NEW - T428 KitKat Finless ROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
    Well, I'm a year late but I finally installed this firmware from scratch (full erasure). I was previously using your Minix Neo x7 1.8 firmware and since my TV was only 720p, and the ROM worked so well, I didn't want to mess with it. Now I'm using a 1080p TV and wanted to go higher def.

This ROM is working great so far! Youtube, Netflix, Google Movie Play etc all work fine. I had already upgraded the heatsink on my T428 over a year ago, so I was ready for the 1080 ROM. The image is sharper and crisper even though YouTube seems to be limiting me to 720p and video quality on Netflix & Google Play is limited by streaming bandwidth and stuff.

Anyway, thanks for this ROM Bob ! My T428 seems faster now. Maybe that's just because of the fresh install.
    Have you updated Google Play Services since installing this Rom? If so, are you getting the "unfortunately google play services has stopped" error? Just wondering if updating google play services after a fresh install might resolve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by nickyp View Post
      Hi all! This Rom has been so brilliant for me up until now. Since April 2015 when Google updated their Google Play Services I keep getting an error saying "unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped". I uninstalled the updates as a temporary solution but Play Services & Youtube and other GAPPS don't work without the update. Any solutions please?
      Hi All

Pleased to report that today I updated google play services 7.5.71 (1955121-032) with this rom and everything is back to normal, no annoying messages. Yippee! Obviously google has been busy.

Comment

Hy guys
        I have a question about this rom ...I't works on Tronsmart NX ?
        Tnx in advance for response

Comment

Same problem for me now. It only just started very recently (end of July). I've no idea what NickyP means by this " 7.5.71 (1955121-032) " . I've been uninstalling and trying to update for several days now but the problem persists.

Comment

[Solution] Those having problems with Google Service/Framework Crashing On Tronsmart T428

Yesterday, 12:54 PM

I am not sure if it is just the Tronsmart T428 with the firmeware posted below or it also happens to other products with customized firmware but..

I updated google play services and other apps made from google like Google Search and it crashes when I startup my Transmart. It started to happen June and it got worse in August which I had no other choice but to..
            I reflashed and updated the google apps, still crashing.
            I tried to uninstall the updates, clear cache, clear data, force stop and it crashes the services and forces other services to crash
            I spend hours trying to fix it but with no solution, so I have no other choice but to reflash the whole system. The factory reset via the boot menu does not work. Once you update the google services/apps that causes the crash their is no way to revert back. It seems to hook it self permanently.
            So again, reflash from this thread
            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inless-rom-2-0

When you reboot it will guide you through the menu. DO NOT enter you google email. If you do Google play will either respond with google play services has crashed or starts to update google apps which will &*^( things up even more and you have to repeat the whole process.

You can either sideload apps or install
            android apps, android games, download android games, best android apps

an alternative google play store

The default email app to read email works so entering your email from their works. Youtube app requires an update for google framework services, so you are out of luck. So you have to manually make a bookmark the YouTube mobile page or use a third party app. Default browser still works or use a third party app but not google chrome. Basically any google made app is unusable unless you have something like nexus 5 or update the the most recent google play framework/service. Modified roms made for android Chinese tv sticks used to work with google play, now either google is cracking down or something is up.

The OP who made the rom has to update the firmware, for now it seems abandoned, including the manufacturer. It's been over an year so time will time how long we can keep using kitkat.

So my solution is DO NOT UPDATE ANY APPS MADE BY GOOGLE LEAVE IT AS DEFAULT WHEN YOU FLASH IT.

If you have other tips or successful ways post here.

----
            Google Play
            7.5.71 (1955121-032)
            means version # so find a copy .apk by googling.
            To be honest I wouldn't do so, but if your Tronsmart has problems crashing, it doesn't hurt updating to that SPECIFIC VERSION. Report back if it doesn't crash
            My system is ok now, nothing is crashing so I don't want to be updating anything made from google.

Comment

How to install (downgrade) 4.2.2 firmware after this firmware? :-(

Comment

I think I've finally got this problem licked. As posted by other above, until Google fixes the bug, we have only the option to revert to an older version of 'Google Play Services'. I used 'APK Mirror' to go back to version 7.5.74 (1997312-034), However, despite choosing 'Do No Automatically Udate Apps' in Google Play Store settings, Google Play Services will STILL be updated automatically after a reboot whether you likd it or not. It will update to the latest compatible version, which for me was: Google Play services 7.8.99 (2134222-034).

To fix this, you need to use any File Manager with root access and go to: \data\app folder and look for 'com.google.android.gmsXX.apk' while you still have the 7.8.99 or whatever buggy crashy version that doesn't work installed. The double "XX" represensts a possible "-1" or "-2" Anyway, you want to write down the name of the apk file, then:

1. Go into settings/ apps/ downloaded and find Google Play Services, click on it and then click on "Uninstall". You'll be asked if you want to revert to the factory version. Choose YES.
                2. Use APK mirror and download a working older version of Google Play Services and install the apk.
                3. Use your file manager and create an empty folder with the name that you wrote down of the newer version that doesn't work. This will cause the background auto-update process to fail when you reboot, at least until the fine folks at Google devise a way to screw us again.

So now you should be able to stick with the older version of Google Play Services that doesn't crash all the time.

Comment

The solution I posted above still works and allows you to keep version 7.5.74 of Google Play Services, unfortunately, there are some apps that won't run unless you have the newest version. For example, if you install Google Drive, you'll be forced to update and the latest update crashes every 3 seconds. I don't know what the trouble is. The T428 doesn't have the typical hardware of a smart-phone and maybe that's an issue. I guess I'll try to install an earlier version of Google Drive.

Yeah, so APK Mirror is saving my bacon right now until Google produces a new version of Play Srvs that is compatible with this firmware. I installed an earlier version of Google Drive from back in April, 2015 ( ver. 2.2.083.23.34) and that will run without demanding an update of Play Srvcs
                  Last edited by fwupow; 10-05-2015, 18:40. Reason: added more info

Comment

Just flashed it on my Tronsmart NX. While it flashed fine, the USB nor the NX IR remote did not work so no go. flashed back to NX Finless 1.4.

Originally posted by FerociousAndroid View Post
                    Tronsmart NX
                    Hello Finless,
                    Will this ROM work with the Tronsmart NX? Reason I'm asking is your "Tronsmart NX Box 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4" was developed and tested on the T428.
                    Thanks.
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-1-4
                    Originally posted by aperez View Post
                    Hy guys
                    I have a question about this rom ...I't works on Tronsmart NX ?
                    Tnx in advance for response

Comment

Thanks a lot for try. we really look forward to hearing from you about a new firmware for NX.

Comment

hallo there
                        i was looking at tronsmart.com/download/908 and there was an new rom software i did not get it on my tvstick tronsmart 908 ver 3-5 but the Finless rom works god my question is this new rom on tronsmart.com new or not
                        thanks Finless for yor work i love it
                        /peter

Comment

Working...
                        X