nVidia Shield streaming on any Android Device WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nVidia Shield streaming on any Android Device WIP

Was browsing the XDA forum for the Shield and ran across this. I haven't tried it yet since I am at work, but I will try on my t428 and my Note 2 when I get home tonight.

Please don't ask for Moonlight help on Nvidia's forums! It's not their responsibility to support this app. Ask on this forum, another non-Nvidia forum, by email, etc What happened to Limelight?/Why did you change your name? On April 21, 2015, we...
    TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
    ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
    CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
    Recovery: ClockworkMod
    Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
    Kernel: Persus

So I got this working last night, and its pretty much the best thing ever. I bought the GameKlip for my phone so I have a PS3 controller that I can use attached to my phone. I was able to play games from my Steam library on 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi last night. Spent most of my time playing Mortal Kombat. There was some artifacts from the compression and lag but I live in a super flooded WiFi area. It was still really playable.

The coolest thing about this is that there is a .jar download that you can place on a PC to stream your library to another PC (remote or local). So I have a media center PC in my living room that has a GT520 video card and a dual core CPU. I was able to stream all my games to it and still run full resolution because of my gaming PC down in the basement.

It got late before I could try it on my T428, but if it can run on my Note 2, it shouldn't have any issues. The only thing I could see being a problem is the WiFi on the T428 itself. Ive never connected above 65Mbps on 2.4GHz or 5GHz on it. Maybe using the USB to RJ45 10/100 adapter will yield better results.

I highly recomend all the gamers out there to try this out!
    TV Stick: MK808 // Tronsmart T428
    ROM: Finless 1.7c w/Pimp My Rom // Nexus SDK2 Multi-Window v1.2
    CPU: @1.6GHz OnDemand Governor NOOP I/O Scheduler
    Recovery: ClockworkMod
    Kernel: Omegamoon // 1080p OC kernel 720ddr 1.9cpu
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    ROM: Whompasaurus v4.2
    Kernel: Persus

Comment

Working...
    X