NEW - Tronsmart A928 KitKat 4.4.2 Finless 2.0 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcam and Mic In

Bob, any luck with Webcam support and Mic In? I want to run Skype video on T428.

Comment

Does the Miracast / WIFI Display feature work on this ROM

I was using the stock rom which had wifi display app and use to share photos from my Galaxy Note 2
      to the T428

Now with 4.4.2 for sam function i did
      Display -> Cast Screen -> Menu -> Enable wireless display (as per link below)
      If you have a Chromecast or other device that casts, you can mirror your Pixel phone's screen and audio on

Then i try to find the device on galaxy note 2 (OS 4.4.2) or even my Moto G (4.4.4.)
      but it does not work.
      The T428 is not found by any device.

Does this functionality been removed bob.

Please help.

Comment

Back to Stock

When going back to stock from this ROM do I do an Upgrade or Restore?

Comment

Audio has static?

I love this rom and the fact that it is 4.4 android. One thing I have noticed on it though, the audio playback is very distorted. This has been through netflix, xbmc, basically everything I have tried. Has anyone had this issue and/or is there a fix? Thanks Bob.

Comment

Modify build.prop

I would like to find a way to modify the build.prop file from what it now shows as a Galaxy SIII to the S4. This would allow google chromecast app to allow mirrorcast from this system, because right now the SIII is not compatible.

Is there a way to do this where it doesn't lock up at the boot screen? It's stated as below you can change the file to show the A928 again, but what about changing it to the more recent S4 device so we can be compatible with more apps.

Thanks for the help.

9) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
            I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
            Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a A928 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
            I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
            If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
            Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
            Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
            Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
            Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

u4b encrypted

Hi all,
              I was using an u4b with this rom and every was great.
              This morning I turned off my tv as usual, from where my u4b took power.
              This evening when I turned the tv on, my device was showing the request for the password to decrypt the file system !!!
              I did not encrypt anything !!! ... so there is no password. I've seen that it could happen when a partition is mounted in a wrong way.

The problem is that now the device is seen by windows only as MTP device ...
              Is there anyone that could help me to fix this ?
              Otherwise I have to throw it away

EDIT :
              Sorry, done... I found which pins I had to short ... if anyone need them are 7/8, counting from right to left...
              Last edited by fiuwe; 08-28-2014, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by picky2004 View Post
                Did that
                no success windows 8

worked on another machine with windows 7
                thank you

I have same problem on my windows 8.1 computer

Comment

I have a big issue with the rom
                  Then i try to use
                  Dragon VLC Video Player Pro
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=offshore.vlc.pro

My device freezen, and i have to take the pwer

The app dont work
                  Is sad becus is my Primary app for tv

Comment

Hostname Change does not work...

Hello All,

This is a great ROM! I have been running it for quite some time, and have had zero problems.

However, today, I did notice one issue.

My hostname change is not working. I have several android devices around the house, and like to name them using identifiable names on my network.

Normally, I just download DNS Hostname Changer, grant SU, change the hostname, hit apply, and I'm good.

For some reason, it's not working with this ROM. I have even tried editing build.prop, adding net.hostname=RK3188-Black-Stick.

This STILL will not work. The device reverts back to the stock: android-######## hostname.

What can I do to resolve this issue, and get a good hostname assigned within this ROM?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
                    bluegrassbandit42

Comment

Bought a Tronfy mx4 telos video streaming tv box using Amlogic s812, it is still in good condition for 3month's use, yet still waiting for a decent rom, as I want to extend the system. can anyone give some tips in doing a rom?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimer View Post
                        Bought a Tronfy mx4 telos video streaming tv box using Amlogic s812, it is still in good condition for 3month's use, yet still waiting for a decent rom, as I want to extend the system. can anyone give some tips in doing a rom?
                        You will have better luck posting in the AMLogic TV Box section as this section is for Rockchip RK3188 devices.
                        Tronfy & Tronsmart are 2 completely different companies.
                        Also try to look for a similar box's firmware in the AMLogic section, you might find a custom ROM that boots.

Comment

Working...
                        X