Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 4.4.2 KitKat SDK Released for Rockchip RK3188 mini PCs: MK908, MK908 II, MK918 and A9

Comment

Can I use this ROM on MK908?

Comment

Originally posted by Smokez View Post
        went through the steps, seemed a success but am now sitting looking at 4 linux style penguins in the corner of a black screen?! where did i go wrong?!
        Thanks for your hard work Finless!!!

Same here, four penguins in the lefthand corner (MK908II). I've flashed the stock kernel to see if this would change things, but still the penguins remain. I have had them sit there for an hour, nothing seems to happen...

Comment

CX-919

Original CX-919 with AP6210 wi-fi -- does not work at all.
          Four penguins only... All parameters by default.

Comment

MK908-ii

woks with my MK908-ii, but slow and some lagg

antutu score with stockkernel: 12400
            antutu score with 1800cpu,798gpu,800ddr overclocked kernel: 14500

antutu score with, MK908-ii Finless ROM 1.5a rom: 18000

Comment

Great rom

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Hey all, with the release of a KitKat 4.4.2 BETA ROM by Tronsmart for AP2610 devices, I decided to work on a ROM based on this for you all.

While I built and tested this on my CX-919 it should also work for the following devices:
              CX-919, MK908-II, GM282, GK525, iMito QX2, IPPLI Mars I2C

I find this ROM to be pretty good! I like it honestly.
              But I have not tested everything thus why it is called a BETA ROM.
              Use at your own risk!

NOTE: YOU MUST FLASH THE BOOT LOADER (RK3188Loader(L)_V2.08.bin) WITH THIS ROM! If you don't you will be bricked!
              If you decide to go back to 4.2.2 ROMs you MUST flash the loader for that not this new one!

Special notes about the stock ROM and my ROM.
              Currently the stock kernel is 720P thus 1080P videos will be upscaled.
              The way I have been patching kernels to 1080P on 4.2.2 will not work. Even though this is a 3.0.36+ kernel, it is very different!
              We expect to fix this soon as sources become available.
              Also I cannot tell if this has frame skipping. To me it seems it plays video differently.
              Your going to have to judge that yourself.

Features and release notes for my 2.0 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
              Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
              Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
              This means you could loose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
              What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
              This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Stock ROM was only 1 Gig of APP space.
              BUT you also have parameter file options!
              There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
              Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
              I made the default 2GB

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
              There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this kitkat release! Some of them did not even work.
              I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest versions.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
              This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
              Again I had to figure it out!

5) I dumped the crappy modified kitkat launcher that was in this and used the AOSP stock kitkat launcher.
              This gives you the transparent status bars back.

6) Rotation is enabled in this ROM. I have not figured out yet how to kill that.
              Thus when you run a game or things like Antutu, the screen will rotate on graphics.
              I have supplied in this rom a rotation locker APP.
              You can turn it on and even set it to run at boot to lock rotation to landscape.

7) Calendar app was not working. I replaced it with the AOSP Google Calendar APP.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
              I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
              Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a CX-919 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
              I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
              If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
              Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
              Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
              Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
              WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!

9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

10) Other tweaks I usually do for performance on all my ROMs.

11) Kernel choices:
              Special thanks to Freaktab user phjanderson for his match-o-matic script.
              I am supplying a full set of OC kernels for you.
              All of them have the following:
              5 steps for CPU control.
              5 steps for GPU control
              2 DDR steps.

Always read the README.TXT file in my ROM kit for additional information!

Here is the link for my KitKat 2.0 BETA ROM

ROM -> KitKat AP6210 Finless 2.0 ROM (289 megs)

Here is the link for OC kernel set

ROM -> KitKat OverClocked kernel set (188 megs)

Enjoy,
              Bob

Thanks so much for this rom. I am really enjoying this one. I just received my mk908II a week ago and I wasnt impressed so far even with custom roms on it. I dont care so much about speed at this point, rather have my often used apps run stable, and with this rom everything runs great, xbmc gotham alpha perfect, fox sports and my other sport streaming apps flawless, and they didnt before! Only thing I would like to ask you Bob, could you maybe implant ehomemediacenter and wifidisplay and newer version of this rom. I really like to use ehomemedcenter for remote app and would like to test wifidisplay on KitKat.

