraph. I plugged the device back in. No sounds, no nothing. I brought up the Rom Flash Tool....it does not see it.

I hate it that I'm missing something, probably very simple!
              Did you connect the device in flash mode? Usually you have to hold the recovery button (pin) while powering the device to activate the flash mode.

Comment

Did you connect the device in flash mode? Usually you have to hold the recovery button (pin) while powering the device to activate the flash mode.
                Yes, I always connect it while holding down the button. I wonder if you can answer the questions I asked in my last post. Maybe you will be able to give me a clue about what you're doing differently.

I guess this worked in Windows 8, but not 8.1? I'm on 8.1, and I'm not going backwards just to see this work. I was able to use Windows 7 to get my stick working, but I want the Windows 8.1 laptop to be my main computer...so it would be great to get this working.

Comment

Yes, I always connect it while holding down the button. I wonder if you can answer the questions I asked in my last post. Maybe you will be able to give me a clue about what you're doing differently.

I guess this worked in Windows 8, but not 8.1? I'm on 8.1, and I'm not going backwards just to see this work. I was able to use Windows 7 to get my stick working, but I want the Windows 8.1 laptop to be my main computer...so it would be great to get this working.
                  Definitely 8.1. With Windows 8 there were no problems like that except disabling driver signature in Windows 8 before installing the drivers.

I have managed to do the same with x7mini that I have received today and was able to flash the latest firmware with RKBatchTool. Just had to change a bit the config.ini file of the RKBatchTool. I have made the step-by-step tutorial and posted it on minix forum http://www.minixforums.com/threads/w...66/#post-24003. Maybe that will give you more info on the steps I did to make it work.

Comment

Definitely 8.1. With Windows 8 there were no problems like that except disabling driver signature in Windows 8 before installing the drivers.

I have managed to do the same with x7mini that I have received today and was able to flash the latest firmware with RKBatchTool. Just had to change a bit the config.ini file of the RKBatchTool. I have made the step-by-step tutorial and posted it on minix forum http://www.minixforums.com/threads/w...66/#post-24003. Maybe that will give you more info on the steps I did to make it work.
                    Thanks, DiZet! I haven't had time yet to go look at your tutorial, but providing that for those of us having this problem will be a great help. I'll let you know my results soon.

Comment

Even with following DiZet's tutorial I am still having problems on Windows 8.1. I get to the point where I am meant to be able to find the USE Root Hub with a Power tab containing “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)” but none of my Power tabs contain that text (or anything like it). I have tried diabling the USB Root Hubs anyway and RKBatchTool still can't see my PIP M6 Max even after making the changes to the config file.

I have installed the Rockchip driver by right clicking on the rockusb.inf file and choosing install and Windows states "the operation completed successfully".

BTW I am on 64bit Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by captkronos View Post
                        Even with following DiZet's tutorial I am still having problems on Windows 8.1. I get to the point where I am meant to be able to find the USE Root Hub with a Power tab containing “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)” but none of my Power tabs contain that text (or anything like it). I have tried diabling the USB Root Hubs anyway and RKBatchTool still can't see my PIP M6 Max even after making the changes to the config file.

I have installed the Rockchip driver by right clicking on the rockusb.inf file and choosing install and Windows states "the operation completed successfully".

BTW I am on 64bit Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference.

DiZet and captkronos, I have also tried the tutorial, but no luck. I'm also on 64bit Windows 8.1.

Here is what I've done:
                        1. I installed the Rockchip drivers, and it says it is successful.
                        2. I modified the config.ini file to add "TRUE" in the appropriate line.
                        3. I believe I can find the appropriate USB Root Hub entry to disable (captkronos, I'll say more on this below), and I disabled that appropriate one.
                        4. When I bring up RKBatchTool, it shows nothing interesting, i.e. no green square, they are all gray, and no information displays.

I'm beginning to think this has something to do with the driver install. I have never installed the drivers before now, i.e. I was already on Windows 8.1 when I received the CX-919 on Monday. So in my step 1, I'm doing the steps that DiZet mentioned about driver signature and installing the driver. However, I have read that the driver signature disabling is not permanent. (There is a way to do that, but I'd rather not). Whether I do the restart with disabling or not, that driver install always says it is successful. That makes me think it is not really installing anything. I mean, shouldn't an error occur if I've booted without doing the signature disabling?

DiZet, you probably don't want to do this because you may get stuck in the same predicament as some of us! From what you wrote, I'm assuming you already had the Rockusb driver installed BEFORE installing Windows 8.1. If you get rid of all traces of the driver in your system and start from scratch, I'm wondering if you'll have the same problem. Again, probably not something you want to do unless you take a backup so that you could restore if you end up in the same situation that we're in.

One other question about the driver install. You do not mention whether the stick needs to be inserted before we right click and install the rockusb.inf. I'm sure I've tried it both ways (inserted and not inserted), and it makes no difference, but I still thought I'd ask.