Anyway thanks so far!

Comment

Hi bob,

I want to use the 4GB Parameter File with my CX-919 v2.0, but since you already mentioned that the KITKAT Manages the Memory in a different way, I would like to be sure before Flashing, if this ROM supports the 4GB Parameter File and which one to use?

Bob, do you included the Parameter Files in the KitKat-ROM Package or it is safe to use the Parameter Files from your others oldest ROMs?

Comment

Originally posted by ulises1954 View Post
                  Hi bob,

I want to use the 4GB Parameter File with my CX-919 v2.0, but since you already mentioned that the KITKAT Manages the Memory in a different way, I would like to be sure before Flashing, if this ROM supports the 4GB Parameter File and which one to use?

Bob, do you included the Parameter Files in the KitKat-ROM Package or it is safe to use the Parameter Files from your others oldest ROMs?
                  Just flashed my cx919 v2
                  1st flash 4GB perameter STUCK ON 4 PENGUINS
                  2nd flash 2GB perameter WORKING

Now let me check things out hope bob can fix the 4GB perameter thing
                  Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

4gb & 6gb parameter files bad

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                    Just flashed my cx919 v2
                    1st flash 4GB perameter STUCK ON 4 PENGUINS
                    2nd flash 2GB perameter WORKING

Now let me check things out hope bob can fix the 4GB perameter thing
                    OK you guys are right. I messed up the 4gb parameter file and left out the new metadata partition
                    Also the 6gb worked but was only 4gb.

Here is a new 4gb & 6gb parameter files tested and working.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...it?usp=sharing

Sorry about that but this was the last thing I did before releasing the ROM.

FYI all the other parameter files work fine. I retested to make sure. I will also upload the new ROM kit with the fixed files.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

First post here,

What OC kernels is recommended?

Comment

Without a heatsink 1608 CPU, 400 GPU, 667 DDR would be as far as I would go or risk frying the unit.
                        And even then using an APP like Set CPU and turn down CPU to 1400 if you feel it is getting too hot.

Bob

Comment

OK you guys are right. I messed up the 4gb parameter file and left out the new metadata partition
                          Also the 6gb worked but was only 4gb.

Here is a new 4gb & 6gb parameter files tested and working.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...it?usp=sharing

Sorry about that but this was the last thing I did before releasing the ROM.

FYI all the other parameter files work fine. I retested to make sure. I will also upload the new ROM kit with the fixed files.

Bob
                          1000Thanks bob for the updated Parameter Files!!

I was only waiting for the NEW 4GB Parameter File, to flash my CX-919 v2.0 today...

Happy to know that you Re-Tested to make sure that all the Parameter Files works OK.

Comment

Switch kernel

Without a heatsink 1608 CPU, 400 GPU, 667 DDR would be as far as I would go or risk frying the unit.
                            And even then using an APP like Set CPU and turn down CPU to 1400 if you feel it is getting too hot.

Bob
                            I am new to flashing roms/kernels. After flashing this rom, now I want to try different kernel. Is it okay to just flash the new kernel? Or do I have to flash the whole rom again together with new kernel? Sorry for noob question. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by ulises1954 View Post
                              1000Thanks bob for the updated Parameter Files!!

I was only waiting for the NEW 4GB Parameter File, to flash my CX-919 v2.0 today...

Happy to know that you Re-Tested to make sure that all the Parameter Files works OK.
                              Im just testing a few things out then & once im happy I will reflash to the 4GB
                              Tincore & sixaxis seem to be working but will test better latter
                              BBM working,bluetooth & wif working
                              Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by Lestercity View Post
                                I am new to flashing roms/kernels. After flashing this rom, now I want to try different kernel. Is it okay to just flash the new kernel? Or do I have to flash the whole rom again together with new kernel? Sorry for noob question. Thx.
                                Yes you can just flash the kernel to change it. No need to flash everything.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X