Okay....captkronos. Go to post #20 in this thread and you'll see what I described about how I found the right USB Root Hub. I had to correlate the "Generic USB Hub" that goes with it. I gave some details, but maybe not enough. Okay, here goes....here's what I did, and I'm assuming it's okay, but this is all due to my own investigation. I found nothing written about this.

Look at the Generic USB Hub entries, find one with the Power tab that shows an error ("Unknown USB..."). Go back to its General tab and see its Location, like Port_#0001.Hub_#0002. Then look at the Power tab in the USB Root Hub entries, click on the Generic USB Hub that shows in the Description, and it will display the General tab for a specific Generic USB Hub. If it shows the same Location that you found above, you've got it!

I don't know how DiZet can go directly to the USB Root Hub's Power tab and find it. Again, maybe this has something to do with the fact that he already installed the driver under Windows 8, so he is not going to encounter the same issues.
                        Last edited by sga000; 11-02-2013, 23:10.

Comment

gonna need to wait for rockchip to get off there asses and fix their drivers no ammount of fiddling around with configs or disabling devices is gonna fix it the driver is flat not compatible with the windows 8/8.1 Usb stack
                          current devices(rockchip sucks)
                          Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
                          Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
                          rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Okay....captkronos. Go to post #20 in this thread and you'll see what I described about how I found the right USB Root Hub. I had to correlate the "Generic USB Hub" that goes with it. I gave some details, but maybe not enough. Okay, here goes....here's what I did, and I'm assuming it's okay, but this is all due to my own investigation. I found nothing written about this.

Look at the Generic USB Hub entries, find one with the Power tab that shows an error ("Unknown USB..."). Go back to its General tab and see its Location, like Port_#0001.Hub_#0002. Then look at the Power tab in the USB Root Hub entries, click on the Generic USB Hub that shows in the Description, and it will display the General tab for a specific Generic USB Hub. If it shows the same Location that you found above, you've got it!
                            Thanks for the more detailed explanation but it still doesn't reflect my experience. Device Manager shows 3 Generic USB hubs. Checking each one doesn't show any Unknown USB errors. However looking on the General tab of the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) entry it states the location as Port_#0002.Hub_#0003. Checking each of the Generic USB Hub entries they report having locations: Port_#0004.Hub_#0003, Port_#0001.Hub_#0002, Port_#0001.Hub_#0001. Then checking the Power tabs on the USB Root Hub entries (I have two + USB Root Hub (xHCI) and the latter does not have a power tab) they link to Port_#0001.Hub_#0002, Port_#0001.Hub_#0001. I am guessing my PIPO is connected to the Hub_#0003 entry which, for some reason doesn't have a corresponding USB Root Hub and hence I can't disable it.

Also like you I have never had any error message while installing the drivers whether the signature verification is off or not, so you are probably correct that we are never actually installing the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by captkronos View Post
                              Thanks for the more detailed explanation but it still doesn't reflect my experience. Device Manager shows 3 Generic USB hubs. Checking each one doesn't show any Unknown USB errors. However looking on the General tab of the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) entry it states the location as Port_#0002.Hub_#0003. Checking each of the Generic USB Hub entries they report having locations: Port_#0004.Hub_#0003, Port_#0001.Hub_#0002, Port_#0001.Hub_#0001. Then checking the Power tabs on the USB Root Hub entries (I have two + USB Root Hub (xHCI) and the latter does not have a power tab) they link to Port_#0001.Hub_#0002, Port_#0001.Hub_#0001. I am guessing my PIPO is connected to the Hub_#0003 entry which, for some reason doesn't have a corresponding USB Root Hub and hence I can't disable it.

Also like you I have never had any error message while installing the drivers whether the signature verification is off or not, so you are probably correct that we are never actually installing the driver.
                              Gee, I guess there's very little consistency here! I have a new ASUS (Q200e) with 3 USB ports, one of them is USB 3.0. I haven't been using the 3.0 one, thinking it might cause more problems than the older standard. I'm going to attach a screen capture of what Device Manager shows before connecting the stick. You would think I would have 3 Generic Ports, like you said, but I don't. So....I guess each computer is different, our experiences aren't going to match each other...or DiZet.

I sure would like to get this resolved, but I've spent LOTS of time on it to no avail.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Rockusb Driver v3.7

Can anyone please test it on Win8.1 and give feedback?

Rockusb Driver v3.7 --> http://touchscreen-apps.blogspot.ro/2013/11/hot-download-rockusb-driver-v37-for.html

Ver: Rockusb Driver v3.7
                                Date: 2013.11.06

Content:
                                1.) Support Windows 8.1
                                2.) Support USB 3.0 controller on Windows 8/8.1
                                Last edited by danyrolux; 11-14-2013, 13:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X